Duos Team Event, it's over, as Roy Orbison once said.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 228 comments

Where would you like the final meeting to be held?

• Tokyo South Inner Loop

• Tokyo South Outer Loop

• Interlagos

• Three races, one at each circuit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bugger! I'd had a practice race with 12 laps again. I think I may need to find where the pit lane entry is now. :P
@Venari and I have been doing a practice and it looks like he's in the Jaaaaaaaag and I'm in the KTM.
This puts you fellas at an advantage against me, I've barely scratched the surface of thinking about practicing. For various reasons I won't bore you with (but which do include roaming hundreds and hundreds of miles meeting recue dogs) I'm still almost a complete stranger to the Catalonian circuit.

Still, I'd practiced like hell for Maggiore and had a total stinker in the second race...

See y'all tonight chaps.

This puts you fellas at an advantage against me,
It was only one race one day last week, so it won't be that much of an advantage. However I'll try and get a few more laps in prior to the race this evening.

It'll all come in handy because I've just looked up where we're racing at next week in PC2.

19th & 21st - made me smile. I think it's the GP layout as well.
Wed 2018 Schedule.jpg

I'm now actually classed in the Pro driver category!

No need for language like that.
Oops, I don't know what came over me. Sorry. :)

I'll go and wash my mouth out with some Kaz soap. He has a full range of GT related toiletries in various aromas. Deep Forest is my favourite. :P

Think I´m using the KTM can anybody tell me what specs are the right one now?
Now I have 98% power and 91% weight - is that right?

Last edited:
Think I´m using the KTM can anybody tell me what specs are the right one now?
It did change slightly from the original settings, but yes I believe that we are still using power at 98% and weight set at 91%, SH tyres.

I've got a practice lobby - Duos Libre - up if anyone wants to run to lobby specs.

I'm not there, so just have at it.

And the results are in...

First race:

SAS, Race time plus 40.009 seconds. 7 points.

Hip Replacement, plus 45.828 seconds. 6 points.

Booby etc, plus 52.469 seconds. 5 points.

HRSC Racing, plus 71.127 seconds. 4 points.

Alfonzo Rodin, plus 71.528 seconds. 3 points.

Arctic Racing plus 107.442 seconds. 2 points.

Second race:

SAS, Race time plus 57.278 seconds. 7 points.

Hip Replacement, plus 67.016 seconds. 6 points.

Arctic Racing, plus 72.864 seconds. 5 points.

Booby etc, plus 86.245 seconds. 4 points.

Alfonzo Rodin, plus 87.023 seconds. 3 points.

HRSC Racing, plus 97.606 seconds. 2 points.

By my reckoning chaps, this means that the current overall positions are:

1st Hip Replacement, 25 points.

2nd SAS, 23 points.

3rd HRSC Racing, 19 points.

4th Booby Bums Larina, 17 points.

5th Alfonzo Rodin, 13 points.

6th Arctic Racing, 11 points.

Huge congratulations to Sparkz on taking two more wins. These have obviously contributed massively to his elevation to A+ racer grading.

I just have to mention, "It's just standing still!" and "You're all overtaking me!" I can't wait for another belting quote from Suts when we next meet to do Duos Battle. Speaking of which, @Famine @Venari one of you chaps will be in the Jag again (well done with that, by the way Mark, you were quicker than I'd expected it to be). And @JockeP22 it's your choice of circuit again.

I'll aim to make the next meeting for Tuesday 27th November, unless there are a few of us who can't make that.

Cheers, Zo.

Sorry Zo I'm dragging Team Rodin down. I'm still doing a Simon & Garfunkel and "Slip Slidin' Away" out the back. :guilty:

But hey, I'm keeping you from having to drive the Jag, so there's that bonus. :)

Sorry Zo I'm dragging Team Rodin down.
Nonsense Paul. We lost a place at both of Tuesday's races by less than a second, we'd be well up the reckonings if we'd got them (no, no we wouldn't). And just look at the beautiful livery you've inspired. We're doing fine. And, the good news is, the next track can't be anywhere near as garbage as Catalonia.. Result!

If he doesn't get back to you before Tuesday Zo
Is this true
Jocke mentioned it in the first message on the PSN mail he sent.
Hi guys, if you're planning on making Zo's next Duos event this is just to let you know that I pick Suzuka East for the track of the day.
I don't think he's changed his choice since then.

Apologies @Zolon32, at the last moment I got roped into some pre Christmas visiting of relatives. I thought I'd be back in time but the tea and talk dragged on and on. Once I'd had a bite to eat it wasn't worth joining. And no, I didn't even get offered a mince pie.

You probably scored more points without me anyway. :P

Apologies @Zolon32, at the last moment I got roped into some pre Christmas visiting of relatives. I thought I'd be back in time but the tea and talk dragged on and on. Once I'd had a bite to eat it wasn't worth joining. And no, I didn't even get offered a mince pie.

You probably scored more points without me anyway. :P
No problem Paul, this time of year does cause social congestion. We didn't do too badly in your absence.

Having looked at the replay of race two I've got a second piece of stewardship to deal with. Lap three, first corner, @Famine has a run at @Harsk100, and is making a move up the inside, whereupon Harsk turns in, evidently in an attempt at a blocking move. Unfortunately, his move is either 150 yards too late, or 25 yards too early. There is a collision, Famine takes to the grass and loses a place in the process. Harsk loses out too, but it was a rash move, and I've given him a 4.8 second penalty.

With that in mind, the results of Tuesday's racing are as follows...

Race 1.

1st Alfonzo Rodin, Race time plus 16.662 seconds.

2nd HRSC Racing, plus 19.308 seconds.

3rd SAS, plus 30.831 seconds.

4th Hip Replacement, plus 40.646 seconds.

5th Arctic Racing, plus 42.868 seconds (Well done Taco)

6th Booby Bums Larina, plus 114.052 seconds.

Race 2.

1st Booby Bums Larina, Race Time plus 42.424 seconds.

2nd HRSC Racing, plus 42.476 seconds.

3rd Alfonzo Rodin, plus 42.546 seconds.

4th Arctic Racing, plus 43.857 seconds.

5th SAS, plus 54.154 seconds.

6th Hip Replacement, plus 62.571 seconds.

I think that the choice of Suzuka East really stuffed the Jag...

So, all this means... drum roll please... that we go into the final meeting with the following positions:

Joint 1st, Hip Replacement, SAS and HRSC Racing, all on 31 points.

4th Booby Bums Larina, 26 points.

5th Alfonzo Rodin, 25 points.

6th Arctic Racing, 18 points.

So, for the next meeting there won't be any wrangling the Jag, it will be a straight scrap to the finish using the Merc and KTM.

@JockeP22 it's your choice again as to which track we use. I don't think we've got a date set yet, but I'd like to make it as soon as possible in the new year, so I'm proposing January 8th. Can you all endorse on here whether you are able to make that, @hobbsy and @AndreasR in particular.

Cheers, Zo.

We didn't do too badly in your absence.
No you didn't. I'll have to arrange a bit more social congestion so that we stand a chance. :)

Providing there's no further unplanned changes to my hectic social calendar I should be able to make you a window for the 8th. I just need some uPVC and glass.

I probably will be unable to make the 8th as I’ll be back in college and your race time is in the afternoon here. But it was a fun event that I’m glad I did.

Sorry to say that i´ll be unable to make it because we planned to be working far away from my PS4 but it should be the last week working there so slowly i´ll be back to normal then.

The excursion to the egtm (European GT Masters) ended last tuesday. Unofficial results shows me at place three overall as this was my first attempt to do a league like this, not too bad I think.

:cheers: merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you. :cheers:

The excursion to the egtm (European GT Masters) ended last tuesday. Unofficial results shows me at place three overall as this was my first attempt to do a league like this, not too bad I think.
Brilliant Andreas, well done 👍

Sorry to say that i´ll be unable to make it because we planned to be working far away from my PS4 but it should be the last week working there so slowly i´ll be back to normal then.
We'll not be doing it on the 8th then, how is the 15th looking for the next date? I'd really like to have ten of us present for the final meeting if possible.

I probably will be unable to make the 8th as I’ll be back in college and your race time is in the afternoon here.
If you keep an eye on the thread you might find that it kicks off when you're available Taco, and if not, you're welcome to race with us anytime you can :)

Cheers, Zo.

Back