During what month do you think Gran Turismo 5 will release?

• Total voters

SrRd RacinG

(Banned)
SrRd-RacinG
GDC confirms a 2010 release. So it begs the question, the debate:

Poll Time!

March will not be an option. But April-December are options. And two others! Then we'll praise those who guessed it right!

Last edited:
It's still too early. I hope June, but that Spanish exec said Autumn or Winter of this year.

Therefore, the answer is clearly Junetober 34th.

July, big summer release with nothing else around it and it will continue to sell well for the rest of the year.

I don't expect it to come any time before September because of Summer and it just seems too soon to finish it, I think September at the earliest and December at the latest so I think maybe about October it will come.

Last edited:
I said december 3rd of 2009 because it was the 15th anniversary of the PSone, but since that didn't happened, and i remember reading it somewhere that since the game didn't ship in the expected 2009 holidays, it would only come in the following holiday, so, december it is.

Is "Neverember" a month? Jes kiddin! I would *hope* in June but my gut is telling me holiday release so November..

June for me. with 3DTVs coming out then, seems pretty plausible. And with such a huge fan base already established, they won't need that much time after E3 to get enough hype.

Summer does make sense. I don't think there are any big titles interfering with the date like GOW III did (both March). Hmm...very interesting speculation. E3 should clear up the confusion that remains, though.

I'm being foolishly optimistic and guessing May. I may be wrong, but well as that may be, may the gaming Gods be with us all.

Is "Neverember" a month? Jes kiddin! I would *hope* in June but my gut is telling me holiday release so November..

Do the Japanese have thanksgiving? Or Europe... or the rest of the world? :D

Summer is fine, autumn / winter is definitely too late.

Oh, by the way, this thread should prove to be really fun! :dopey:

Last edited:
AUGUST no doubt!

By the way, can someone find me that Predict GT5 date or something? Somehow I can not find it. It had member's names written down and their predicted dates... I wanna see who is the closest so far ;)

ill say last part of june. It doesn't need advertising and would have gave GOW III time to get its sales. GT5 would help start in the new fiscal year. Sony said they were going on the offensive this year and with a firmware upgrade to the ps3 in the summer (for 3d) one can only hope GT5 is the reason why.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_hi_te/as_japan_sony3d

^Link expired. But here's the same info from IGN

UK, March 10, 2010 - Sony's PlayStation 3 could be 3D ready as soon as this June, with reports suggesting a firmware update coinciding with the release of Sony's first 3D TV will enable the console to output in 3D.

PlayStation 3's capacity to support 3D gaming has already been touted with playable versions of Gran Turismo and Super Stardust on show at this year's CES. Now as Sony prepares to seriously enter the 3D space with the launch of its first 3D TV in Japan on June 10 it looks as if the PlayStation 3 will be following suit.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1076199p1.html

I believe it will be sometime in July 2010, as 4 months after the initial date is more then enough time Sony and PD need, considering they were adding the finishing touches in Jan 2010. Come on GT5, we still love ya.

Back