DVD's anyone? My little collection.

  • Thread starter Thread starter OmicroN
  • 45 comments
  • 2,596 views
Messages
613
172movies.jpg

So far I think i'm near the 400 mark, that's 100 less than the number of laserdiscs we have also, but those are currently locked up...

All of these movies are backed up by a 55" widescreen, 2 definitive audio mains with 250watt subs in each main, 1500 definitive subwoofer, bose front center and rear center, left and right rear speakers, and left and right effect speakers. Power'd by a yamaha rx-v1 and a yamaha cx-1 5 disk dvd player. That's about all, i'm bored so I had to do something, people are sleeping so I can't watch movies.

172bigtv.jpg

172stereopic5.jpg

172couch-med.jpg
 
I hate you. I really do.

I have, about 10 DVD's and a 14" TV, beat that!
 
our 2ndary movie/game room consists of a 32" tv, 2 bose speakers that sit on 2 15" optimus speakers, rears we have some JBL's, phase tech 300watt subwoofer, yamaha rx-v992 reciever, and a panasonic dvd-a110 dvd player.

Also it has an xbox, ps2, gamecube, saturn, n64, ps1 and a dreamcast. Not all are visible.
1722ndtvroom.jpg

the tv in the kitchen is your normal 27" toshiba, it's our dinner tv and we also play our old atari game systems, the ones with packman and jump-man junior and such. Nothing big needed, only thing cool about it is that it's wall mounted and completely adjustable.
172kitchentv.jpg
 
***Is ****ing jealous***

:irked:

My collection consists of no DVDs, I'm cheapo and so I rent them instead...:p

Nice TV though.
 
Pretty impressive OmincroN, i am kinda jealous.

Though, have you realised that you have a TV in your doorway? If only there was a fire :)

Also, i would suggest stop buying DVD's and getting new wallpaper :D :lol: :p

Anyway here are my list of DVD's

24 - Complete Series 1 Box Set (6 discs)
The Best of 2DTV
American Beauty
American Pie - Ultimate Edition
American Pie 2 - Unseen
The Animatrix
Assault on Precinct 13
Beverly Hills Cop - Special Collectors Edition
Beverly Hills Cop II
Beverly Hills Cop III
Cats and Dogs
The Deer Hunter
Fight Club (2 discs)
Gladiator (2 discs)
The Godfather DVD Collection (5 discs)
GoodFellas
Green Day - International Superhits
Heat
LA Confidential - Special Edition
Leon
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Matrix
The Matrix - Revisited
Memento
Men In Black - Collecters Edition
Mission Impossible 2
The Ultimate Mummy Collection - The Mummy Ultimate Edition, The Mummy Returns Special Edition (4 discs)
North By North-West
Ocean's Eleven
The Office - The Complete First Series (2 Discs)
Pulp Fiction - Collecters Edition (2 discs)
Predator - Special Edition (2 discs)
Primal Fear
Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Mexico City
Reservoir Dogs
Saving Private Ryan
Seven - Special Edition (2 discs)
Taxi Driver
The Shawshank Redemption
The Simpsons - Backstage Pass
The Simpsons - Film Festival
The Simpsons - Risky Business
The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror
The Simpsons - Season 1 Boxset (3 discs)
The Simpsons - Season 2 Boxset (4 discs)
Snatch (2 discs)
Speed - Special Edition (2 discs)
Swordfish
The Terminator - Special Edition (2 discs)
T2 - Limited Edition Tin Box (2 discs)
Trigger Happy TV - Season 1
Trigger Happy TV - Season 2
Trigger Happy TV 3 - Christmas Specials, Being Dom Joly, Unseen Footage
The Usual Suspects - Special Edition (2 discs)

54 DVDs, 81 Discs.
 
Nice. :D
Wallpapers... not gonna do anything about that, lived here for 17 years of my life, i'm used to it, it'd be strange without it, lol. With the doorway, it's true that it's a fire hazzard, but there's not much room elsewhere. This house is around 140 years old, it's not made for powerful stereo systems. We're in the middle of redoing the outside of the house, just built 2 new decks, after that we get rid of this ugly green kitchen, then we move on from there. After all that work we're selling the house and getting the hell out of this crappy town. :lol:
 
I love it :D
Great receiver, I looked at the very same one when I was shopping for mine, but ended up buying a Yamaha RX-v795a because I wanted DTS sound. (you should look into an external DTS decoder, DTS sound is great.)
My speakers are all Klipsch reference series 3 now (after having only the center for almost 2 years.) (buy good speaker wire too, it makes a difference.)
The TV I have all this hooked up to is a 32 inch Toshiba, but I also have a 43 inch HD widescreen in my living room that gets very little use unless I have guests. (same receiver hooked up to that, with a Bose acoustijunk speaker system courtesy of my Girlfriend who may be great, but doesn't know audio ;))
Here is a pic of my collection from back in september of 2001 (around 450-500 at the time, although not all shown.) It's grown quite a bit since then, but not too much recently as work and my social life have been pulling me away from my vices. (movies and video games.)
 
GOOD GOD that's a lot of DVDs. I only have about *cough*20*cough*

BTW-Omnicron I see you have the Led Zeppelin DVD Set. Kicks butt doesn't it. Well, I love it anyway.
 
Nearing on the 200 mark myself with a 78cm TV to play them through, with my trusty old PS2 playing them

And i thought I had a collection going....400 nice job there mate 👍
 
I added U571 to my collection today, that makes 15 total. :eek:

High Octane 2
High Octane 3
Jurassic Park 3
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Men In Black 2
Ice Age
Spiderman
Air Force One
Monsters Inc.
American Pie 1 + 2
Back To The Future Boxset (1,2,3)
U571

Wowzerz
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Nearing on the 200 mark myself with a 78cm TV to play them through, with my trusty old PS2 playing them

And i thought I had a collection going....400 nice job there mate 👍

Huge TV! But you still use your PS2 as a DVD player, when it is a pretty poor DVD player, only 1 FF and RW for example. Unless you have the remote and CD.
 
Originally posted by Nismo GT-R
Huge TV! But you still use your PS2 as a DVD player, when it is a pretty poor DVD player, only 1 FF and RW for example. Unless you have the remote and CD.


yeah still using the PS2 for a DVD player ATM, am gonna buy a dedicated player soon

And yes I have the remote, screw using the controller:D
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
I added U571 to my collection today, that makes 15 total. :eek:

High Octane 2
High Octane 3


Nice one there mate, Ketzals a dag


Bought Minority report and Le Mans (Steve Mcqueen) today
 
well beat this. a 32" tv with a screwdriver through the dvd player. (women for you)
 
78cm is something like 30inches. Not bad, 200's a good total. :D

I just bought the family guy dvd set and dogma. Almost bought 8 mile and jay and silent bob strike back on impulse, but decided the prices were a bit high.
 
Im always on the lookout for good cheap movies, not much to pick from around here though :(

my list:
COYOTE UGLY
SOLDIER
GLADIATOR (2 DISC)
AMERICAN PIE
AMERICAN PIE 2
PASSENGER 57
LAST MAN STANDING
CONTACT
FALLING DOWN
CONSPIRACY THEORY
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
MORTAL KOMBAT: ANNIHILATION
THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES
PALE RIDER
EYES WIDE SHUT
THE CROW
STONE
LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS
GONE IN 60 SECONDS (ORIGINAL)
GONE IN 60 SECONDS
PREDATOR
PREDATOR 2
END OF DAYS
THE TERMINATOR
THE 6TH DAY
VERTICAL LIMIT
RISKY BUISINESS
HEAT
MAD MAX
MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR
MAD MAX 3: BEYOND THUNDERDOME
PITCH BLACK
THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS
TWISTER
CHARLIES ANGELS
DEEP BLUE SEA
TRAINSPOTTING
ENTER THE DRAGON
THE COLOUR OF MONEY
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER LONGER & UNCUT
HANNIBAL (2 DISC)
JFK (2 DISC)
TRUE LIES
THE PELICAN BRIEF
JUST CAUSE
BACKDRAFT
THE ASSASSIN
15 MINUTES
FINAL FANTASY (2 DISC)
MURDER AT 1600
DEAD POETS SOCIETY
THE PERFECT STORM
DANTES PEAK
AIRHEADS
ROMEO MUST DIE
THE ONE
BLACK MASK
THE BONE COLLECTOR
PEARL HARBOUR
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
BULLITT
TOMB RAIDER
THE MATRIX
CHAIN REACTION
THE PEACEMAKER
THE LAST BOY SCOUT
FULL METAL JACKET
THE OTHERS
OCEANS ELEVEN
THE INSIDER
SNAKE EYES
SPHERE
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
BILLY CONNELLY LIVE
METALLICA S&M (2 DISC)
BON JOVI THE CRUSH TOUR
POISON GREATEST VIDEO HITS
VOLCANO
THE NEGOTIATOR
BLACK HAWK DOWN
DANCES WITH WOLVES
DEF LEPPARD: HISTORIA/IN THE ROUND
DEF LEPPARD: VISUALIZE/VIDEO ARCHIVE
COBRA
GODZILLA
THE GREEN MILE
THE DEAD POOL
DEMOLITION MAN
U.S. MARSHALS
COURAGE UNDER FIRE
COMMANDO
THE CLIENT
FRANTIC
SWORDFISH
BREAKER MORANT
WE WERE SOLDIERS
TOP GUN
KISS OF THE DRAGON
FACE/OFF
THE ROCK
STARSHIP TROOPERS
FORREST GUMP
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
ALIEN
ALIENS SPECIAL EDITION
ALIEN 3
ALIEN RESURRECTION
THE MUMMY
BRAVEHEART
DIE HARD
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
MEN IN BLACK
THE SCORE
HOLLOW MAN
LETHAL WEAPON: DIRECTORS CUT
LETHAL WEAPON 2 : DIRECTORS CUT
LETHAL WEAPON 3: DIRECTORS CUT
LETHAL WEAPON 4
RANSOM
THE FIRM
THE COUNT OF OF MONTE CRISTO
CRIMSON TIDE
PSYCHO
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
THE X FILES MOVIE
BLACK DOG
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
PHENOMENON
SIGNS
FAST CARS
RESERVOIR DOGS
THE UNTOUCHABLES
GOODFELLAS
THE DEVILS OWN
VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED
LEGIONNAIRE
BILLY MADISON
ARLINGTON ROAD
YOUNG GUNS
DAZED AND CONFUSED
KEVIN AND PERRY GO LARGE
ARACNAPHOBIA
FREDDY MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT
ARMAGEDDEN
THE LORD OF THE FLIES
A FEW GOOD MEN
THE FIFTH ELEMENT
OUTBREAK
DRAGON: THE BRUCE LEE STORY
THE SEIGE
BROKEN ARROW
THE FUGITIVE
THE GREAT ESCAPE
THE MUMMY RETURNS
MISSING IN ACTION
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST
THE ABYSS
ACDC: STIFF UPPER LIP LIVE
INSTINCT
HEARTBREAK RIDGE
xXx
TAXI DRIVER
HAMBURGER HILL
THE SAINT
RED DRAGON
SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO
ESCAPE FROM ABSOLOM
GUNS N' ROSES UNAUTHORISED
MISCHIEF 3000
THE WRAITH
FIREFOX
SUDDEN IMPACT
MAGNUM FORCE
DIRTY HARRY
8MM
THE BOURNE IDENTITY
IRON MAIDEN: VISIONS OF THE BEAST
TEMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY
G.I. JANE
MATT HOFFMAN: TESTIMONY
CUBE
RAPID FIRE
THE PATRIOT
 
Well heres mine. Got about 195. Mind the crapy picture im showing this cam sucks. :)
 

Attachments

  • movie4.jpg
    movie4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 106
nice cabinet there mate 👍

closes up does it?
 
Well, I may not have the setup you have, OmnicroN, but my parents just bought us a huge Sony Trinitron 36 inch HDTV and a nice new Sony DVD Player with Progressive Scan. I kind of wish we had an HD tuner but that's another $500 on top of the tv price. I have around 20 dvds also.
 
Originally posted by risingson77
That's not healthy.


...of course it is


with my collection, I don smoke, rarely dink so I have to have something to spend my money on;)

...might explain why I'm always broke...:lol:
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
nice cabinet there mate 👍

closes up does it?
It sure does. Real wood too. Only payed $120.00 for it.


Originally posted by Bollocks#999


...of course it is


with my collection, I don smoke, rarely dink so I have to have something to spend my money on

...might explain why I'm always broke...

Well i dont smoke but some of my movies are better when i drink. :lol: I guess you missed my bottles.
 

Attachments

  • have a drink.jpg
    have a drink.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 85
I stopped buying DVDs, about two years ago, ever since I heard that High-definition DVD Players will be hitting the market at the end of 2003.

Thank God I only have about 35 DVDs to replace to HD.:D
 
They won't really be changing it over this year, it will start as a trickle once HD DVD players are widely available. The first few years you'll only see a dozen movies in HD format and as HD DVD and TV's become the standard you'll see more (you'll never see a full conversion as that would outmode every existing DVD player killing consumer trust in the whole market.)
The market just won't be there for a new format/player after the DVD explosion of the last 2 years. Too many causal users just won't ante up $1000 for a new machine after plunking down 49.99 to get that Best Buy Daewoo special.
 
I have 3 DVD's of my own.
RPM
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Rings
Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (Very excellent rip. It is DVD quality. The only thing it lacks is a menu. You wouldn't know it was a rip burned onto a DVD-R unless you looked at the disk. Only bad thing though, is about every 15 minutes or so, some text pops up on the bottom of the screen that says "For Your Consideration")
 
Added "High Octane 4" to my collection yesterday
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Added "High Octane 4" to my collection yesterday

AHHHH! You mother****er!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Australians get it first, :grumpy: damn stupid Australians.









:grumpy: ;)
 
Better than sheep rootin Kiwis :lol:

you gotta see the end of the vid. with a Viper GTS/Ferrari 355 comparo
 
Updated... we just bought a cd shelf for our dvds and cds... We ran out of room on this thing and we're still using the old shelf. :lol:
172abigcabinetthing.jpg
 
Back