DVD's anyone? My little collection.

  • Thread starter Thread starter OmicroN
  • 45 comments
  • 2,596 views
i have about 30 dvds, im getting the james bond collection soon though so thats 20 more,
 
just hit the 200 mark for the DVD collection over 300 for CD's and 250 for video's

OmnicroN: :bowdown: :bowdown: man that setup is impressive!
 
Thanks. :D I just added the two towers DVD to my collection, I was going to buy house of 1000 corpses but that movie sucked, I rented it. I was ashamed.
I forgot to show you my computer speakers setup.
172stereow00t-med.jpg

I have a new 19" flat panel, so that monitor in the pic. is gone/dead/history. :lol:
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I stopped buying DVDs, about two years ago, ever since I heard that High-definition DVD Players will be hitting the market at the end of 2003.

Thank God I only have about 35 DVDs to replace to HD.:D

huh,.. I dont get it.

I thought all DVD was HD. I have an HD wide-screen (what good is it to be HD if DVD isnt HD?) and you can tell a huge difference between DVD and VHS........
 
dvd has progessive scan for better images, it doesn't have an HD decoder in it. At some point in the future they will have the decoders and the movies will be clear as hell. Since you have a HD widescreen too I just suggest getting a progressive scan dvd player.
have fun.
 
Just added "Romper Stomper" and "Once were Warriors" to my collevtion

Took my 2 bloody hours to watch the first film here (89mins) thanks to a dodgy AV lead cutting the sound out
Half an hour it took me to find the problem :banghead::banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I stopped buying DVDs, about two years ago, ever since I heard that High-definition DVD Players will be hitting the market at the end of 2003.

Thank God I only have about 35 DVDs to replace to HD.:D
What Tom said.....
Originally posted by Tom M
They won't really be changing it over this year, it will start as a trickle once HD DVD players are widely available. The first few years you'll only see a dozen movies in HD format and as HD DVD and TV's become the standard you'll see more (you'll never see a full conversion as that would outmode every existing DVD player killing consumer trust in the whole market.)
The market just won't be there for a new format/player after the DVD explosion of the last 2 years. Too many causal users just won't ante up $1000 for a new machine after plunking down 49.99 to get that Best Buy Daewoo special.

And to add to that..... found this article too....


8/22/03

In a special panel discussion yesterday afternoon at the DVD Entertainment 2003 conference in L.A. (entitled The Battle Over the Next Generation), a panel of industry representatives extolled the virtues of moving from current DVD to a high-definition disc based format. In particular, proponents of the various concepts vying for the HD crown (including Advanced Optical Disc, Blu-ray and Pixonics pHD) discussed the advantages of their own particular proposal of choice.

Here's the bad news: It's a little too early to tell for sure, and there are industry forces that are trying to prevent it, but there's a real chance we might be headed for an AOD/Blu-ray format war. That said, here's the good news: EVERYONE on the panel (including representatives of leading hardware manufacturers on both sides AOD/Blu-ray divide, and even one of the major Hollywood studios) expressed confidence that whichever format ultimately gains the high-definition advantage, backwards compatibility with existing DVD software is considered a given in order to make the transition easier for consumers. So if you've been concerned about HD-DVD or Blu-ray (or whatever comes next) making your existing DVD movie collection obsolete, you can now rest easy. The new disc players (whatever format they may be) should all be able to play current DVDs in addition to next-generation HD software.

Also of note is the fact that some in the industry believe that the transition to the next generation format needs to happen earlier, rather than later, in order to ensure that prepackaged media remains the option of choice for HD consumers, instead of Video On Demand (VOD). Fascinating stuff and you can be sure we'll be talking a lot more about these issues in the months ahead.

Stay tuned...
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa76.html#bluback

BTW up to 225 movies. So hey i dont mind to have 2 types of formats mixed in with my collection. As long as they all play on 1 player.
 
Originally posted by Nismo GT-R



The Animatrix

Beverly Hills Cop - Special Collectors Edition
Beverly Hills Cop II
Beverly Hills Cop III(2 discs)

54 DVDs, 81 Discs.

ooooh you have Beverly hills cops trilogy. I want that :(

and why the heck to do you the Animatrix?:odd: is that good??


I have a strange list myself.

I got

Superman
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IIII
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Blues Brothers
The Matrix
Nothing to Loose
Die Hard
Die Hard II
Die Hard III
Fled
Gone N 60Sec
RPM
The Fast N Furious
The Terminator
The Terminator II
The World Is Not Enough
Bad Boys
Enemy Of The State
Men In Black II
Runaway
Bait
Cannonball Run
Cannonball Run 2


Miracle on 34th St <--wifeys
Charles Angels <-- wifeys
Pretty woman <--wifeys

29 in my small collection. I think I have a few more, Just cant think of them.

I have tons of tapes though.
 
Originally posted by risingson77
The Animatrix is awesome, especially if you like The Matrix.

Yeah, I liked the Matrix and havent seen the Reload but If it's awesome I'll have to rent it.:)
 
Originally posted by MrSmith
ooooh you have Beverly hills cops trilogy. I want that :(

and why the heck to do you the Animatrix?:odd: is that good??


I have a strange list myself.

I got

Superman
Superman II
Superman III
Superman IIII
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns

The Blues Brothers
The Matrix
Nothing to Loose
Die Hard
Die Hard II
Die Hard III
Fled
Gone N 60Sec
RPM
The Fast N Furious
The Terminator
The Terminator II
The World Is Not Enough
Bad Boys
Enemy Of The State
Men In Black II
Runaway
Bait
Cannonball Run
Cannonball Run 2


Miracle on 34th St <--wifeys
Charles Angels <-- wifeys
Pretty woman <--wifeys

29 in my small collection. I think I have a few more, Just cant think of them.

I have tons of tapes though.

You have the Mummy and the Mummy Returns but no scorpion king..... shame on you...:p
 
Originally posted by NocturnalPS
You have the Mummy and the Mummy Returns but no scorpion king..... shame on you...:p

haha

I havent even seen it yet.

What I do want is the Star Wars Trilogy {DVD's}
from what I understand, Star wars is suppose to come out with something before they put them on DVD.


Im talking about Star Wars, The empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi
 
I want all 6 of 'em if they ever come out as a pack on DVD, thats why Im waiting for LOTR to come out, the sooner its at the cinema, the sooner it will come out in a trilogy pack

just looking at your list Mr.Smith, dont tell me you watched and kept RPM? gotta be one of the worst car movies ever, right up there with Stallones CART attempt, pitiful
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Just added "Romper Stomper" and "Once were Warriors" to my collevtion

Cook the man some ****ing eggs!

:lol:

I added LOTR: TTT to my collection on Friday. Hoping to get High Octane 4 as it is pay day tomorrow. :D.
 
Hmm. Don't know how many we've got. Probably nearing the 100 mark.

We're in the process of watching 24: Season II at the moment.
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999


just looking at your list Mr.Smith, dont tell me you watched and kept RPM? gotta be one of the worst car movies ever, right up there with Stallones CART attempt, pitiful

I got it out of the big wal*mart cart at 5.99, I wanted to see it. Dont like it, but I'll keep it for the collection. The kids for some odd reason like it. I think as you do, It's the stupidest movie ever made.
 
Back