E-bay seller is LOL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 56 comments
  • 9,830 views

Type S Tony

∞ Beyond your mum.
Premium
Messages
698
Messages
V-TECHmachine
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gran-Turismo...962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33644ce0ba

Couldnt help but laugh at the fact that his selling a J-peg with a guide on how to get the Toyota Minolta!

I'm selling a JPEG Picture of this awesome GT5 Race Car along with a guide I wrote and how to obtain this car in the game.

Toyota Minolta 88C-V '89 Race Car for Gran Turismo 5.

Along with the JPEG picture & Guide, I'll also gift you a free car after your Payment has been made. Please add your PSN ID to your Paypal message.

Keep in mind, this is not a real car!

Paypal only please.
 
eBay is ridiculous. I remember on the first month of the game, if I'm not mistaken, a real LOL seller selling a S. Vettel X1 for 200 dollars! AND THERE WERE 11 BIDS!!!

Someone should just post in there "Is your guide something along the lines of buying a ZR1 Vette, race modify it, adding all mods to it including Soft Slicks, turning ASM on, Skid recovery force on, following closely and conservatively a driving line, and beating all cars just on the straight lines while losing time in the corners? Really? Thought so. Now I've saved everyone 10 bucks :D". That's right, GTPlanet bringing you free and excellent game guides since the dawn of A-Spec.

When this happens, you know two things. You have a truly amazing friend who gifted you a car people used to die for, and people have gone completely mental.
 
eBay is ridiculous. I remember on the first month of the game, if I'm not mistaken, a real LOL seller selling a S. Vettel X1 for 200 dollars! AND THERE WERE 11 BIDS!!!

When this happens, you know two things. You have a truly amazing friend who gifted you a car people used to die for, and people have gone completely mental.

And I thought I was extortionate for selling Stealth codes for about £12.50, some complete nut bought a McLaren F1 code from me for £17.99 on eBay.
 
LOL..another LOL for those who bids. Bids for unused codes is okay but bids for guide..LOL again.
 
He also has a Citroen GT Race Car up.

What gets me is that 386 people have given him 100% feedback. What are the instructions going to include? "Win event X to get this car" ?


EDIT: I asked the seller a question :)
 
He also has a Citroen GT Race Car up.

What gets me is that 386 people have given him 100% feedback. What are the instructions going to include? "Win event X to get this car" ?

Well, I've seen people pay about £10 for a R89C on eBay, even though they are one of the easiest cars to birthday exploit besides the '67 cars.
 
check his feedback. He is selling gt5 cars like crazy for as much as $29.99
 
check his feedback. He is selling gt5 cars like crazy for as much as $29.99

If people found out that in this forums we ocasionally see gifted X1's, 20,000,000 cars going for premium roadcars, unlimited supplies of any car... :crazy:
 
USD 8.99 for Corvette ZR1 C6 RM '09 & people bought it?
 
I like how he is actually making money from duplicating his orange Red Bull X-1 and selling it as "DLC" on ebay. It is stupid as ****, but if people are stupid enough to buy it then he is a genous, making money out of nothing.
 
Honestly feel like vomiting, Shouldnt PD or Sony be able to intervene & stop this??
 
Honestly feel like vomiting, Shouldnt PD or Sony be able to intervene & stop this??
Yes. It is illegal to sale video game goods like this for your own profit. EBay will remove all accounts doing so.
http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-and-Selling-Virtual-Items-on-eBay_W0QQugidZ10000000004609906
VIRTUAL ITEMS ON EBAY

In January, 2007, eBay began removing all virtual item listings. The sale of such items is prohibited and anyone violating this policy can find their account limited or suspended.

Why is the sale of virtual items prohibited? The short answer is because it violates eBay’s intellectual property rules, while the longer answer involves the currently complicated legal status of virtual items. Generally with items like this, Ebay’s policy is that anyone selling an item must be the owner of the underlying intellectual property. Since it is somewhat unclear who exactly owns a virtual item like a World of Warcraft weapon or gold, eBay decided that it would no longer allow the sale of any of them.

What this means for eBayers is that you can’t sell all that stuff you got in the game. If you do, your eBay account can be restricted or suspended.

You will sometimes see a listing that advertises an item that 'just happens' to offer a free game item or character with it. These listings are not allowed either. For example, offering to sell a joke that also includes a free Runescape character with it is against eBay policy. These listings are attempting to sell otherwise prohibited items by including them with non-prohibited ones. Ebay can remove listings that contain prohibited content, even if that content is offered as a free gift.
 
Wow Ive been doing it wrong. I've been giving people cars.:crazy:
 
Correct.
This is why he is selling a JPEG & "guide", but including the car as a "bonus". It's just the sellers why of bending the rules a bit to sell the car.
Can't do that, either. Read the last paragraph I quoted.
 
I seriously missed the chance to make some profit, never knew the X1 could worth that much! I had two before the duping malarkey happens and if I sold them I'd bought myself a fanatec GT2!
 
Reported every single instance. :lol:
 
Whats the chance its a GTPlanet member? I'd say 50/50
 
So why does GTP have links to Stealth Car DLCs on the top of every page?
Because it's likely that someone was talking about them in whatever thread you're seeing them. That doesn't mean they are legal or that GTPlanet endorses them.
Is DLC (via codes) any different to already acquried DLC/Cars and gifting them?
From what I've seen, selling DLC codes falls under the same rules with EBay.
 
Correct.
This is why he is selling a JPEG & "guide", but including the car as a "bonus". It's just the sellers why of bending the rules a bit to sell the car.

It's WAY, not WHY.
 
Isn't a DLC code a physical code though? They're not selling a virtual item they are selling a physical item that equates to a virtual item.
 
kids with mommy and daddy's credit card.
 
Back