E-bay seller is LOL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 56 comments
  • 9,830 views
Can't do that, either. Read the last paragraph I quoted.

:dunce: That's what I get for not reading. Either way, I can say w/ about 99% certainty that the seller thinks he/she has found a loop-hole.
 
:dunce: That's what I get for not reading. Either way, I can say w/ about 99% certainty that the seller thinks he/she has found a loop-hole.
I'd be more willing to bet he's just another person who didn't read EBay's rules.
 
Correct.
This is why he is selling a JPEG & "guide", but including the car as a "bonus". It's just the sellers why of bending the rules a bit to sell the car.

Read the auction carefully, he'll gift you A car. Not THE car.
 
Wow Ive been doing it wrong. I've been giving people cars.:crazy:

You fool!

You could have been a millionaire by now.:sly:
 
So if selling cars Like X1 2010 is illegal on Ebay, what is if someone sells, well offering to do 3xGold in Vettel challenge? Like this guy. 3XGold-in-Vettel-Challenge-Ps3
 
Oh god. Not that idiot. :lol:

Sorry for bumping this topic but I remember seeing this the other day. A friend of mine just said he'd found a guy offering this service and was gonna use it (and no its not me, I'm not as far on as level 30 for starters, feel free to add me on PSN and check my GT5 profile if you like). I advised him against it as I really cant see how giving your PSN login details out is a good idea but he seems determined.

Anyway after mentioning it I remembered this topic and was wondering after you saying 'not that idiot' if the guy is trustworthy. I'm not sure if its the same guy who's offering to do this for my mate but on the offchance it is just wondered if any of you on here had any experience with this guy?
 
Well,if there are people stupid enough to buy these things,im all with the seller.Perfect job.
 
Well,if there are people stupid enough to buy these things,im all with the seller.Perfect job.

oh, there are... there are...
i was selling up until earlier this week when ebay started cracking down. i wont say how much i made, but i was moving about 70 dollars worth a day.
 
What this (and other ebay auctions) tell me is that PD is missing out on lots of revenue from DLC cars. They should put out a $20, $40 and $60 pack and make as much as they made on the 6 year game on a few cars.

Honestly they could probably just re-skin some existing cars for $10.
 
Sorry for bumping this topic but I remember seeing this the other day. A friend of mine just said he'd found a guy offering this service and was gonna use it (and no its not me, I'm not as far on as level 30 for starters, feel free to add me on PSN and check my GT5 profile if you like). I advised him against it as I really cant see how giving your PSN login details out is a good idea but he seems determined.

Anyway after mentioning it I remembered this topic and was wondering after you saying 'not that idiot' if the guy is trustworthy. I'm not sure if its the same guy who's offering to do this for my mate but on the offchance it is just wondered if any of you on here had any experience with this guy?

He used to be a member here, and was banned several times for assorted reasons. He has something of a superiority complex but doesn't really know how to insult or spell for that matter; check the banned log for 'darkos' and every other name he was banned under.

As for him being trustworthy, I would say "Hell no." but that's a biased opinion.
 
Ok, So over the last week there has been a massive increase in gt5 car listings on E-bay, What this means for me is that I have alot of friends who have other friends who have other friends that keep duping/glitching there games to get any car they want, which translates to me having any car I want sent to me whenever I ask.

This has sort of ruined the game for me but I find it hard to not blame the developer for putting a stop to this glitching/duping, & also for making the game ridicoulous in the respect of grinding for XP & cash, having no save game for endurance races, car being extremely overpirced in both the dealership's & UCD, just things like that can put me off big time (work full time)

I will admitt now that i have all the cars i want and am level 30 with the ability to play any event bar a few endurance races i find ive lost alot of interest in the game and the only way i would buy DLC is if it was for completely new cars that werent in the game to begin with.
 
He used to be a member here, and was banned several times for assorted reasons. He has something of a superiority complex but doesn't really know how to insult or spell for that matter; check the banned log for 'darkos' and every other name he was banned under.

As for him being trustworthy, I would say "Hell no." but that's a biased opinion.



where is the banned log?
 
So, my source of expendable internet income has been stopped due to a snitch. Who dun it
emot-arghfist.gif
 

Some of those explanations are the funniest thing I've read in a long time!
If there where sarcasm olympics you guys would have all gold medals, kudos:tup:

Edit: I know it's a bit off topic, but I got to ask: why would somone request to be banned? Is it to fight some sort of GT Planet addiction? And if so is it wise to let them go cold turkey?
 
Last edited:
Because it's likely that someone was talking about them in whatever thread you're seeing them. That doesn't mean they are legal or that GTPlanet endorses them.

From what I've seen, selling DLC codes falls under the same rules with EBay.


DLC codes are physical items which the IP in their contents are not at all affected when the codes are transferred from one person to another.

Just to quote the site you've posted,

GAME CODES : Some games (like EVE Online), require players to buy time-codes in order to play. Players can buy time-codes for specific time periods (30, 60, 90 days or longer) and use them when they desire, kind of like a gift-card. These listings are commonly found on eBay and don't appear to be included in the virtual item restrictions.
 
i actually bought a red bull s.vettel off ebay £5
 
i actually bought a red bull s.vettel off ebay £5

:lol: If you asked in the marketplace you probably could have got one for free thanks to the duplicating.
 
i actually bought a red bull s.vettel off ebay £5

Really? 👎

That's just stupid. With some patience you could have reached it yourself, or trade it for free, like ^^^^ he said.👎
 
Really? 👎

That's just stupid. With some patience you could have reached it yourself, or trade it for free, like ^^^^ he said.👎

in my defence it was before i found GTP also level 35 was a long way off, there now though, its done nearly 20k miles and im gonna retire it by giving it away on marketplace soon, it was great fun though
 
in my defence it was before i found GTP also level 35 was a long way off, there now though, its done nearly 20k miles and im gonna retire it by giving it away on marketplace soon, it was great fun though

Somewhere there must be logic in this, but paying for something that's free for grabs, even if lvl 35 was a long way off, it's just wrong.
 
What is the point of actually buying a virtual car with real money its just pointless and desperate.
 
It's rather easy to lose things like a sense of morality, common sense, a brain, etc. online whether you're a buyer or a seller unfortunately. I'm astounded that there are idiots out there buying virtual cars for real money, which in turn makes other idiots look like geniuses for selling the bloody things! Really, what are you supposed to say to this?:confused:

I'm just glad I know better! A sucker born every minute, and two to take him! I DO find this highly bemusing to hear about, mind you!:sly:
 
Back