E3 2014 - Discussion Thread "The Future Revealed"

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 682 comments
Any news on how the Far Cry 4 "Invite your PSN friends who don't own the game" thing works yet?

I was wondering that, I can't think how it would work technically. Would all the data for the game be in the cloud and they have it streamed? Otherwise surely they'd need to download it.

November is going to be a busy month with The Master Chief Collection, The Crew, AND Far Cry 4. I kinda hope something gets bumped. :dunce:

Currently looking for X1 deals. Trying to figure out if I do or do not want Kinect. I will probably buy the X1 without the Kinect. My brother said I could buy his Kinect for cheap. I am heavily leaning that way.

Oh The Crew, I almost forgot about that. I'm kinda hyped for that game. Has that little something that Forza or DC somehow, I feel, they lack.

And when I get my PS4 second or third thing is getting PSTV. That is a nice feature as well. I am super excited for this gen of gaming

I know, its just after i compared the two games, it felt like a beta, because you know how jaggy the last gen is. The next gen just looks like a more complete game. And that beta tester thing was a joke

Right, so jaggies = beta now? No. Call it whatever you like, weaker version, slower version, last-gen version, but Beta is not the right word, I assure you.

I was wondering that, I can't think how it would work technically. Would all the data for the game be in the cloud and they have it streamed? Otherwise surely they'd need to download it.

I imagine there will be a free version with severely limited features that you can download. The main menu will probably consist of an options menu, a "join friends" button and a huge freakin' "purchase full game" advert/link. Still, I do appreciate being able to get an extended demo like this. Hopefully it catches on.

Right, so jaggies = beta now? No. Call it whatever you like, weaker version, slower version, last-gen version, but Beta is not the right word, I assure you.
Well now that you mention it, weaker version sounds more fitting than beta.

VXR
Maybe the one that offers an open world, user-generated content, four times the cars and a proven engine beneath it has something else other than just it's looks?
Or maybe the one that offers more variety in scenarios rather than driving in the same themed environment?

Or maybe the one that offers more variety in scenarios rather than driving in the same themed environment?
:lol:

Did you even play the original Horizon?

If you're implying that DC will be a more varied experience than FH2, then prepare to be disappointed...

:lol:

Did you even play the original Horizon?

If you're implying that DC will be a more varied experience than FH2, then prepare to be disappointed...
Yes I did played the original Horizon, I just kinda hate that kind of smug, rhetorical question.

Having played the first Horizon everything got very repetitive once you got to the R3 class races, same canyon runs, same highway races, if you drove through a forest road you pretty much saw everything.

Not to say it wasn't varied, but the sense of Deja Vu started to phone in by the time you reach the last races.

Yes I did played the original Horizon, I just kinda hate that kind of smug, rhetorical question.
Having played the first Horizon everything got very repetitive once you got to the R3 class races, same canyon runs, same highway races, if you drove through a forest road you pretty much saw everything.
Not to say it wasn't varied, but the sense of Deja Vu started to phone in by the time you reach the last races.
The major problem was the tiny map and no free roam. All roads were unlocked in 3 hours. So yeah it was easy to experience deja vu because physically you re-explore the same road over and over again with no freedom to explore.

Horizon 2 going fully open-world along with even more content rewards for exploration should fix that.

More = more
This 100%. Plus now there will be dynamic weather which will also help give the game a fresh and immersive feeling that the first Horizon lacked.

Should doesn't mean 'will' unfortunately, I can't wait to see the arcade racer battle unfold...feels like the 90s again. :D

Should doesn't mean 'will' unfortunately, I can't wait to see the arcade racer battle unfold...feels like the 90s again. :D
For me it WILL fix the problem. My top 3 complaints of Horizon 2 have been addressed.
1. Tiny map
2. No free roam
3. No weather
Having a tiny map AND no free roam makes a tiny map even smaller. All of those issues have been resolved in Horizon 2 putting this game another step closer to TDU2. On top of that we are now able to get out of our vehicles, open doors, along with other features. All steps closer to TDU2. :D

It's interesting to see if the handling will be any different, I quite like the original Horizon's engine. I know it is using Forza 5's as a base? I think.

VXR
Maybe the one that offers an open world, user-generated content, four times the cars and a proven engine beneath it has something else other than just it's looks?
Opinion. Depends on why you play your games, really. I play for immersion, and the realism of Driveclub delivers just that. Forza Horizon looks pretty and it has more variety in gameplay, but the visuals just aren't realistic at all compared to Driveclub.

Really, it all comes down to what you want outta your game. And now the choices are either, 'varied gameplay with pretty graphics' or 'kinda/sorta limited gameplay* with realistic graphics'.

*Based on what we've seen so far. There's only so much with point to point racing and friend challenges.

Beta seems closer than "full online experience" if you ask me.

When you said "last-gen version" Beta/Demo is the best way to describe this feature.
I'm guessing that the online will not save your progress and you will be limited in terms of content.

Last edited:
Beta seems closer than "full online experience" if you ask me.

When you said "last-gen version"...Double face palm, Beta/Demo is the best way to describe this feature.
I'm guessing that the online will not save your progress and you will be limited in terms of content.

Erm, what? You know we're talking about GTA V?

Erm, what? You know we're talking about GTA V?
Oh, i thought you were talking about Far Cry 4's friend function.

Well then you're right, a version with worse graphics is not a beta by any means.

We didn't see any gameplay footage from GTA V PS4(Don't mention the cutscenes from E3). For all we know it may look the same as the last gen version, no point in guessing what they will upgrade until they officially confirm it.

s456bb.png

No Man's Sky Infinite Worlds

Bloodborne

The Division

The Order 1886 gameplay & dev commentary

Last edited:
Zombie killing in the dark ages? might not be horrible.

It seems that a lot of people aren't aware that this is the new game from Hidetaka Miyazaki. You know, the guy who created Demon's souls and the first dark souls. I may be biased (I am a huge souls fan), but this won the show for Sony IMHO. Grim Fandango and no man's sky certainly helped, but if the show was literally just an announcement of bloodborne, it still would have been enough for me.

Bloodborne and LittleBigPlanet 3 won the E3 for me.

Uncharted 4 was awesome but it was predictable since we all knew it was happening at the end.
They could show some gameplay, just a few seconds of the gameplay.

Bloodborne and LittleBigPlanet 3 won the E3 for me.

Uncharted 4 was awesome but it was predictable since we all knew it was happening at the end.
They could show some gameplay, just a few seconds of the gameplay.

Probably ND is saving it up for Gamescom, in 2 months time? Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Extended trailer??

Probably ND is saving it up for Gamescom, in 2 months time? Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Extended trailer??
Let's hope so!

ND said that the trailer used in-game graphics, does anyone actually believe that?

looks better than any current PC game at max settings.

I sure hope Crackdown for the X1 comes out NEXT year. That will be a day 1 purchase for me but dang there are already way too many great games coming out the 4th quarter. Hopefully Crackdown is bumped to early or mid 2015.

I sure hope Crackdown for the X1 comes out NEXT year. That will be a day 1 purchase for me but dang there are already way too many great games coming out the 4th quarter. Hopefully Crackdown is bumped to early or mid 2015.

Didn't you once say that developers show gameplay footage six months before release, and yet here you are pondering the possibility of crackdown releasing this year after seeing nothing more than a cg trailer?

Anyway, glad you're excited for crackdown, but be prepared to wait for it. The rumored release date is "sometime in 2016". Sure, rumors quite often turn out to be false, but considering the guy who posted said rumor also posted many other rumors that turned out to be correct, long before e3 I might add,(such as the halo mc collection and forza horizon 2) I'd say that chances of this being accurate are fairly high.

Back