E3 2014 - Discussion Thread "The Future Revealed"

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 682 comments
Kingdom Under Fire II

Sidenote: The Batman Arkham Knight E3 trailer was running off a PC. It could turn out to be like Watch_Dogs (fun & entertaining, just might not look as good upon release, but we'll see.)

Last edited:
Exactly, did you play the 3 other Uncharted games? The cut scenes were always better looking than the gameplay.(slightly)
I haven't played any of the Uncharted games. Hopefully they stick to real-time only for PS4, might lower space it takes on disc or online.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games. Hopefully they stick to real-time only for PS4, might lower space it takes on disc or online.
The games themselves are seamless, there looks to be no change in cutscenes from gameplay aside from some smoothing and enhanced range, but ND are no strange to E3 bull-trailers.

http://www.lazygamer.net/ps3/uncharted-3-looked-way-better-at-e3/

r26fz4_thumb.jpg

"In-engine" is the keyword there. Most trailers are 'In Engine', it doesn't mean it's gameplay quality.

I'm certain it is. ;)

Check this interview with the makers of Uncharted & The Last of Us.

It seems that a lot of people aren't aware that this is the new game from Hidetaka Miyazaki. You know, the guy who created Demon's souls and the first dark souls. I may be biased (I am a huge souls fan), but this won the show for Sony IMHO. Grim Fandango and no man's sky certainly helped, but if the show was literally just an announcement of bloodborne, it still would have been enough for me.

What do you think of Lords of Fallen and Deep Down?

She also tweeted this:

The cut scenes in Uncharted games always look waaay better. Very disappointing trailer. I was expecting to see more and was left underwhelm But it will be one of the best looking if not the best looking game on console. ND are really good in gfx, art.

The order 1886 is the real deal though. Cut scene, gameplay, the atmosphere in that games looks simply unbelievable. What you see is what you get :cheers:

The thing I've been reading with 1886 though, is that it appears it will play out more like a movie than a game, similar to Beyond Two Souls. If that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me if everything looks the same because there aren't really any cut scenes.

The cut scenes in Uncharted games always look waaay better. Very disappointing trailer. I was expecting to see more and was left underwhelm But it will be one of the best looking if not the best looking game on console. ND are really good in gfx, art.

Expect more from NaughtyDog at Gamescom, in 2 months time. ;)

The thing I've been reading with 1886 though, is that it appears it will play out more like a movie than a game, similar to Beyond Two Souls. If that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me if everything looks the same because there aren't really any cut scenes.

That's my worry as well, too many scenes where you just watch and press the occasional button.

Anyone else really excited to see more of No Man's Sky? Even if it turns out that the game has no main objectives if the environments are diverse enough I won't be able to put my pad down. It's a brilliant technical achievement and to think just 4 people are responsible for it...

Last edited:
Anyone else really excited to see more of No Man's Sky? Even if it turns out that the game has no main objectives if the environments are diverse enough I won't be able to put my pad down. It's a brilliant technical achievement and to think just 4 people are responsible for it...
Can you link me/us? It kind of sounds like Minecraft :P

No surprises in those pie-charts. Something else, the highest given viewing statistics from Youtube during Post-conference footage for Sony was 13,004 viewers, Nintendo's was 56,045 viewers with an average viewer count of 20,000.

Not like any of this matters, Nintendo need to try and build on a very confident E3 and try and bring some success where it matters.

What do you think of Lords of Fallen and Deep Down?

I'm keeping an eye on lords of the fallen. It's slated for release late this year, so it comes at a good time. I'm not really interested in much of this winter's lineup. I'll wait until someone in the souls community gives it a fair chance and posts honest opinions. I'm all for more souls type games, but I won't bother if it's a bland, watered down clone.

As for deep down, it's f2p, so I am extremely skeptical. Not too keen on the random generated dungeons either. I'll give it a download though as I've nothing to lose by trying it.

Decided to pick up a Wii u later this year. Holding off until after tgs incase there's an imminent price drop or a good bundle.

No surprises in those pie-charts. Something else, the highest given viewing statistics from Youtube during Post-conference footage for Sony was 13,004 viewers, Nintendo's was 56,045 viewers with an average viewer count of 20,000.

Not like any of this matters, Nintendo need to try and build on a very confident E3 and try and bring some success where it matters.

Hmm really ? I am surprised to know that. Because PS4 first trailer was the 3rd most watched video in youtube that month. This video had reached to some 20million in no time:

At E3 though Sony conference was really bad. Interesting they have show most number of games. Nintendo has very few games. They probably did a better job but I am not sure it is enough.

@gtracedriver1 All the games shown by Nintendo were accompanied by actual gameplay and on top of that all 12 games shown off at the conference(tons more announced in treehouse, games not needed to pad out the direct). It's easy to say Nintendo didn't show enough games, but checking the E3 page will show that a lot more went on behind the scenes. Nintendo kept their 'conference' to games that show great potential to be brilliance on Wii U and didn't bother with 'good' games that shouldn't really be flaunted. Same goes for multi-platform titles.

VXR
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KHJLXO6/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I just saw this on Amazon and thought it was a joke. What are they doing to golf?!

They just realized that they suddenly have a rival with The Golf Club, so they are rushing a product to market without thorough testing. EA's typical MO. Shame, especially considering that I enjoyed the franchise for years.

One caveat though, EA, in the past, did include fantasy courses in previous golf games, and while it may have worked in the PS2 era, it sure as heck doesn't work now.

Back