E3 2015 - Official Discussion Thread "Experience The Evolution"

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 300 comments
Ah, remember the old days where stupid kids would argue and say "PC gaming is dead"? That was funny.

Edit: I smell some PCAR love on the horizon. Wonder if AC will be here in any form as well.

Last edited:

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X & Radeon 3xx series specs.
amd1.jpg

Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Killer Instinct headed to PC.

I'm gonna guess not as many people seem interested in the PC show. Would've thought so considering the vast amount of people here that are into PC gaming.

I'm gonna guess not as many people seem interested in the PC show. Would've thought so considering the vast amount of people here that are into PC gaming.

Or it's just painfully awkward and nothing seems to flow accordingly at all, and we'd rather not talk about it at all. :lol:

Or it's just painfully awkward and nothing seems to flow accordingly at all, and we'd rather not talk about it at all. :lol:

Well its their first E3 show, kinda not really expecting the sort of polish the other shows have.

That said of course, it is rather...odd.

Well its their first E3 show, kinda not really expecting the sort of polish the other shows have.

Well, it's their first time doing this sort of thing.

I'm on because of the new ArmA III terrain, other than that is what a PlayStation conference might have looked like in the late 90's.

I say its odd because its so vastly different and only now I've figured out what it is:

This is done less like the multi-presenter taking turns and more like a Talk show format where "Guests" come out. I'm guessing this is what they did at past E3s before the 2000s? I only started watching about 2003-2004 so I'm not familiar with how they did before.

You haven't seen many PC-focused pressers like this, have you?

Despite this being new, it's nothing new. They're always so damn awkward for reasons I can't pinpoint. The presentation format? The presenters/personalities?

I couldn't tell you. :lol:

I say its odd because its so vastly different and only now I've figured out what it is:

This is done less like the multi-presenter taking turns and more like a Talk show format where "Guests" come out. I'm guessing this is what they did at past E3s before the 2000s? I only started watching about 2003-2004 so I'm not familiar with how they did before.
Got curious and went ahead to see what a 90's E3 PlayStation presentation looked liked ...

Which turned out to me more of a business meeting presentation.

This PC thing is more like watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, feels awfully like it.

You haven't seen many PC-focused pressers like this, have you?

Nope :lol:

Despite this being new, it's nothing new. They're always so damn awkward for reasons I can't pinpoint. The presentation format? The presenters/personalities?

I couldn't tell you. :lol:

So, this is a regular thing at these kinds of events?

Nope :lol:

So, this is a regular thing at these kinds of events?

Pretty much, yeah. It's not horrible by any means, but compared to everything else it lacks the polish and perhaps that's actually the intention - to have something detached and laid-back because it's almost entirely a niche presentation.

Two Wipeout clones? I think the WiiU one though definitely looks interesting.

Dirty Bomb is so Brink and TF2 but I suppose the former shouldn't be a surprise as it's the same developer. Sorry though, but I preferred Brink.

I have to say, that Mad Max video bored me to tears. I was really hoping it would be good but it just looks like a dull, repetitive, tedious slog. Now, if they announce Dark Souls-style PvP invasions I might be more interested, but as it is it just looks like... I don't know, Fuel meets some lacklustre vehicular combat. The cars are boring, too - no war rigs, no tracked muscle cars, no monster trucks that are two cars stacked together... Just old-looking cars with wide-set wheels and exhaust pipes that'd make the average kaido racer shrug. Boring!

Then again, between MGS V and Just Cause 3 I don't think I need another open world game with vehicles in it so I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway (unless it had been really good, I guess).

I have to say, that Mad Max video bored me to tears. I was really hoping it would be good but it just looks like a dull, repetitive, tedious slog. Now, if they announce Dark Souls-style PvP invasions I might be more interested, but as it is it just looks like... I don't know, Fuel meets some lacklustre vehicular combat. The cars are boring, too - no war rigs, no tracked muscle cars, no monster trucks that are two cars stacked together... Just old-looking cars with wide-set wheels and exhaust pipes that'd make the average kaido racer shrug. Boring!

Then again, between MGS V and Just Cause 3 I don't think I need another open world game with vehicles in it so I probably wasn't going to buy it anyway (unless it had been really good, I guess).

Errr... I guess you haven't seen the trailers ? The main villain, Scrotus, used a huge war rig/muscle car/tractor/godknowswhatelse

Errr... I guess you haven't seen the trailers ? The main villain, Scrotus, used a huge war rig/muscle car/tractor/godknowswhatelse

Yeah, but trailers aren't gameplay, if that gameplay video is representative of the bulk of the game then it looks like a boring game. I don't doubt there will be some interesting boss vehicles, though.

That Mad Max just looks like your typical WB published third person action game. Boooooooring.

Third-Person Action is the new FPS.

Back