E3 PSN download not working?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rhino_WJB
  • 9 comments
  • 1,708 views

Rhino_WJB

Premium
Messages
114
United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
Messages
Rhino_WJB
Anyone else managed to get the PSN E3 video? All I seem to get is a *.png for ModRacer :dunce:
 
I have, in 1080P. I'll upload it here later.
 
Great, look forward to that :-)

PSN is just wrong! It's listed as "Grant Turismo" and the download link is to a thumbnail. Doh!
 
Upload failure, sorry. Any idea for a better download host? (mediafire doesn't like big files apparently)
 
The PSN content now appears to be hosted by Akamai. They are a content provider with servers all over the world. They are used by Microsoft to deliver Windows Updates for example.

Previously when you had a US account, and downloaded something it would come from the server in the US.

Now they use a technology called DNS to direct you to a local server where the content is hosted, meaning it only gets transmitted from the US to Australia (for example) once, and everyone in Australia gets it quicker and more reliablly locally.

Unfortuantely if the content is not yet mirrored locally, (not yet on the Australian Store) it seems you cant download it using the American Store.

I used the Proxy setting in the PS3 Network Settings to use an American Proxy.

This means my PS3 asks an American server to get the file on it's behalf. The American Server then talks to the American Akamai Server which has the content, so I was able to download it.

I hope this makes sense...

Long story short, some content may not be available any more, even if you have accounts in different countries... the work around is to use a proxy in that country.
 
Is the GT5 E3 2010 trailer in the PSN store yet?
 
^It is, and by the way, I was able to download it in the American PSN store, with no problems. Now, it no longer works.

Here it is from MegaUpload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NON2FEY3
I'm confused by this. It uploaded in literally three seconds. 1%, EST 4:13, 2%, EST 4:12, 100%. Erm... ok. But it uploaded succesfully (magically) and is exactly what I got from PSN. Be aware that this isn't 1080P. All of the pixels are there, but it is poorly upscaled 720P, if that. Sadly though, this is the official file - this is as good as it gets. But it's good enough for me :dopey:

Reminds me of the standard vs. premium debates around here. Pfft.
 
same problem here with bad png download from European PSN.
I have just downloaded from the US PSN. It works fine.
 
same problem here with bad png download from European PSN.
I have just downloaded from the US PSN. It works fine.
Yep, .png thumbnail downloaded here too. I just called and they are aware of the issue and are working on it.
 
Back