E3 Rumour gt6 coming to ps4 1080p 60fps

• Thread starter BLACK86
  • 334 comments
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...guerrilla-games-media-molecule-and-much-more/

The info reported below is awfully detailed, which is one of the reasons why we decided to publish it, but we were also able to confirm part of it with a second source. The double-sourced information is bolded, so while you should take everything with the customary grain of salt, the bolded parts stand on more solid ground than the rest.

2014-05-0719_55_41-ru11og2.png

Last edited:
Could not add this to original post as posting from my tab, I think I would buy if true but only if they offered it like they offered games that were on both platforms at ps4 launch, where you pay £10 and have ps3 gt6 dice in the ps4 drive, otherwise would wait for gt7

No chance of WipEout coming back. Not in any way, shape or form. Hurts me dearly to say that as someone who plugged 450+ hours into Fury but not a hope in hell.

The OP conveniently left this out as well:
The info reported below is awfully detailed, which is one of the reasons why we decided to publish it, but we were also able to confirm part of it with a second source. The double-sourced information is bolded, so while you should take everything with the customary grain of salt, the bolded parts stand on more solid ground than the rest.

Since it's not bolded, the GT rumour is a single source rumour, you know, the kind you hear at the water cooler, at lunch with a colleague.

If they re-release GT6 on PS4 as GT7:P with all the promised features and don't add any of them to the PS3 version I'm gonna blow up Sony's phone lines until I get my money back and I can guarantee you I will never buy another GT game again.

Absolute garbage

If they re-release GT6 on PS4 as GT7:P with all the promised features and don't add any of them to the PS3 version I'm gonna blow up Sony's phone lines until I get my money back and I can guarantee you I will never buy another GT game again.

Absolute garbage
Hard to imagine them doing something like that but it would also really put me off any future iterations of the game.

This is either a deliberate leek or a random guess, I mean we all know a new GT will come running 1080P 60FPS nothing really "In the know" about it.

Looking forward to Uncharted and MM's efforts.

Hard to imagine them doing something like that but it would also really put me off any future iterations of the game.

It was also hard to imagine GT6 being as bad as it is a year ago when we were all being teased with details before release. At this point I wouldn't be surprised,

I've already pretty much stopped playing GT6 and moved back to PC sims even though my laptop can barely handle them with the graphics turned down.

I'll buy it, cause I'm a softie (sucker) and I'd just be dying to know of what exactly is changed/added/fixed and see how performance would be on the PS4. Mid-late (LATE) 2015 is a ways off and that would coinside with Kaz's earlier comment about a 2 year dev cycle for GT7, albeit a Prologue. But I read it as a much more immerse Prologue than GT4P and GT5P.

Jerome

Last edited:
The OP conveniently left this out as well:

Lol prove to me I left that out on purpose, if you can't then don't try to make me look bad. You are totally wrong, I actually had that in my original preview but had to delete the preview as I could not enter any text from my tab, it was all very fiddly, when I re input the PIC I totally forgot about that part.

Lol prove to me I left that out on purpose, if you can't then don't try to make me look bad. You are totally wrong, I actually had that in my original preview but had to delete the preview as I could not enter any text from my tab, it was all very fiddly, when I re input the PIC I totally forgot about that part.
No problem mate, it just puts a whole different spin on things. Might be something to update when you get to a pc. 👍

Uncharted is as of now one of two games I am looking forward to on PS4.

Why reuse Standard cars on the PS4 when you can reuse an entire game?

I sincerely hope this isn't true. It's a new console and should be considered a fresh start. That fresh start is called GT7.
If they fix the bugs and issues, then why can't it be like gt6?
But I totally agree with you on the standards. They must all go.

Last edited:
If they fix the bugs and issues, then why can't it be like gt6?

Because the A-Spec part is a rather terrible game. Even with all bugs fixed you still have randomly thrown together races in arcadey 5-laps style with rubber banding AI. The online functions as they are now are also very basic and seem outdated. The whole game doesn't feel like a game from 2014. Porting it like it is on a next gen console won't improve the game. Graphics and performance yes, gameplay not really.

Because the A-Spec part is a rather terrible game. Even with all bugs fixed you still have randomly thrown together races in arcadey 5-laps style with rubber banding AI. The online functions as they are now are also very basic and seem outdated. The whole game doesn't feel like a game from 2014. Porting it like it is on a next gen console won't improve the game. Graphics and performance yes, gameplay not really.
Well they can add all that in. However the problem is, this is pd....

Who says it'll be ported as is? I expect quite a number of changes besides new cars and tracks if PD does this.

And yep, I'll buy it. Most likely there will be a few supported PS4 wheels by then.

Nobody said they would do so. I was replying to the question why it wouldn't be good to do so.

Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, etc.) Coming mid-late 2015.

I'm actually glad this is to be taken with a grain of salt. To use the word, "repackaged" as a way to describe the next GT title does not instill confidence from me. GT6 needs more work than just social features & new tracks to be repackaged as a new title if they want $60 for it again.

yeurk! If this turns out to be true, i really hope that they're not going to take what was planned for GT6 and put it in GT7 Prologue instead, because although I could stomach another forty odd quid for a new GT game, I sure as hell don't want to have to pay another £349 on top of that, just to play a new GT game.

I recall a rumour going around on another GT board somewhere, earlier this year, where the OP said his source knew about PD being quiet because they're going to apologise and say that the features would be coming to the next GT game instead, or something like that. I am, of course, 100% paraphrasing, because i cannot find the link.

I really hope it's not true, because i don't have the money or inclination to buy a PS4 and it means my last GT experience was a pretty sour one, despite me enjoying the actual DRIVING aspect, i was (am) looking forward to all the missing features indeed.

Let's hope I am proven to be absolutely wrong ! :)

Maybe this rumour leak, might jerk PD into action and have them come out to either confirm/deny such things. The silence will finally be broken !...or not :P

Back