EA Teases the Next Need for Speed Game

I hope to god this will be the official announcement of Hot Pursuit Remastered, though the teaser pic does make me slightly concerned that it might be some DLC or update for Heat :nervous:

Not long to go now though, and I’ll hope on Monday to see a beautiful 4K60FPS trailer of hypercars battling Veyron police cars around Seacrest County :D

I hope to god this will be the official announcement of Hot Pursuit Remastered, though the teaser pic does make me slightly concerned that it might be some DLC or update for Heat :nervous:

Not long to go now though, and I’ll hope on Monday to see a beautiful 4K60FPS trailer of hypercars battling Veyron police cars around Seacrest County :D

This should put your mind at ease: ;)
Comparison.png

The road in the countdown page looks like it bears a resemblance to the road used in the HP2010 cover
e2c923a5ae1ec95e64d1206c8c6e741c.jpg

Tree'd

any clue on why they keep using the Big Joe's Pizzaria thing? Don't remember seeing that advertisement in any games.

any clue on why they keep using the Big Joe's Pizzaria thing? Don't remember seeing that advertisement in any games.
Was driving earlier around the Heat map searching for Big Joe and didn't found it. But I did saw a lot of businesses with simple names, like Randy's Organic Pizza. I think it's just an idea for putting all those 510. I could be wrong too.

Was driving earlier around the Heat map searching for Big Joe and didn't found it. But I did saw a lot of businesses with simple names, like Randy's Organic Pizza. I think it's just an idea for putting all those 510. I could be wrong too.
What if it's actually from a next-gen version of Heat with additional content? Maybe that's why we can't find it - because it's from an updated version of Heat. I might seriously consider Heat in that case, depending on what sort of additions there might be.

My favorite NFS Heat business is simply "Yogurt"

:lol:

Can't say I'm too interested in the remaster, but only because I've already played the original PS3 version. Even got the platinum trophy, too, so I think I'll just wait to hear more about NFS 2021 next May/June.

EDIT: And I wonder if Toyota could return in NFS 2021? At least with the A80 Supra, the AE86, and the 86, though I'd be fine with just the BRZ as opposed to both, unless each is going to have unique bodykits, like potentially being able to outfit a BRZ to look like the tS version, or the 86 getting GRMN parts. I would potentially like to see the A90 Supra, too, but only if it gets some of its real-world bodykits, as well - I don't want it to basically be a closed-top BMW Z4, as far as bodykits go.

Maybe even Ferrari could come, too, but I'm also not a fan of their insistence that their cars can't be modified too much, sans some official racing bodykits like the 458 GT3. I'd really prefer something like the Liberty Walk kit for the 458, if only to use that as an example. In fact, I'd prefer the next game to not do what Heat did, and have cars that can't be modified. I mean, why bother inflating the car list like that? I'd rather have cars that have something interesting to offer, like their real-world bodykits. I honestly wouldn't mind if most of the Ghost-designed body parts were removed, sans those specifically designed by Khyzyl Saleem, and those parts would have his "logo" on them, or some other way to designate them.

Last edited:
That's what Criterion was doing when they were told to subsume Ghost, at least, running BFV on the Firestorm side (which quickly went by the wayside once BFV's Pacific expansion was winning over hearts again)

I wouldn't read too much into it. DICE Stockholm need all the help they can get to make BF6 a home run, since everything is riding on it being successful. DICE LA have proven themselves, but all hands on deck. Plus, I woulsn't be surprised if NFS 2022 is only in the planning stages at the moment.

Last edited:
Reading the article from Polygon, I feel sympathetic to their decision, especially in regards to not wanting to rush out the next installment when we've just had three middling installments back-to-back. I just hope the delay is worth it - and I think it's a very rational decision to delay the next NFS when EA just acquired CodeMasters. Plus, I have a lot of faith in the next Battlefield, which could end up being the first Battlefield I get into since BF3 nearly a decade ago. That title, AFAIK, is still coming this year, so that's something to look forward to.

With all this being said, I would hope we at least get a teaser or something at EA Play this year, rather than having to wait until May/June 2022 for any new info.

I do also recall hearing that EA offered BioWare to delay Anthem so they could work on it some more, but BioWare refused, so I really do trust that this delay to the next NFS will be for the better, both for the game's development and for EA's investors. While I don't invest in EA, I do invest in Nintendo ($NTDOY), so I'm very sympathetic to both the gamer and investor within me.

Last edited:
I am missing so much good old NFS like 3, 4 or Porsche. Underground was great too but different. Why they don't do any good remasters?

I am missing so much good old NFS like 3, 4 or Porsche. Underground was great too but different. Why they don't do any good remasters?
It's likely because the guys who did the remaster for HP2010 used to work with Criterion, and are therefore most familiar with the game engine used in the Criterion-developed titles. (Note that the team that worked on HP2010 Remastered also did the remastered version of Burnout Paradise.) I think it's incredibly much more likely that we'll get a remaster of Most Wanted 2012 rather than a remaster of one of the titles from the Black Box era. And that's before we get into potential issues with car and music licensing. Heck, they had to cut a few models from the remaster of HP2010!

Last edited:
Because nobody wants to touch 20 year old code that some Canadians wrote.

Last edited:
At this point, its easier to create new one from scratch.
Honestly, I'd prefer a new title that builds on the various game mechanics that people love so much from MW2005/Carbon. But also potentially introducing new stuff, like having visual customization do something other than look good.

Last edited:
Back