New England GTPlanet Meet!

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 46 comments

Obelisk

Premium
United States
United States
RMedia_Obelisk
Hello, GTP! I'll be having a little meet-up on July 15. We'll be meeting at Cobb's Corner in Canton, MA, and we'll just be chatting and sharing our cars. Anyone who's interested and knows the area, we're meeting at the For anyone interested but has no idea where it is, the address is...Not publically available. I will PM everyone with the address

I'll have a list here in the OP of the people who are coming, and if this works out I might host another meet at the same place. Since this is just a casual meet-up, let's lay down two rules:

1. No racing
  2. No hooning
Who's coming? :gtpflag:

Edit: Current attendance for this next Friday:
@Ettick
@Obelisk + friend

Last edited:
Just bumping to update. The meet will be Friday at 8 PM in the parking lot at Western Union Bank at Cobb's Corner in Canton, MA. For those of you not necessarily local to the area, send me a quick PM and I can give you the address for your GPS or naviagation papers (...Does anyone still use those?).

As of right now, it's still just @Ettick and I attending, as well as my sister's boyfriend.

I was planning on another event between now and January 23rd but I'd need more people wanting to come along.

@Obelisk -
The Palmer Motorsports Park is a quite interesting looking track:tup:

I hadn't previously heard of it before your post, so I'm glad you mentioned it:)

By the look of it, its not too far off the Mass Pike so it would be reasonably easy to get to.

@Obelisk -
The Palmer Motorsports Park is a quite interesting looking track:tup:

I hadn't previously heard of it before your post, so I'm glad you mentioned it:)

By the look of it, its not too far off the Mass Pike so it would be reasonably easy to get to.
Yeah, we could definitely try.

@Ettick does this sound good?

We could try that Track Day after the Miata meet. Any time during July or the first two weeks of August would be perfect.

Edit: Tutto Italiano sounds cool. But my question is how would we meet as a GTP group?

We could try that Track Day after the Miata meet. Any time during July or the first two weeks of August would be perfect.

Edit: Tutto Italiano sounds cool. But my question is how would we meet as a GTP group?

I don't really have the equipment, skills, or money for a track day. As for meeting up, I suppose we could try and work out maybe a meeting place before an event or swap contact info somewhere.

Also, have you guys ever heard of Round One arcade in Taunton, MA? I kind of want to go there to play the Initial D and Wangan Midnight arcade cabinets. That could be another meetup place. (About 2 hours and 30 minutes away from where I live)

A little last minute.... As I didn't think I'd be going, but you guys should come to New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend! Local drift event happening and Ryan Tuerck is bringing his Toyota "GT4586" there!
19400209_10155176566631391_3947726733906812489_o.jpg

A little last minute.... As I didn't think I'd be going, but you guys should come to New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend! Local drift event happening and Ryan Tuerck is bringing his Toyota "GT4586" there!
19400209_10155176566631391_3947726733906812489_o.jpg
I have work all weekend. :(

New Englanders! Some good events coming up in July:

July 9: Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb @ Mt Washington in New Hampshire
July 22: IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Series @ Lime Rock Park, Connecticut
July 21-22: New England Forest Rally @ Somewhere in Maine

I'll be doing the hillclimb for sure, I usually hike up and make it a hiking/ car trip. Deciding between the rally in Maine or Lime Rock on July 22...

New Englanders! Some good events coming up in July:

July 9: Climb to the Clouds Hillclimb @ Mt Washington in New Hampshire
July 22: IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Series @ Lime Rock Park, Connecticut
July 21-22: New England Forest Rally @ Somewhere in Maine

I'll be doing the hillclimb for sure, I usually hike up and make it a hiking/ car trip. Deciding between the rally in Maine or Lime Rock on July 22...

Hit up Maine! I'd like to make it to the Hillclimb, but I'm not too sure if I can make it.... I'll definitely go to the New England Forest Rally at Sunday River on the 21st. Though, there's also a drift event on the 22nd in Canaan, NH.

Hit up Maine! I'd like to make it to the Hillclimb, but I'm not too sure if I can make it.... I'll definitely go to the New England Forest Rally at Sunday River on the 21st. Though, there's also a drift event on the 22nd in Canaan, NH.
I really want to go to the Maine rally, but it falls on the same weekend as the big IMSA race at Lime Rock, so I'm unsure. I've never been to a rally before though, so I'm leaning towards that. So many events!

I might try to drive up for that rally, but I have no clue where it is. I'd need a location and i'd be happy to tag along.

I might try to drive up for that rally, but I have no clue where it is. I'd need a location and i'd be happy to tag along.
The first event takes place in Newry, Maine and the second day takes place in Errol, New Hampshire. It's well worth it to watch people like David Higgins and Travis Pastrana.

Double post.

Hot Import Nights and Clubloose North is having a drift event/car show at New Hampshire Motor Speedway next weekend on the 26th and 27th! I'll be there shooting media for the drift event.

There's a Cars and Coffee event on August 22, 2017 (6/5 days off) at University Station off of 93 in Dedham. The lot in between Target and Wegman's will be closed off 10-1 for the event.

I'll be there for the whole thing because I'm working at Wegman's at 3.

@Ettick @MedigoFlame @SPhilli911 @BobK @GTsail

As a bonus, Wegman's sells some awesome food (a tad pricey) so I think it's worth the detour.

You mean this Sunday the 22nd? That’s close to me and will try to make it.

Are you all meeting somewjere specifically?
Yes, this sunday.

University Station off of 93 in Dedham. The lot in between Target and Wegman's will be closed off 10-1 for the event.
This is the address of the relevant store:
upload_2017-10-17_0-0-19.png

When you come in, there's a lot between Wegman's and the neighboring Target. That's where the event is - everyone else has to park elsewhere. I'd recommend using the Target spaces. Sundays are a crapshoot for parking though. Grab a space where you can.

Last edited:
Yes I know where the lot is, I meant if there is a spot/time to meet others from here. I don't know anyone, thanks.
Oh, I don't know who else is coming. I was going to try to be there around 9:30 and wait at the Wegman's outdoors cafe seating. Should I bring a sheet of paper with a GTP logo?

Oh, I don't know who else is coming. I was going to try to be there around 9:30 and wait at the Wegman's outdoors cafe seating. Should I bring a sheet of paper with a GTP logo?

My girlfriend and I are planning on coming. Would 10:00 be a reasonable arrival time?

Latest Posts

Back