Easy Base Joypad Controller Settings

• Thread starter Dale Evv
  • 18 comments
England
England
Just started to play ACC and have spent hours trying to dial in this easy to drive joypad setup. It's good for learner drivers who are stuck with a pad. And car wheel movement is not jerky.

Attachments

• 20200604_095639.jpg
    20200604_095639.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 654
Speed sensitivity at 100 will be a struggle on fast tracks, curva grande at Monza for example will be impossible to take flat.

0 DZ (or 1 if you have stick drift or something)
50-75 speed sensitivity, have a play and find something that suits you
95 steering filter
Steering speed doesn't seem to do anything
Steer assist enabled. This is essential.

Speed sensitivity at 100 will be a struggle on fast tracks, curva grande at Monza for example will be impossible to take flat.

0 DZ (or 1 if you have stick drift or something)
50-75 speed sensitivity, have a play and find something that suits you
95 steering filter
Steering speed doesn't seem to do anything
Steer assist enabled. This is essential.

Im running similar settings. The only other thing I’d recommend is gamma @ 1.5

My main question is regarding the controller layout. What are the options and can the user edit/map it all to their own preference?

I was losing my mind having such high consistency and good pace but terrible CC then enabled steering assist and instantly got above the 50% hump.

Edit - turned it back off since it was like driving a brick while trying to be aggressive.

Last edited:
Can you use motion control like in GTS, I can’t find anything that says yes so I assume not. After using motion control not sure I can go back sticks.

Can someone explain what the gamepad settings like steering gamma etc do?
Speed Sensitivity - How much the game will limit your max steering lock

Steering Speed - How fast the virtual wheel will react to your input and reach the limit of the available lock.

Steering Filter - How much the game will smooth/limit aggressive input delta

Steering Gamma - is the steering response curve

The default settings work very well just keep steering assist on and stability at 100%. This will still give you plenty of realism in the handling and allow competition with wheels. I am within .5 of a second with my wheel time using DS4 controller around Monza.
I’ve also ran 30 minute races with default settings and had no spins or contact with AI cars.

Last edited:
Speed Sensitivity - How much the game will limit your max steering lock

Steering Speed - How fast the virtual wheel will react to your input and reach the limit of the available lock.

Steering Filter - How much the game will smooth/limit aggressive input delta

Steering Gamma - is the steering response curve

The default settings work very well just keep steering assist on and stability at 100%. This will still give you plenty of realism in the handling and allow competition with wheels. I am within .5 of a second with my wheel time using DS4 controller around Monza.
I’ve also ran 30 minute races with default settings and had no spins or contact with AI cars.

From the cockpit view; does the drivers hand steer smoothly when making small adjustments or taking a corner? In AC on PS4 the driver in the cockpit was a bit off on the steering wheel.

Last edited:
From the cockpit view; does the drivers hand steer smoothly when making small adjustments or taking a corner? In AC on PS4 the driver in the cockpit was a spaz on the steering wheel.

yes it’s fine, although there is a visual delay sometimes.

edit : also may want to edit your last sentence , probably not appropriate on the forum 👍

Can anyone on PS4 kindly confirm whether you can use the following layout:

accelerate - x
Brake - square

gears up and down - triggers

steer - either left stick or d-pad left/right

would much appreciate anyone replying thanks

Can anyone on PS4 kindly confirm whether you can use the following layout:

accelerate - x
Brake - square

gears up and down - triggers

steer - either left stick or d-pad left/right

would much appreciate anyone replying thanks
Yes. Only things you cant do is accelerate/brake with the sticks.

Back