Ebisu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it.

It would be in the game by now if it was ever gonna appear IMO.

I don't think Kaz likes drifters! :(

Perhaps that's why he gave us a stupid "drift-points" system in GT5 and no actual drift tracks.

How many new D1GP cars did we get since 2008? :scared:
GT isn't a drift sim, or any sim for that matter.
The drift cars we have from earlier games are likely due to a close relationship with Best Motoring and the reach they had.

GT isn't a drift sim, or any sim for that matter.
The drift cars we have from earlier games are likely due to a close relationship with Best Motoring and the reach they had.

Never said it was.

But to be fair, if you watched the entire Kaz film, they mention drifting was in their thought process when modelling the first physics engine for GT1.

I get what you mean though, you might be right.

No, The rights to Ebisu is still under Kumakubo.
Do you mean Nobushige Kumakubo? Because I'm talking about gaming rights for the track, you know..
As far as I can tell the nfs series, shift in particular are the only current gen games that include ebisu *not counting rfactor because the tracks are community made not standard* and I may be mistaken but I heard they had sole rights,
I also remember going through this with some people on gt5 and unless it's all changed since 2 years ago, I'm going going to assume we will never get ebisu *any variation*

Do you mean Nobushige Kumakubo? Because I'm talking about gaming rights for the track, you know..
As far as I can tell the nfs series, shift in particular are the only current gen games that include ebisu *not counting rfactor because the tracks are community made not standard* and I may be mistaken but I heard they had sole rights,
I also remember going through this with some people on gt5 and unless it's all changed since 2 years ago, I'm going going to assume we will never get ebisu *any variation*
No such thing as gaming rights. They need the license to reproduce the work which isn't mutually exclusive. They may have a short term contract with NFS for a non compete claus but we don't know that for sure. I don't think Ebisu is in GT because it is primarily a racing game. Ebisu is not known to be a world class race track which means it's not a priority. There are still a lot of international race tracks that haven't been seen on GT so once they get all those then they will focus on pure drifting tracks.

sources: I've studied intellectual property law while in college.

Last edited:
Im under the assumption that EA may currently still have the rights for a non compete. while I'm sure you've seen the entire compound in a popular pc sim, its because the code for nfs games is insanely easy to port and is quite regularly. That being said it does appear that PD are testing waters with content for drift fans, the premium s13 now has Dai yoshiharas body kit with the exception of the hood. We might receive some core drift content and I hope we do, but I would assume it will consist of cars/mods as its easier and less time consuming. I'm not going to hold my breath on anything though.

the premium s13 now has Dai yoshiharas body kit with the exception of the hood.

Care to elaborate? Did it get upgraded with TRA Kyoto stuff or something? I hope you don't mean that ****** Origin looking stuff known as aero #2?

Im under the assumption that EA may currently still have the rights for a non compete. while I'm sure you've seen the entire compound in a popular pc sim, its because the code for nfs games is insanely easy to port and is quite regularly. That being said it does appear that PD are testing waters with content for drift fans, the premium s13 now has Dai yoshiharas body kit with the exception of the hood. We might receive some core drift content and I hope we do, but I would assume it will consist of cars/mods as its easier and less time consuming. I'm not going to hold my breath on anything though.

It's had that kit since Dec 6th.

You're hallucinating.

@evanger

Care to elaborate? Did it get upgraded with TRA Kyoto stuff or something? I hope you don't mean that ****** Origin looking stuff known as aero #2?
  • Unfortunately I do mean that generic crap. Its nearly identical, I assume its the copyright/royalty free way of getting away with it. Its nothing special, but its sort of a step in the right direction....kind of.

Ahh. Kinda glad anyways. The fad ruined the product when it comes to Rocket Bunny.

Fad.

Everyone wants it, yet very few who buys it does it right.

Then there's the guy who can't afford it, so he buys a spoiler (which doesn't flow with his uras style aero) just to get the stickers and say me too.

FAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back