Economy system is a piece of ****!

• Thread starter Mark IV
  • 419 comments

Mark IV

(Banned)
Germany
Germany
Seriously who designed such awfull economy design? Gt sport is clearly focused on online modes like sport mode and open lobies but their prizes are nearly nonexistent compared to gt league. You want mark 4? Sure all you need to do is only 53 premium lounge blue moon race and all of them has to be with n300 car plus clean race. How the hell im suppose to focus online modes if gt sport FORCES me to play boring, unexcited and time wasting offline races over and over again to actually earn something?

There are no Gran Turismo game that forces to play a single race over and over again to earn something except the Gt sport. In Gt5 and Gt6 quick races, daily login bonuses and seasonal events were allow you to earn huge amount of cash. Not the case in Gt sport ofc.

I have some ideas to to make economy much better. These are;

1. Increase the payouts of sport mode and open lobby races. Getting 3x more money from these races would also molarise people to play those modes more often.

2. Add a daily login bonus or give us credits bonus daily instead of a duplicate car.

3. Decrease the value of these extremely expensive cars at least by half. 10M would be much more managable to earn then 20M in the current economy system.

4. Seasonal events.

5. Quick races just like in gt6 with huge payouts.

Pd Im pretty sure this is not a very hard thing to fix. Just do one thing above there and everyone will be much happier.

The 20 and 15 mil cars are definitely way overpriced. It'd be slightly less egregious if the daily rewards didn't allow repeats of cars you already own so that way you would at least have a chance of working your way towards it. As is, I have more or less just given up on getting those anytime soon (I'm sure I'll eventually save enough....someday).
Also, for what it's worth, the new GR.1 cup that they added in the last update usually only takes 1 or 2 minutes more than the Blue Moon race (depending on the race, car, and level of tuning) and pays out a solid 220,000/race. Not quite N300 level payouts, but still makes for a nice change of pace. The Tokyo Highway race is remarkably easy as well with the right car.

Didn't GT5 or GT6 once radically up payouts for racing (can't remember if online or off, but I seem to remember one of them getting a bump)?

You had a 5 day login bonus that meant 200% payout.

Seasonals paid awesome money... up to a $1 mil. for the expert events... which you could run as much as you want.

GT5 had B-Spec seasonals also with around a million per payout. GT6 you could run B-Spec on the mission races... the big ones being the Ring challenge which was also a million a pop.

VGTs were free first time as long as you completed a time trial.

GT5 was particularly good in that you could hire and fire B-spec drivers to run in your team and earn money for you.

3. Decrease the value of these extremely expensive cars at least by half. 10M would be much more managable to earn then 20M in the current economy system.
That will never happen, because they were the same price as in GT6. If the car were 10 million each, them cars would be far too easy to get them.
Let's say if PD did put the price of the cars down to 10 million, then the prize money for wining Credits will decrease into Peanuts.
If you think about it, the current economy system is very good and there is no problem with it 👍.

That will never happen, because they were the same price as in GT6. If the car were 10 million each, them cars would be far too easy to get them.
Let's say if PD did put the price of the cars down to 10 million, then the prize money for wining Credits will decrease into Peanuts.
If you think about it, the current economy system is very good and there is no problem with it 👍.
Then explain how all LMP1 and Group C cars (Group 1 cars) got their prices halved from >2 million in average to 1 million.

Rubbish as usual. It doesn't matter how many times you post the exact same view. The economy in this game is broken.

My solution has worked. I bought an Xbox one with Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4. Bliss.

Another day, another moaning thread about the in-game economy. Deal with it. It's here to stay and I for one welcome that. Hopefully a moderator will close this thread too.

How do you find the time to earn enough to buy these cars?

At first I thought you must be still at school living at home, then I see you are 43. So can’t still be living at your parents with zero commitments....are you?

I probably play 2-3 hours a week max in sport mode and will never get enough credits to try out the 20mil cars, so from my perspective completely agree with the OP. Apart from the profanity :-)

To answer your questions; i have no parents, i moved out of home at 18 when i joined the army. I now run my own business and i have 2 kids to come home to. I am also disabled. Unless im making a livery, my race time is quite minimal. I take the advice of others on here and run the races that earn the most for the least input. By no means do i constantly run the same race over and over. On top of that, when my parents were alive, they installed one vital piece of wisdom into me: never be afraid to work hard for your goals, be patient - all good things come to he who waits. That wisdom applies to everything in life from my kids, my business, my disability and even my gaming.

If you win or do well from the back of the grid in Sport mode, the payouts are very large. All games have a boss level, achieving the 20,000,000 credit cars are this games boss. With input comes reward and so it should. We live in a society where everyone demands and expects everything instantly. This is wrong on so many levels, it takes away a sense of achievement, the fulfillment of reward and one of humanities greatest traits; patience. It may only be a game but surely the objective of all games is to work hard for the final reward?

So it seems to work if you play single player.

It doesn’t if you just play Sport.

I dont think it even works if you play single player as intended - I have got 100% in licenses all gold. 100% missions 100% track experience. All gold.

I did some races a few times and I have 150 trophies and I think I'm barely over $20 mil. earned in total? Granted I have done a few single player races, drifts and a few custom races etc.

So I can afford ONE $20 mil. if I didnt buy anything else.

Oh I agree, I try But everyone seems to be a bit better.

I seemed to have settled into a mid B/S ranking and hover around 17-19k driver points. I think each race gets me about 30k credits so it’s slow going. This is the result of 1 years playing at my level/style.

If I had never bought any other car I am still a long way off getting 1 top car.

Never mind, it’s still great fun

85BC0116-DAB6-4954-8E5F-16B51C9039D2.jpeg

a sense of achievement, the fulfillment of reward

..I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard this before. And I'm pretty sure that was used as a cheap excuse for making the grind longer than it had any right to be.

As I've argued before, I don't believe it's the concept of there being *a progression system* that's the problem. The problem is that the grind (and Sport is a grind) is mind-numbing and seems to never, ever have an end. And that's before we start talking about how most of the usual ways of earning credits are nowhere to be found. The login bonus has gone the way of the dodo. B-Spec doesn't look to be on the horizon anytime soon. You can't sell prize cars for credits, and you can only ever win one prize car per real-life day. Said prize car has a .5% chance of being the prize car you want and seems to prefer teasing you with endless duplicates of N200 cars you already own.

I don't know about you, but I play video games to have a good time. Not to work a second 🤬 full-time job.

If you win or do well from the back of the grid in Sport mode, the payouts are very large. All games have a boss level, achieving the 20,000,000 credit cars are this games boss. With input comes reward and so it should. We live in a society where everyone demands and expects everything instantly. This is wrong on so many levels, it takes away a sense of achievement, the fulfillment of reward and one of humanities greatest traits; patience. It may only be a game but surely the objective of all games is to work hard for the final reward?
Your parents gave you sound advice. For life.

Games are not work. Unless PD is going to pay me for my time then no.

GT Sport's problem isn't really the money system (well, it kinda is, but not the main problem). It is the overall state of SP Career Mode

I was playing GT5 recently at my cousin's place and honestly, it is so much more enjoyable: range of events to select is wide. AI actually drives clean, doesn't try to ram or brake-check you every time you try to overtake them and actually provides a decent challenge. You don't start every event dead last and try to catch up to first place, which by the time you reach 2nd has 30+ second gap. Every set of events you complete you get a unique car as a prize. Performance Rating system is much better than N-class thing in Sport. And so on so forth

Compared to this, Sport feels somewhat unfinished: AI in GT League is crap (and somehow AI is decent in Quick Race mode), no unique cars (only unique car is GT-R Safety Car which has no use whatsoever because Gr.X), only 3 events in the game give good enough money payouts to grind up for 20 mil. cars. Tuning is too simplified, everything you have from start, all tyre sets, full customizable suspension and etc. And i don't even take in the Sport Mode, which supposedly is the main focus of the game, yet gives no unique rewards for taking part in it and prize money is lower than in GT League...

But hey, we renamed Car Shop to Brand Central. Woo, what a remarkable change!

Pathetic

I don't know about you, but I play video games to have a good time. Not to work a second 🤬 full-time job.
You don't need a second 🤬 full time job, if you moan & groan about the credits go and play other racing games which don't have a credit system.

Making 1 million credits a day is dam good in this game, and there is no need to get things like cars quickly, because it is a game to play over time and not in 5 minutes, like some players want.

You don't need a second 🤬 full time job, if you moan & groan about the credits go and play other racing games which don't have a credit system.

Making 1 million credits a day is dam good in this game, and there is no need to get things like cars quickly, because it is a game to play over time and not in 5 minutes, like some players want.
Says the player who rubber bands.....

The penny just isn't going to drop is it?

We live in a society where everyone demands and expects everything instantly. This is wrong on so many levels, it takes away a sense of achievement, the fulfillment of reward and one of humanities greatest traits; patience. It may only be a game but surely the objective of all games is to work hard for the final reward?

Those damn millennials!

GT Sport's problem isn't really the money system (well, it kinda is, but not the main problem). It is the overall state of SP Career Mode

I was playing GT5 recently at my cousin's place and honestly, it is so much more enjoyable: range of events to select is wide. AI actually drives clean, doesn't try to ram or brake-check you every time you try to overtake them and actually provides a decent challenge. You don't start every event dead last and try to catch up to first place, which by the time you reach 2nd has 30+ second gap. Every set of events you complete you get a unique car as a prize. Performance Rating system is much better than N-class thing in Sport. And so on so forth

Compared to this, Sport feels somewhat unfinished: AI in GT League is crap (and somehow AI is decent in Quick Race mode), no unique cars (only unique car is GT-R Safety Car which has no use whatsoever because Gr.X), only 3 events in the game give good enough money payouts to grind up for 20 mil. cars. Tuning is too simplified, everything you have from start, all tyre sets, full customizable suspension and etc. And i don't even take in the Sport Mode, which supposedly is the main focus of the game, yet gives no unique rewards for taking part in it and prize money is lower than in GT League...

But hey, we renamed Car Shop to Brand Central. Woo, what a remarkable change!

Pathetic
It originally wasn't like this. GTLeague is a late update addition which speaks for itself.

We have this same topic every week!

Yes it is a problem.
No PD probably won't change anything.
Yes sports mode payout is too low.
No, previous games were not this bad.

Ultimately you can choose to play or not, you don't need the cars.

Oh, do I love it when I annoy people like you. So thank you for making my day.

You don't need a second 🤬 full time job

Then how would you describe the system Sport's got going for it, mr. so-called I've-never-resorted-to-grinding-because-it's-a-perfectly-balanced-experience-as-it-is?

if you moan & groan about the credits go and play other racing games which don't have a credit system.

..and if you moan and groan about people not wanting to grind their arse out, I can recommend a whole raft of games that'll let you grind to your heart's content and never hear the "filthy casuals" over the sound of your ego. What exactly is your point with this one?

Making 1 million credits a day is dam good in this game

Dam? What dam?

Also, 1 million a day = three full weeks per car. That's reasonable for one car, is it?

there is no need to get things like cars quickly

..but what reason is there to *not* get them quickly? And if you answer something that can be summed up as "sense of pride and accomplishment", I consider that you knowing you're talking out of a body part that can't usually talk.

it is a game to play over time

Oh, I play it over time. I don't grind it over time. The difference should be obvious.

I have no doubt in my mind that if I dedicated every second of my existence and skipped things like
  • Education
  • Having a job
  • Seeing other people
  • Playing any games other than Sport
  • Basic human needs like eating and sleeping
  • Generally having a life
or sold my soul to the rubberband devil, then yes, I could have everything I wanted. Much like how if I skipped the same things and went to work instead, I could (eventually) be the richest man the world's ever seen.

The difference here is that in one case, the rewards are very much real, and in the other they're a collection of pixels on a screen.

Also (and this is a very philosophical and pertinent question I expect you to answer - same deal as with "pride and accomplishment" above), if you're leaving the game running to make money on its own by virtue of a well-placed rubber band, are you actually playing it? And yes, there is an objectively correct answer to this.

and not in 5 minutes, like some players want.

..so you want them to make the game as grindy as possible for what exact reason? What, if anything, does it actually *add* to the game, to lock cars - virtual cars in a piece of entertainment media I bought for $60 - behind a ludicrously long grind period?

There's a reason Battlefront II happened. And right now, you're being the reason GT Sport is happening.

Last edited:
Quite confusing that in a "on-line racing sim" you have to play offline to get credits and buy cars...

Not all of us has time to play boring races against the AI during hours to buy a 20 million car you will use once in a online racing league.

The best system I've seen to make everyone happy is the one codemasters "Dirt Rally" offers..

In offline campaign mode you have to earn cars, upgrades and team management with credits.

But when you make an online league you have all cars available to use for free.

Perfect balance for those with time that will enjoy a nice long offline campaign
And perfect for those with little time that just want to race in online racing leagues at night after work

How the hell im suppose to focus online modes if gt sport FORCES me to play boring, unexcited and time wasting offline races over and over again to actually earn something?
It does? You must have a different version of GTS, compared to me. Because I can play any race I want. Wether it’s online or offline.
And when I had done all of the circuit experiences and driving school-things, I had lots of cars and ~10M credits (it I remember correctly).

Back