El Cap 200 miles: Chevy Corvette Convertible '54

Hi

The Chevrolet corvette convertible '54 is fun and it looks very cool too!! I did the corvette series with it and won. At El Capitan 200, it seemed more like a sunday drive than a race LOL!! I've done this enduro a number of times with the Suzuki gsx r/4, but the chevy was more of a challenge

The chevy is great for twisty circuits, will try it on the rally street races later

my set up:
racing exhaust, chip, stage 2 NA, SH tyres, no NOS, racing brakes (2/2.... this car stops QUICK!!), racing susp (lowered the ride height to 135/135), full tranny (auto setting 7), triple clutch, race flywheel, prop shaft, stage 3 weight reduction, port polish, engine balance.... 275 bhp

the competition:
pagani zonda c12, dodge viper srt 10, tvr cerbera 6, chevy corvette grand sport, merc sl65 amg (r230)

the "race":
i couldnt remember when the zonda pitted, so i tried to stay out as long as poss b4 pitting... this was a mistake! I should have just stuck to 17/34/51 (i actually did 18/36/51). I lost a lot of time b4 the 2nd pit cos my tyres were very red. the zonda pitted at 19/37/56

total race time: 2:12'09.888
(beat zonda by around 43.5 secs)
fastest lap: 1'56.931
top speed: 127 mph (downhill hehe)
"a" spec pts: 200

quite enjoyed the race, and got another minolta!!

Gord

Back