Electric cars in Need for Speed?

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Should electric cars be included in Need for Speed games?

Examples:
Nissan Leaf
Renault Zoe
Tesla Model S
Tesla Roadster

Should need for speed include electric cars in their game line-up, what would be their limitations, advantages, disadvantages?

How would you tune your Electric car?

Last edited:
MW2012 had the Tesla Roadster. I don't remember how well it fit in that game but I think it was one of the lesser used cars (for me at least). The Model S could eventually find its way to NFS but the Leaf? No thank you.

It be quite nice but it wouldn't bother me if there wasn't any. I guess the advantages would the massive torque so it be useful for long straights and maybe drifting so disadvantages would be some cars wouldn't corner as well as the others and lack of customisable features.

Electric Car Tuning

Motor Controller Packs:
Changing controlling pack can increase motor efficiency and performance
Economy Standard Controller > Sports Controller > Race Controller

Higher Current Motor Cables:
Changing the motor cables can increase electrical efficiency like better spark plug leads for example.

Motor Cooling:
Adding an Inter-cooler to supply coolant to the motors for better motor efficiency and
performance

Suspension & Tyres:
Better suspension and tyres increase acceleration and handling efficiency

Weight Reduction
Reducing cars weight as per usual to increase range & performance

Transmission
- Being able to change the ratio of the single gear
- Straight cut gears to give a transmission whine (Refer to tesla/saleen)
- 5-Speed Sequential transmission from 'Spark-Renault SRT_01E Formula E' Car

nissan-leaf-nismo-performance-package-062513.jpg

Last edited:
Electric Car Customization

In the future will there be alternative ways to customize electric cars as there is not much that can be done to tune a stock electric cars in the way of body kits, Gauges, Spoilers/wings, eyelids (For Headlights), wider or narrower wheel setups, Neons, Led lighting, Wheel Flares and etc.

saleen-foursixteen-modified-tesla-model-s-front-right_-1400x933.jpg 2009_Brabus_TeslaRoadster1.jpgRenault-ZOE-E-Sport-Concept-07.jpg

Last edited:
Why not the Leaf?

It would compete against the front wheel drive cars like listed below

Need for Speed (2015)
  • Acura RSX, 2004
  • Ford Focus RS, 2016
  • Honda Civic Type R, 1997
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI, 1983

How...it's not even off the shelf a competitor, even against an 83 Golf GTI perhaps close but not really. Also you don't put the RS in this because it's AWD. All the cars you've listed are tuner or hot hatches from the get go, against a plug in economy car that performance wise isn't meant to do what you wish it to. If you like it, that's cool but why force it in a game where it's out of touch and on a crowd that doesn't see it in the same light.

In a car collecting encyclopedia game sure, it fits but in a street racing tuner game, it really doesn't.

Last edited:
Tesla Roadster was in MW 2012, and it can be customized like any other car (tyres, body, chassis, nitrous, gearbox). It has great handling and acceleration, so for short and twisty tracks it's great (I have beaten Venoms with it online). But if the race involves the slightest bit of freeways you are left in the dust because of your limited top speed, even with long gearbox. It's a fun car, but I can understand why people don't like to use it.

Personally I wouldn't mind a Tesla P90D, but with current technology (without making the in game performance unrealistic) electric cars' appeal is too limited in a game like NFS.

Electric cars? Well I'll be surprised if this thing appears in DLC...
images

The Nissan Leaf would be great Competition for the Economy, hot hatches or the oddballs in Need for Speed 2015

Nissan Leaf Specifications (Stock Configuration)

Power: 80kw (110 hp)
Torque: 280 N.m (210 lb.ft)
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time: 9.7 secs
Top Speed: 150 km/h (93 mph)
1/4 mile: 17.3 secs @ 126 km/h (78 mph)

Need For Speed 2015 Competition:

- Acura RSX [DC5] Type S, 2004
- Ford Model 18, 1932
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG, 1971
- Nissan Skyline [KPGC10] 2000GT-R, 1971
- Toyota Sprinter [AE86] GT APEX , 1986
- Volkswagen Golf [Mk1] GTi, 1976
- Volvo 242 DL, 1975

Last edited:
I dunno man, I'm just not a fan of electric cars. Not saying they shouldn't be included, but I personally wouldn't use them. There are other cars available right now that I can say the same thing against, so sure, why not? If Ghost wants to put a Leaf in the game, the more power to them (pun intended ;))

Tesla Roadster was in MW 2012, and it can be customized like any other car (tyres, body, chassis, nitrous, gearbox). It has great handling and acceleration, so for short and twisty tracks it's great (I have beaten Venoms with it online). But if the race involves the slightest bit of freeways you are left in the dust because of your limited top speed, even with long gearbox. It's a fun car, but I can understand why people don't like to use it.

Personally I wouldn't mind a Tesla P90D, but with current technology (without making the in game performance unrealistic) electric cars' appeal is too limited in a game like NFS.

Agreed. The Roadster was good fun, but relatively uncompetitive. I think I ended up only ever using it for the races that required it, and then went back to my usual choice of GT-R or V12 Vantage. I could see a similar problem rearing its head in NFS2015.

Back