Electric Vehicles in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 124 comments
This should 100% be in the game (or people will riot).

Lexus announced an electric successor to the LFA, the LES (Lexus Electrified Sport).

lexus-electrified-sport.jpg

GR.X being defunct, the only events we could run full EV road cars versus petrol cars, were in the Real Circuit Tour. I can't recall seeing an EV road car racing in the State of Play video. Curious to see where they all fit.

As for new EVs, that DeLorean raises some eyebrows.

Honestly, I’d love to have the OG Tesla Roadster return from the PS3 era. Not only would it allow Tesla to have more than one car, but the Roadster is notable for being Tesla’s first car. Plus, it’s from before Musk became the face of Tesla. Indeed, contrary to what one may infer, Musk did not found Tesla!

Honestly, I’d love to have the OG Tesla Roadster return from the PS3 era. Not only would it allow Tesla to have more than one car, but the Roadster is notable for being Tesla’s first car. Plus, it’s from before Musk became the face of Tesla. Indeed, contrary to what one may infer, Musk did not found Tesla!
Roadster + Model 3 Performance & new Model S, otherwise they can remove it as a whole... no point for that old 2012 Model S. And ironically GT Sport says exactly that (Musk = founder) if you enter the Tesla brand shop.

Roadster + Model 3 Performance & new Model S, otherwise they can remove it as a whole... no point for that old 2012 Model S. And ironically GT Sport says exactly that (Musk = founder) if you enter the Tesla brand shop.
Well, I think it’s that Musk was still the founder of a similarly-named entity. Like I think the original Roadster was by just Tesla, whereas Musk created Tesla Motors.

I Got to ask something jaguar vision sv looks really good..
2020121801_Jaguar_GTSV.jpg

but in car coupe version trailer , I noticed girl pushed stick forward " maybe it's boost " on left side of steering wheel...
jaguar vision coupe, never had overtake system in gts, not even tune option..it is locked...only torque distribution option which 35:65 was fastest for me.?? somebody know something about that?

Attachments

• jaguar-vision-gran-turismo-sv.jpg
    jaguar-vision-gran-turismo-sv.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I Got to ask something jaguar vision sv looks really good..
View attachment 1115107
but in car coupe version trailer , I noticed girl pushed stick forward " maybe it's boost " on left side of steering wheel...
jaguar vision coupe, never had overtake system in gts, not even tune option..it is locked...only torque distribution option which 35:65 was fastest for me.?? somebody know something about that?
The car you are showing is the SV(race) version. We only had the base(road) GT version, in GT Sport.

I really like EV's too, and they are coolest when they embrace the new age instead of trying to be something its not. cough mustang mach-e cough. These are my favorites currently released, soon to be, or concepts that I find neat.

Tesla Roadster (2021)
Tesla-Roadster-103.jpg

red-multi-coat-tesla-roadster-unveiling-interior-1_2000x.jpg

Honda E (2020) - Also, Here is a fantastic nearly 30 minute long in-depth review of the Honda E, which is a great watch.
Honda_e-01@2x.jpg

honda-e-prototype_100693240_h.jpg

Sony Vision S Concept
sony-vision-s-electric-car-technology_dezeen_2364_hero-1.jpg

sony_vision_s_9943.jpg

It's actually amazing how clever, and 'complete' this concept car of Sony's looks, and its pretty sad its not going to be a real thing. If it doesn't come to Gran Turismo, it would be a massive waste.

On the topic of gameplay for EV's for GT7, I would love if a decent selection of performance upgrades are available for these cars. Lot of these EV's get ignored because so little customization exists for these in games. Would be cool to have things like Stage-based '3rd party software updates' that can optimize power better, or battery upgrades that can give you trade offs like less range, in exchange for less weight. Anything that makes sense, without being too far from realism. Along with the usual weight reduction upgrades, and visuals we are used to in other cars.
Didn’t Sony say that want to produce it together with a SUV they presented?

After seeing them in Forza Horizon 5, I'm not to sure about seeing the E Racer off-road trucks, in this game.

I think I could do without the Teslas and other production EVs. More limited, Hyoer/Vision cars.

Back in 2018 there were plans for a Electric Production GT Series. It hasn't moved forward at all. Without that association, production EVs rank lower than Civics or Minis for racing IMO.

I think I could do without the Teslas and other production EVs. More limited, Hyoer/Vision cars.

Back in 2018 there were plans for a Electric Production GT Series. It hasn't moved forward at all. Without that association, production EVs rank lower than Civics or Minis for racing IMO.
The GT series may be stalled, by the ETCR is doing well, and certainly relevant to production EVs (arguably more so).

The GT series may be stalled, by the ETCR is doing well, and certainly relevant to production EVs (arguably more so).

Sure maybe one day it may be relevant to production cars.

I make an effort not to respoand to you or read your comments because I consider you a troll. Could you please do the same and just leave me alone.

Back in 2018 there were plans for a Electric Production GT Series. It hasn't moved forward at all
Electric GT (the Tesla one) might have died, but the FIA recently announced their own, FIA eGT.

1658243451759.png

And the STCC has announced a swith from combustion engines to EV's.

eTCR is crap because its format is hopeless. I also don't think it's provided the best racing, but that could again be because of the format.

I make an effort not to respoand to you or read your comments because I consider you a troll. Could you please do the same and just leave me alone.
That's going to be a no, if you think my posts break the AUP then use the report button.

Last edited:
Why can't you leave the guy be? If he doesn't want to communicate with you, why push back?
This is a discussion forum, any member can reply to any post, as long as the AUP is followed.

The member in question is perfectly free to not read my posts or reply to them, what they can't do is expect to be able to stop another member replying to them.

This is a discussion forum, any member can reply to any post, as long as the AUP is followed.

The member in question is perfectly free to not read my posts or reply to them, what they can't do is expect to be able to stop another member replying to them.
Right. Well after reading an interaction you had last week with someone, I came away from it thinking that you are a bully. You seem to use your position as a moderator to be a jerk to people. Your response, especially the second line, clearly shows you lack respect for other people, their feelings and their boundaries.

Last edited:
Electric cars have been around since the dawn of the motor vehicle. It's come full circle.
In a game, it's a way to educate some players. EVs are quick. Some are quick and fast. Some are just a means to get from A to B with no enthusiasm.

There is proof that EVs aren't just limited to grocery getting. We see this in motorsport. Anyway, players will be able to experience one of the fastest vacuum cleaners. Faster than many internal combustion vehicles.

Electric is for vacuum cleaner not cars and even more sport cars🙈

Super dumb opinion. I guarantee my Plaid is faster and more fun than anything you’ve ever driven.

As a Tesla owner, it is baffling to me why Tesla only has one ten-year-old vehicle in the game. It’s literally the slowest car they ever made, and a copy-paste job from prior games. The lack of effort on Polyphony’s part is disgraceful.

The pace of 3 “new” cars per month is FAR FAR FAR too slow to get this game anywhere near where it should have been at launch. The vehicle selection just plain sucks and is woefully out of date. (Unless you just like Toyotas I guess)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back