Eliminator

• Thread starter Paul271168
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me how if everybody is meant to start in a mini how come when the eliminator starts I get challenged by bowlers ram rebels and more high level cars I have won the eliminator a few times and always have to start with a mini I've tried asking forza support to explain but as usual there pure ignorant

Can anybody tell me how if everybody is meant to start in a mini how come when the eliminator starts I get challenged by bowlers ram rebels and more high level cars I have won the eliminator a few times and always have to start with a mini I've tried asking forza support to explain but as usual there pure ignorant

Car drops

You just need to spawn near the higher level car drops. It's half skill/half luck.

Look at it in the context of actual battle royale games - you start with next-to-nothing (a Mini), and scour the map or eliminate rivals to acquire better gear (car drops). And like Fortnite, if someone has better gear than you, it can be in your interest to flee or hide from them.

If you started with a better car, it would eliminate the entire core loop of the mode, which is the risk/reward of going out and upgrading your car for the final scramble.

It's a virtual certainty that the mode will eventually let you pick from a variety of starter cars, but my guess is that they probably want to work through what they have available to make sure everything is balanced, and for the initial launch it was easier to stick to a fairly small list of cars.

I was thinking about this last night.

Firstly, that Mini is significantly upgraded over the game Mini. 6 speed gearbox vs 4spd, Vmax is >100mph vs around 85 in the game car, for example.

But if there was a Level 2 car available, everyone would just take that, surely? You'd have literally nobody choosing the Mini. Level 1 would cease to exist as a concept.

People don't give the Mini the credit it deserves. As previously mentioned, it's significantly upgraded to the top of C class, street tires, 145HP in a 1,400lb car. It can beat the level 2 cars pretty easily since they're all stock, and a few level 3 cars. It's all about mastering the wonders of power-to-weight ratio and finding the right route.

Personally if you don't like the Mini, I'd suggest staying FAR away from others and just focus on finding a level 4 or 5 car drop. Who knows? You might get very lucky like I did last night and find a level 10 Aventador. 👍

Good luck out there.

To be honest, the Eliminator is just not my thing. Good luck to those that do enjoy it but the setup is just not fun for me. Bit like those infected and be crowned king in the seasonals. Try to avoid them. If not, hope that I get teamed up with those who have some skills and desire at those kind of events lol.
Just not keen on the direction these modern games are going with all these online team(work) building exercises. I just want to race....

Back