Embarrassing moments...

• Thread starter Dose555
  • 45 comments
Ok, this is really bad, because it involves me losing my temper and wrecking someone, or at least attempting to...
Ya know whats worse than a dirty driver?
A fast driver who also drives dirty, but doesn't need to...
I was in second at Nurb GP. I had watched the first place driver take out anyone who got near him ( this was a C SR race, i was in the process of getting back to S after a run of bad luck)
As i caught up and took my shot at the lead, he rammed me off the track, ok, i was expecting that. 1 lap later, as im going to pass him he swerves towards me, so i slammed the brakes and he careened right past me into the wall, and i got the lead.
Evidently the guy didnt like that i outsmarted him, he was a good 2, 2.5sec behind me, he drove like a man possessed and caught back up in two laps (the guy had the pace of an S class driver, he just intentionally races dirty to keep his SR low so he gets matched against unskilled opponents) he wasted no time and punted me into the gravel on the last turn, now im about 2sec behind with a lap to go, AND IM PISSED!!!
Now i drive like a madman and close to about .7 sec behind coming out of the chicane before the final turn.
Now, i know im too far back to make a pass and win, but ill be dammed if this dirty sandbagger is gonna win...
So i flat foot it into the final turn and tried to take him out
And sailed right past his back bumper and into the wall at full speed, also getting a 5sec penalty
(Goes to show how often i actually do wreck people, considering when i try to race dirty i usually wreck myself)
And to add insult to injury and embarrassment, the guy let me have it in the post race comments, and sent me a few PSN messages too
The moral of the story...
Revenge is a dish best served in the comments section. (Or, as i did, challenge your rival to a grudge match on the Nordschlieffe and beat them by over 20sec...)
Revenge 1v1s are always the best way of revenge =w=

I entered a Daily Race A and was waiting at the pre-race clock screen. There was about a minute left in the countdown. I started messing around on my phone and started watching cat videos. I was glued to my device for a few minutes. Suddenly, I noticed a flash on my TV and there was a disqualification notice.

This is among the best so far, too bad your opponents didn't know why you were not putting up much of a fight. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Especially the content of your videos, I know they are funny, my wife adores cats and we are "owned" by a couple of cats but its probably not a common pre-race video. :cheers:

Haha exactly the same mistake happened also to me. The difference is that I was chasing a car in front of me and I was so focused on the leading car and its braking point, that I completely missed mine. I tried not to hit the car in front of me but sadly I it still happened. Eventhough I didn't do it on purpose, it didn't look too good (fair) in the replay and I understood the other guy being pretty pi**ed...

I think its even worse chasing someone and pulling the biggest bone head move of all, braking at 150FT when the braking point is 100FT., no matter how hard you step on the gas youre not going to make that time up on that corner. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

I raced Tsukuba yesterday and basically won by driving like a geriatric through a drive-by shootout.

In Qualifying I placed 5th on the grid ( B/A ) with a 1:06 lap time. The top 3 cars were well ahead and it looked like it was going to be a boring race since everyone seemed reasonably spaced apart with their grid times. Then on turn 4 all hell broke lose. The pole position car was lagging bad and over shot the hairpin, lawn darting into the wall.

The pole position car then violently reentered the track ramming two other cars and almost running me off of the track. He then proceeded to dive bomb everyone on every turn eventually wiping himself out into the wall on the last hairpin (turn 7). From then on it was a royal rumble for 4th place.

Meanwhile I'm in first place trying to hold back 2 other drivers that are way faster than me. I'm blocking by running middle track lines to the apex (I don't weave)but my defensive line is slowing me down badly and it's embarrassing, but I know that the guys behind me are furious and I'm just expecting to be punted out of the way. I'm blocking but at the same time, I'm running a basic predictable defensive line and I'm not going to viciously defend my position because it's blatantly obvious that I'm embarrassingly slow.

Everyone is so furious that every time I get bonked and dive bombed, they accrue penalties and have to back off again. Eventually I scrubbed too much speed on turn 4, and concede the inside to the faster driver but he had to serve his penalties on the last lap giving me the technical win. If the Sport lobby had shrug emojis I would have used them.

The pole position car tanked his SR from A to E. The entire grid, literally every car, had penalties and diminished SR rankings and somehow I got away with a clean racing bonus. I need to upload the video to my kids youtube account and share it. Watching the race from the pole position's perspective was insanely hilarious.

I am very much looking forward to this replay!!! :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its even worse chasing someone and pulling the biggest bone head move of all, braking at 150FT when the braking point is 100FT

Atleast you wouldn't affect someone else's race, so I think this isn't as bad as taking someone out of the race. Except if somebody behind you would be slipstreaming and crashing in the back of your car because the driver didn't expect you to brake this early.

I have a couple really embarrassing moments in this game, since I'm usually streaming it, I always have videos of it afterwards! I'll share 2 of these moments.

First we have what's probably my biggest mistake ever. It's during the final race of a league, which was a 1 hour 30 minute race on the Nürburgring 24H layout. I'm starting in 5th place, have a great battle with 4th and 3rd for about 40 minutes, I finally get into 3rd place, and start getting some space between me and the guy in 4th, we're coming up to the start finish line, and a random person joins the lobby, which distracted me and I was like "Why would you join a private lobby?" as I was driving past the pits with 0.3 laps fuel remaining.... Link if people want to watch it:

Second we have a daily race around the Nordschleife from just a couple days ago, since there's often not enough time between races to do another qualifying lap, I was just messing around on track doing random stuff, I then went on Heavy Wet tyres, just to see the difference and do something while I was waiting for the race to begin, and since I'm streaming I was just talking to chat, totally forgetting all about having changed tyres... I get into the race, start going, and then I feel my force feedback being really weird and weak, I don't understand why until I fly off track and into a wall, I then look down and see that I'm still on wet tyres.... Luckily I had just lost a lot of SR a couple races earlier, so I was in a pretty slow lobby and I managed to still get a top5! Short clip of me noticing that I'm on wet tyres:

Full race if you want to see it all:

Atleast you wouldn't affect someone else's race, so I think this isn't as bad as taking someone out of the race. Except if somebody behind you would be slipstreaming and crashing in the back of your car because the driver didn't expect you to brake this early.

Even if you do not take anyone out it is no less embarrassing crawling into a braking zone.

I picked a drift car for last week's manufacturers. See a short clip of my top 24 race going down the drain here:

I qualified on pole, ended up way down by lap 6 (the pit stop lap). Due to drifting around the last corner again someone ended up on my inside so I had to do a 7th lap on the full red rear tyres. You can see how that went at 39:30 (the uploader has already pitted btw). I finished in a respectable 24th place.

My biggest blunder was when I started out in Sport mode. I just learned the advantages of short shifting in fuel races. I told my friends about it but they didn’t believe me so I tried to show them.

It was a FIA race at Bathurst. I started on P3 but the guys in front of me were quite a bit faster in qualifying. Fortunately, they battled each other which enabled me to keep up with them and short shift. When they went to pit they were about 2 seconds in front. I managed to stay out 1 more lap and came out 1 second ahead of them. My plan went perfectly. That was when I lost the plot.

Driving down mountain straight I was thinking that I need a video of this for my friends. In the heat of the moment it didn’t occur to me that I could save the replay at the end of the race. So I opened the share menu:D
By the time I realized that the car went into auto drive I was already P3. In disbelief of what I just did, I spent the rest of the race furiously trying to chase them down. Without taking my strategy into account. Long story short. I had to drive the last lap on fuel map 6 and finished P9.

What a perfectly executed strategy:cheers:

I did save the replay but never showed it to anyone

Doing Race A this morning with my alternate account, and going for the 6th clean race in a row. I didn't qualify as I wanted to make sure I started as close to the back as possible, and I wanted the in game reward by 'cheating'.

So, I start last, let the field get away, and get up to speed. Totally spaced out on the first corner (chicane), missed my braking point and noticed the 100m sign. Bang, into the wall. Clean race gone!!!

Bugger!!!!!

I am very much looking forward to this replay!!! :D:D

Here it is. I guess my memory was a bit off. The guy causing chaos wasn't the pole position. Here's his view anyways. In his defense it looks like he lagged out pretty bad so from his perspective other people may have started it and then he went full ham revenge mode.

I'm Xamot, the white car in the video.

Last edited:
2nd last lap i tried the Donut on the finish line thinking its the last lap.

Yes lost the lead and finished 4th i think.

So embarrassing.

You forgot to add "tried the finish line victory donut with 2nd and 3rd place watching and thinking "why is he doing a donut on the penultimate lap""
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I hate when that happens!!

Here it is. I guess my memory was a bit off. The guy causing chaos wasn't the pole position. Here's his view anyways. In his defense it looks like he lagged out pretty bad so from his perspective other people may have started it and then he went full ham revenge mode.

I'm Xamot, the white car in the video.

rameverythinginsight36 is going to be banned for life if he was reported for this race and the powers that be see it, I don't think he missed anything. In his defense its possible the throttle was stuck wide open and he had no brakes. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night, Gr.2 at Monza. (Sport Race B).

Before the first chicane on the first lap. As is pretty well always the case, the field bunches up towards the braking area. The space is towards the outside, whereas I prefer to try to be on the inside.

So full pelt, watching out for the chaos that normally ensues. But this time I create it - as the car in front moves in front of me, and starts braking at about the 300m. I manage to avoid ramming him by suddenly moving left, causing my NSX to spin into the barrier, and then sideways through everyone in the chicane. I'm reset, as the rest of the field passes through, and awarded with a 27 sec penalty, which quickly goes up to 31 seconds as I forget to let it run down. By the time I reach the Lesmos I'm very very far behind second to last.

Somehow, I didn't finish last, maybe 10th or 11th.

A week, or so ago at one-make Huracan Yamigawa reverse daily race, I miscounted the laps. After crossing the line for lap 3, I let off the throttle and put the controller down. I only realized there was one more lap to go when my car hit the wall at the end of the straight. :embarrassed:

A week, or so ago at one-make Huracan Yamigawa reverse daily race, I miscounted the laps. After crossing the line for lap 3, I let off the throttle and put the controller down. I only realized there was one more lap to go when my car hit the wall at the end of the straight. :embarrassed:

I have a bad habit of doing that in campaign mode only thing different is that I will spin the car out across the Start/Finish line using the E-brake, then I have to catch up and pass all the cars that got by me during my stunt to finish first, again.

As a side note with GT1 and GT2 my kids and myself were always playing. They always wanted to race "right now" when I was in the middle of a race, i would put the car into a sideways skid pointing right at the wall, hit the pause button, then tell 1 of my 2 sons they can even finish my race. I would let them know that I was in the lead and that they should be able to win easily. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This was a while back. Started 14th at Nurburgring GP in Gr. 4. I somehow managed to get to 6th by the first corner. Unfortunately due to the slipstream, I braked way, way, way too late and had to handbrake turn into the wall so I wouldn't hit anyone. I'm just glad nobody else's race was ruined because I'm a moron who can't drive! Pretty sure there was someone from this forum in that race, too.

Back