Emoticon loading issues, only few being displayed correctly.

Portugal
Valongo
Hcclipper
I am posting this thread regarding a recent issue which has arisen with the website's emoticon feature. Whenever a certain page/post with emoticons is loaded, several of the website's emoticons do not load, leaving only a "broken image" symbol and the code behind said emoticon (if the emoticon is posted in a signature and/or post). Up until this week's wednesday, the emoticon feature was working correctly, with no loading issues.

I do not know if this is related to the issue or not, but my cousin had to perform a Windows startup recovery, after he had told me that a recent batch of computer updates caused my PC to freeze on startup, with the screen not making it past the "Windows symbol" stage. It was after such moment when I noticed the emoticon issues, after returning home and opening my Internet browser. I use the Mozilla Firefox browser, updated to its latest edition. I have tried to clean the Internet cache, using CCleaner, but the problem persists, with only a few emoticons being displayed properly. As a visual proof of this issue, here's a screencap;

Emoticon loading issues.png

As you can see, only a handful of icons is being displayed properly, while the rest fails to show up in their intended form.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for any inconvenience.

See this thread for more information. It looks like the same issue.

It does indeed seem like it is the same issue, then that makes this thread somewhat redunant. I will try some of the solutions in the thread mentioned, and hopefully understand the problem better.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Back