End of GT5 Coming soon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeano182
  • 42 comments
  • 3,262 views
Messages
7
Ok, with sony looking like they are going to unveil the new playstation on 20th feb and from lots of rumours saying realease of ps4 will be late 2013, how much life has GT5 actually got left? Yes i know that GT6 will probably not be a launch game but alot of us will buy the ps4 just to have that next gen console. In 1 years time are the lobbys of GT5 going to be as baron as a transvestites knickers? Who is going ti keep playing it and forget about the PS4 until GT6 has arrived?

I guess what i am trying to ask is how long do you think gt5 has left and online content updates etc as the realease of ps4 is about 9 months away....... Apparently.
 
Hard to say as there is little historic information to go on that will tell us how PD will react once the next gen GT is released but the GT5P community still seems to be quite strong.

We don't know yet how backward compatible the new platform will be, if that is in fact what Sony will be announcing, but switching to a new platform need not necessarily be connected with the longevity of GT5. There is a HUGE user base out there on GT5 so I doubt it will switch off any-time soon.

Maybe I should say I hope it doesn't switch off any-time soon :)
 
Zeano182
Ok, with sony looking like they are going to unveil the new playstation on 20th feb and from lots of rumours saying realease of ps4 will be late 2013, how much life has GT5 actually got left? Yes i know that GT6 will probably not be a launch game but alot of us will buy the ps4 just to have that next gen console. In 1 years time are the lobbys of GT5 going to be as baron as a transvestites knickers? Who is going ti keep playing it and forget about the PS4 until GT6 has arrived?

I guess what i am trying to ask is how long do you think gt5 has left and online content updates etc as the realease of ps4 is about 9 months away....... Apparently.

I dont know how barren their knickers are cant answer this one.
 
Zeano182
Like a fish net..... That the fish has escaped out of.

I think referring to fish In that context makes it worse.
 
I'm not buying a PS4 before GT6 comes out. Also did that with the PS3.

But really wondering if a single game is worth buying a new console every time...
 
I'm not buying a PS4 before GT6 comes out. Also did that with the PS3.

But really wondering if a single game is worth buying a new console every time...

Me too - especially with memories of pre spec 2 GT5 still burning - like the tires once they got hot!!:lol:
 
End of GT5? People are still playing GT(1).

Gran Turismo never ends.
 
daan
End of GT5? People are still playing GT(1).

Gran Turismo never ends.

Ill have to agree with this I have a ps2 being held for me to pickup on the weekend with a copy of gt3 and 4 cant wait.
 
I honestly doubt that the end of GT5 is soon. As we know PD takes there sweet time doing what they do, right? Now if they do unveil the PS4 it probably wont be released till late summer, early fall so they can get the Christmas sales.

I honestly doubt it will be this year Rockstar just announced GTA5 not to long ago. Do you honestly think Sony is gonna pull the plug that soon?

And then how many years was the PS3 out before we finally got GT5?

I truly doubt the game will die this year:cheers:
 
GT5 lobbies will most surely be populated until Gt6 comes out. Whenever that may be. There's nothing to worry about.
 
As soon as PS4 comes out, PS3 prices will drop and we will likely see a wave of new PS3 users. As soon as GT6 comes out, GT5 prices will drop (further) and we will likely see a wave of new GT5 users. There probably won't be many more online updates for GT5 but I'm pretty confident GT5 will be alive and well for some time.

I don't plan on buying a PS4 until GT6 comes out, at the very soonest... probably later. I like to wait for the heady launch prices to drop before sinking that much cash into something that's only a casual hobby (for me).
 
I would think a drop in GT5 gamers when the next PlayStation is released. Then nearly every GT racer will switch when GT6 is released.
 
End of GT5? People are still playing GT(1).

Gran Turismo never ends.

I would think a drop in GT5 gamers when the next PlayStation is released. Then nearly every GT racer will switch when GT6 is released.

When GT6 drops, GT5 will be all but done. GT6 will sell 7 million copies in the first month and unless it's fatally flawed, everyone will put GT5 in the closet never to be seen again. Until that time, GT5 will continue along pretty much as it does now, with the hardcore guys like us still carrying the torch, with the odd newcomer straggling in once in a while.
 
I will stay here, on GT5
 
I will be playing GT5 until GT6 comes out, at least.
 
Iam not going to buy the ps4 so iam staying with gt5.
 
I've only had my ps3 for six weeks and i got just for GT5'ae' and i only waited this long because i didn't want to pay £200 plus just to play one game, only paid £120 for my 12gb super slim.

I still have my ps2 slim setup next to ps3 and have all GT games in the series and i still play them all from time to time, i will never give up playing Gran Turismo. (I also have a collection of other ps1/ps2 racing games)

I too, will not be buying any ps4 on launch, i will play the waiting game for GT6 and still won't get it then unless prices are at a reasonable level, and then with all the speculation about not being able to play second hand games, if true, i may not bother at all and give up on sony and any new consoles. (I have a PC for gaming)

Playstation is all I've ever had since my NES & SNES over 20 yrs ago.
 
I don't have enough money for a new console! I'll be on GT5 for a loo(snip)oong time. I don't think that it will be released this year, either. It's not pong, anymore. We already can hardly see the pixels.
 
If GT6 is on the PS3 I will buy it. If GT6 is PS4 only I will continue with GT5 until Project Cars comes out on PS3 and even then I'll still alternate between the two.
 
from lots of rumours saying realease of ps4 will be late 2013

About this...


Sony plans release of PlayStation 4 for Christmas


Sony is finalizing development work on its PlayStation 4, a games console it hopes will help it recover market share against increased competition from smartphones and rival entertainment giants such as Nintendo Co.

Sources said Sony plans to get the console into stores in time for this year's Christmas shopping season.

Andrew House, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., will announce the launch at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York on Feb. 20.
 
^ Lets hope they do, cause imo, releasing the PS4 in time for the Christmas season is VERY reasonable and a smart decision. 👍
 
^ Lets hope they do, cause imo, releasing the PS4 in time for the Christmas season is VERY reasonable and a smart decision. 👍

I hope I'm that rich to buy the PS4 and GT6 but it ain't happening.
 
How could GT6 be a launch title? They're not even done with GT5 yet. Unless they have been secretly working on GT6 ever since GT5 came out, GT6 won't be for another 3-4 years at the earliest.
 
I doubt that the lobbies will die with just the release of the PS4. Seems like there are a lot of people who are more tired of buying new consoles than looking forward to them. I know even if GT6 is amazing that this time around there are going to have to be a few great games for PS4 before I consider dropping that kind of money again. I don't think buying my PS3 was a mistake, but considering GT5 is the only PS3 exclusive I own, I don't see how my PS3 is the end all of consoles, therefore I'm going to need more convincing to buy a PS4 than I did with my PS3.
 
Yeah, I'm gonna need Sony to have it's usual problems with release dates and then I'll wait another year and read about however this next-gen console decides to make it's mark in the tradition of the legendary "YLOD" and hopefully by then a few updates will have occured, GTA5 and GT6 will be out and if by then I'm not dead I'll convince the wife that the "full entertainment center experience" will be the last (again) electronic whatnot we'd ever have to buy:)
 
I make a point of never buying a 'just out' product. I've seen people caught with issues on the 'latest thing' that are solved in later versions of the same product.

I'll likely give it a year and if there is no avalanche of horror stories then I'll certainly buy PS4, providing a GT6 is available of course.

The PS3 is the best thing I've bought for a long time.
 
Last edited:
GT6 will take a long time to develop to make it better than gt5 so who thinks PD has had long enough.
 
GT6 will take a long time to develop to make it better than gt5 so who thinks PD has had long enough.

WOW! what a thread killer!:lol:
That just got nominated for "Question of the Year" :lol::lol: :cheers:
 
Back