Endurance help, plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigboymccoy06
  • 18 comments
  • 1,082 views
Messages
1
how do I make the 3x speed magnifier work over pit stops, I hate having to go back to the tv every ten minutes during 24 hour nurburgring,


any help would be appreciatred,


and why does the manual say 5x, is that possible?
 
bigboymccoy06
how do I make the 3x speed magnifier work over pit stops
You can't!
bigboymccoy06
and why does the manual say 5x, is that possible?
Not as far as I know.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
Quite right. "You can't" and "No", in that order.
 
geez, you mean even in B-spec you gotta tend to the game for every pit stop? Might as well A-spec it.
 
And in fact I did.

[smug :D]
 
The point of B-Spec is not making endurance races easier. It's a racing manager mode, where you're supposed to tell your driver what to do. The fact that most people use this to pass races they don't want to do by themselves doesn't change that. And have you ever seen a racing manager tell his driver what to do before the race starts, and then leave? I haven't! :D

Regards
the Interceptor
 
and why does the manual say 5x, is that possible?

The manual does not say you can speed the race upto 5X to make it go faster, the manual says you have 5 speeds to tell you driver to drive, x5 being the fastest so he pushes the hardest.
 
Wrong! the manual says "Players have the option to speed up the race up to x5 times, in comparison the Broadcast View can only be seen in x1 times speed." The manual also says at the bottom of the Table of Contents "The contents of this manual are based on a near complete version of Gran Turismo 4..."

However the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.).
 
UberDude
"The contents of this manual are based on a near complete version of Gran Turismo 4..."

However the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.).

Then it's not wrong. They just simplyfied it..
Wonder why they didn't go for 5x for B-Spec speed...


Oh, not to sound like a "wiseguy" or anything, but it' probably made hundreds of threads like this before..
 
UberDude
However the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.).
This make me more convince that the manual writer does indeed not involved in game design. They just some people that have some note and beta GT4 to play with.
 
UberDude
Wrong! the manual says "Players have the option to speed up the race up to x5 times, in comparison the Broadcast View can only be seen in x1 times speed." The manual also says at the bottom of the Table of Contents "The contents of this manual are based on a near complete version of Gran Turismo 4..."

However the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.).

Mine is fine.. Here a scan of it..



The picture is rather large, I could not make it smaller as the text become unreadable for some reason.
 
the Interceptor
The point of B-Spec is not making endurance races easier. It's a racing manager mode, where you're supposed to tell your driver what to do. The fact that most people use this to pass races they don't want to do by themselves doesn't change that. And have you ever seen a racing manager tell his driver what to do before the race starts, and then leave? I haven't! :D

Regards
the Interceptor
So if I'm the manager can I fire my idiot driver? :dunce:
 
Well, you can stop using it, it's kind of "fired". :sly:
 
the Interceptor
Well, you can stop using it, it's kind of "fired". :sly:
Then I'd have to quit my job to make money to buy more cars in GT4 :P

I just let my B-spec Bob try to win a race in the GT Championships (R92C) and it can't come better then 4th place in anything. It's absurd. I can even give him pole and he loses it by the second lap or so. Tough field though of a Minolta and 2 R89C's. Still though I can give him a half lap advantage and pit and he still loses it. I have never been able to win any GTC races in anything other then A-Spec in any car.

On topic, How fast does the B-spec driver react to speed change commands? Like turn it up to 5 to pass real quick and then back it off to 2. I can't seem to tell since my racer is a factory reject. The 5 numbers up top don't have anything to do with speed with my driver, it's just a crash factor. 1x means crash onece. 2x means twice, 5x means "push" -the around, etc :P Anyways it's not a big deal. I'm just curious as I usually only use B-Spec on El Capitan enduro for money (did the first time in A-Spec to win the minolta for B-spec Bob to drive).
 
sucahyo
This make me more convince that the manual writer does indeed not involved in game design. They just some people that have some note and beta GT4 to play with.


Sometimes they don't even get to play the game. A graphic design company i have done work for designed the 'Thrasher: Skate & Destroy' and 'Civilisation 4' front cover and manual. They never got to play the game as far as I am aware.
 
Bob seems to react fairly quickly for me. If I have Bob racing on 3 or 4 and I notice he's loosing it on a certain turn, I'll wait until just a few seconds before the turn and switch to 1 or 2 and he'll make the turn then I'll move him right back up to 3 or 4. This requires managment unless he's going fast enough on 1 or 2 to win the race.

I used Bob to do the last series in the Professional area. I got him Pole most of the time and only won the series by 1 point! :scared: Had to try this series twice to win it. Lost first time by several mistakes on my part.
 
eiriksmil
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDude
"The contents of this manual are based on a near complete version of Gran Turismo 4..."

However the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.).

Then it's not wrong. They just simplyfied it..
Wonder why they didn't go for 5x for B-Spec speed...


Oh, not to sound like a "wiseguy" or anything, but it' probably made hundreds of threads like this before..

alright, i said this in the wrong order.
it should be "the manual is wrong about many other things too (2-player B-spec, oil lamp in B-spec, etc.)

however it said on the table of contents 'The contents of this manual are based on a near complete version of Gran Turismo 4...'."
 
Back