Endurance League- Broken AI?

• Thread starter Timlour
  • 23 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Timlour
Apparently the AI in the Endurance League would rather coast at 50m mph with no fuel than actually race. That's what happened when I was racing at La Sarthe in the Gr.1 endurance races. The AI would pit and put new tires on, but they would not refuel. By the end of the race, I was 6 laps ahead of 2nd place. This is just ridiculous, especially since the AI would refuel before. How does this happen? Did PD mess something up in the AI programming with the recent update?

At this point I really wish they would just take the Endurance League out of the game. This is not fun, nor is this worth the credits.

I ran into this in the 911 GT3 RS event at LM. I love the longer events, but this was a pain. It was like racing a grid full of '62 Beetles...

Hmmm. 911 GT3RS at la Sarthe with fuel at 6 and RH's- could you no-stop it with a really light foot? The event is time-limited, right? Still a long slog for a limited payout. You'd have to trust that bug would take effect at the first pit for the AI's. I'm not really a fan of gaming the system for my own gain, though. I'd probably re-run this once the bug is fixed.

Sounds like a good time to start grinding enduro races with max power reduction lol
I raced an N100 Miata against Gr1’s in a 20 minute endurance and only earned 240,000 for winning.

The Blue Moon race gives you more in 12 minutes.

Back to pretending that $20 million cars don’t exist :ill:

I raced an N100 Miata against Gr1’s in a 20 minute endurance and only earned 240,000 for winning.

It would be fast, but my god is it mind numbing. I like the longer races anyways, and if you are able to make a little more out it, why not? Hopefully this is sort out soon, but not to soon so I can do this next weekend after I get through some more Horizon 4 lol

Only 240K not enough to be bothered, did you got the clean race bonus?
PD payout system is completely stupid, you get 375K for beating road cars on an oval track in a under 12 minutes race in a N300 and get 240K for beating Gr1's in a N100 car in 20 minutes of racing, really PD!!!!!!!!!

Same for me on a 15min endurance event in the last missions... They go out without fuel and are ultra slow
Yes. Doing that one now at BMB. AI fill to 1 Lap. Run out of fuel and pit for, 1 Lap of fuel again.

Can confirm, the LM Porsche race turns into a semi Sierra GT6 Time Rally with the cars suddenly losing speed, lots of crashes

Can confirm, the LM Porsche race turns into a semi Sierra GT6 Time Rally with the cars suddenly losing speed, lots of crashes
Confirmed. Did that one yesterday.
What really bites is, Golding the missions, I got all VGT cars. Deleted them all straight away.

Did the Fuji group 3 race and the AI refueled and behaved normally. Guess it depends on the race or track.
Probably because that was the latest endurance event added along with the fuel modification while the rest got left behind with the update.

Did the Fuji group 3 race and the AI refueled and behaved normally. Guess it depends on the race or track.
Noticed the same. So yeah, the way this race is handled is definitely different from the rest. Or has anybody tried any of the other races? I haven't read about the other non-timed races yet, maybe it has something to do with that as well? (although what @Loverson said makes more sense than my theory)
PD payout system is completely stupid, you get 375K for beating road cars on an oval track in a under 12 minutes race in a N300 and get 240K for beating Gr1's in a N100 car in 20 minutes of racing, really PD!!!!!!!!!
This might sound a bit stupid to you, but the GT League races can't be compared in terms of payout to the custom races. Otherwise you could also complain why driving the Sunday Cup doesn't earn you half as much money as an Arcade Race would. Instead of an formula to calculate a payout deemed fair, they decided to manually set how much you can earn, possibly to incentivize players to race those themed events. The custom races were also abused early on in the game's life span, so that might be another reason why they nerfed those payouts. Better be safe than sorry.
PD has a lot to work on with this game (yes, also in the payout department), but the difference in payout between those two types of races is something they will always run into issues with.

Noticed the same. So yeah, the way this race is handled is definitely different from the rest. Or has anybody tried any of the other races? I haven't read about the other non-timed races yet, maybe it has something to do with that as well? (although what @Loverson said makes more sense than my theory)

This might sound a bit stupid to you, but the GT League races can't be compared in terms of payout to the custom races. Otherwise you could also complain why driving the Sunday Cup doesn't earn you half as much money as an Arcade Race would. Instead of an formula to calculate a payout deemed fair, they decided to manually set how much you can earn, possibly to incentivize players to race those themed events. The custom races were also abused early on in the game's life span, so that might be another reason why they nerfed those payouts. Better be safe than sorry.
PD has a lot to work on with this game (yes, also in the payout department), but the difference in payout between those two types of races is something they will always run into issues with.

I don't know what how the game was in the beginning only started playing it at August, so no exploits here, still I think my argument is valid, endurance race with Gr1on a N100 car(this is the proof that this game is broken, why would anyone race a Mazda roadster against hybrid monster) and win gives far less money then beating a group of super cars in a oval track, there's no comparison possible, still this is the game we've got you can use whatever tyres you want to beat a half dead AI

Probably because that was the latest endurance event added along with the fuel modification while the rest got left behind with the update.
The glitch only occurs in timed endurance races. The race described here is based on laps, so it will be unaffected.

This has been covered in the GTSport Bugs thread

The glitch only occurs in timed endurance races. The race described here is based on laps, so it will be unaffected.

This has been covered in the GTSport Bugs thread

Thanks for clarifying. :cheers:

I tried the Porsche endurance at Suzuka yesterday which is 30 laps which was unaffected as you say. I've only those 3 Porsche races to win as I just can't control that thing for 30 laps without spinning it out especially at the Suzuka hairpin :dunce:.
I can drive the other 2 911s without any major issue :crazy:. It feels like cheating but I was hoping to finally get those completed. I guess I'll have to keep trying and spinning then :nervous:

Back