Endurance Race #1

• Thread starter waggles
  • 38 comments
snrsgtmol
They're for idiots.
The Endurance Race for GT5P is now available, an with a couple of classes to choose from, it's fairer than ever!

To do these races, go into Arcade Mode, select Quick Race, and an approximate guess as to which set of opponents you get.(It doesn't matter, you only need the time at the end)

G25 users MUST use the paddle-shifters or the sequential shifter if the class you enter hasn't got G25 in the name

Class 400PP Max:
R3 Tires
20 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

Times:
1st:homeforsummer@55:08.221 w/Daihatsu OFC-1 400PP
2nd:homeforsummer@56:41:777 w/ Suzuki Cervo 400PP
3rd:

Class 500PP Max:
R3 Tires
20 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

Times:
1st:homeforsummer@49:31.844 w/AR 147 Ti 500PP
2nd:Ardius@50:40.944 w/Suzuki Swift Sport 500PP
3rd:

Class 600PP Max G25:
R3 Tires
35 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

1st:Ardius@1:19:56.342 w/ Honda NSX Type R 600PP
2nd:
3rd:

Class 650PP Max G25:
R3 Tires
35 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

Class 7500PP Max G25:
R3 Tires
40 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

Class F2007 Max G25:
R3 Tires
50 Laps
Suzuka Circuit

Class F2007 FS G25
R3 Tires
50 Laps
Fuji Speedway F

Simply submit time, PP, vehicle, picture if possible, and class in your post.

Races end 1st July Midnight GMT.

Good idea, but I think you posted this thread in the wrong forum. It should be moved to "Race Events." Perhaps you should ask a mod to move it for you. Anyway, good luck with this event.

You got me all worked up..I thought this was online..

I'm confused, why do the tires get less grippy as the classes go up? So the more top end cars that you'll get in 700, race car standard almost, will be on worse tires then 400PP shopping carts? Literally shopping carts theyd have like 50bhp :lol:

argh, thought that was online too, was just planning on how to tell my gf that i wont have time for a few things this week LOL oh well. :)

Chris

ps: I hope we will get endurance events online in the future! GT5 :D

I like this idea but maybe a good idea to ask for a photo of the time too? No harm in a little proof.

Secrets and lies! I also thought the online events had changed without my realising.:lol: But hey, I might give 400 PP on R3 tyres a go.:dopey: Maybe now cars like the Daihatsu Copen will have a purpose in the game.:dopey: So we just go into quick race, set the number of laps and a full grid of oppoents? Then we race that race and record our time? Getting a picture would be a pain, but sometimes proof is quite necessary in these things. Now I have to go and test which 400 PP car will be conistently the fastest out of all the Daihatsus and Suzukis.

I'm confused, why do the tires get less grippy as the classes go up? So the more top end cars that you'll get in 700, race car standard almost, will be on worse tires then 400PP shopping carts? Literally shopping carts theyd have like 50bhp :lol:

Yeah, that really doesn't make sense....is it an attempt to keep the times closer together or something (good luck trying to keep F2007's close to Daihatsu's)? It makes no sense either way.
The whole point of a class race is to enable a multiple car field to have several winning positions, rather than just one. All the classes below the top one hardly ever try and win 1st position although they do race to keep their position in the whole field, not just in class.

i was thinking the exact same thing, i was about to go turn the ps3 on. :crazy:

but, but, that means that you actually turned off your ps3 :crazy:
Ah, well, accidents happen i guess ;)

(just to clarify, i set my ps3 to 'folding at home' when i turn myself in for the night, i don't mean leave your ps3 on if it's just idling)

Right, am I the first to post an endurance race result? Appears so.

Anyway,

Car: Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Class: 400PP max
Fastest lap: 2:42.419
Race time: 55:08.221

400PP setup (also to prove I was on 400PP as the car does go over this with minimum weight and maximum power settings)
n61206378_37557949_3859.jpg

Photo paused after crossing the line, fastest lap was on the very last lap
n61206378_37557950_4121.jpg

Proof of race time, and finishing order of race (sorry the photo isn't very clear!)
n61206378_37557951_4385.jpg

Race end notes: The race wasn't entirely clean. I managed to pass most of the field by the end of lap one, and then the Suzuki Swift by the end of lap two. After that, all was fine until lap 15, I was losing interest in the race and made a mistake at the first corner, losing 11 seconds in the gravel (based on my race pace at the time). Then I discovered that I could go quicker too - I'd been changing up early most of the race because it seemed to put the car in the torque, but I did a few laps of revving it harder and started knocking a second and a half off my previous best race lap...

EDIT

I did another enduro race.

Car: Alfa Romeo 147 ti TLD tuned
Class: 500PP max
Fastest lap: 2:26.091
Race time: 49:31.844

Images in same format as before (apologies for even poorer quality than before!):
n61206378_37560323_8992.jpg

n61206378_37560324_9292.jpg

n61206378_37560325_9580.jpg

Race notes: Not pleased about the race at all. The first third of the race was fine, but I made a couple of mistakes on lap 7, then found myself getting very tired and losing concentration, and my laps were consistantly three seconds slower than they were at the start of the race. People here should find no trouble beating the race time.

Incidentally, any problems with the same driver competing in a few different cars? I'd just like to try others than the OFC in 400PP and Alfa in 500. I mean I know there's nothing stopping me doing it anyway, just in the spirit of the competition...

Erm, homeforsummer, how come you only did 20 laps for the PP500 race? You're meant to do 30!

Will be posting a PP600 time soon, a PP500 one later, although Im not sure whether to race 20 or 30 laps because of ^

:dunce:

Whoops...

Erm... just do 20. 30 laps for PP500 will make you fall asleep.

Haha, ok, cool. 30 laps is no problem for me, but to save you from having to re-do it, ill do 20 :)
Just in the middle of my 35 laps for PP600, not doing bad.

Edit: PP600 race done:
PP Class: 600
Car used: Honda NSX Type R '02
Total Time: 1:19'56.342
Best lap: 2'14.871

Not really an eventful race, started lapping the field at about lap 11 and finished lapping them all by lap 21, just before the second place NSX started its own lapping. Made a few mistakes here and there, had about 5 or so small offs which didn't really lose me much time, but still. Never ended up pointing the wrong direction at least, and I was never in the sand more than 5 seconds, so all cool.

Haha, ok, cool. 30 laps is no problem for me, but to save you from having to re-do it, ill do 20 :)

Nice one on the PP600 race, I'll probs try that next. Cheers for compromising on the PP500 race...I don't really have a problem with 30 laps in PP500, after all I've done plenty of endurance races on GT2/3/4 before, but when I did that PP500 race I'd had a long day and I literally was falling asleep! I managed to run into the back of a car in the esses because I wasn't concentrating on how quickly I was coming up to the back of it :crazy:

Done my PP500 stint:
Car: Suzuki Swift Sport '07
PP Class: 500
Total Time: 50'40.945
Best Lap: 2'29.871

I'm quite proud of this time, seeing as it's only 1.9 minutes behind homeforsummer's Alfa 147! I may even try again and beat his time! Fully didn't expect the Swift to be able to come that close to it, if only I'd not made as many mistakes.
Anyone using a 147 or an Elise will beat this time, I did it just to see how well I would do with the Swift, and also because this was a good excuse to have another drive around in this fun car!

I'm quite proud of this time, seeing as it's only 1.9 minutes behind homeforsummer's Alfa 147! I may even try again and beat his time! Fully didn't expect the Swift to be able to come that close to it, if only I'd not made as many mistakes.
Anyone using a 147 or an Elise will beat this time, I did it just to see how well I would do with the Swift, and also because this was a good excuse to have another drive around in this fun car!

That is a nice time, for a second I was convinced you'd beaten me! I never liked the handling of the Swift until I'd used the TLD tune on it. Incidentally, I used the TLD Alfa tune for that race. I'd like to have a go at the race in the Elise actually, it does lose out significantly in power so I'd wonder if the handling would make up for it. It always used to for me in online races before they made PP500 run on shoddy tyres...

I actually picked the Alfa as I thought it would be one of the slower FF PP500 cars. Things like the Focus, Integra, Mini, Atenza etc all seem quicker.

I'm tempted to run the Golf Mk4 too actually, that was always good fun online beating the Integra masses :sly:

That is a nice time, for a second I was convinced you'd beaten me! I never liked the handling of the Swift until I'd used the TLD tune on it. Incidentally, I used the TLD Alfa tune for that race. I'd like to have a go at the race in the Elise actually, it does lose out significantly in power so I'd wonder if the handling would make up for it. It always used to for me in online races before they made PP500 run on shoddy tyres...

I actually picked the Alfa as I thought it would be one of the slower FF PP500 cars. Things like the Focus, Integra, Mini, Atenza etc all seem quicker.

I'm tempted to run the Golf Mk4 too actually, that was always good fun online beating the Integra masses :sly:

I'm currently trying to work out which car would work best for PP700, its a funny PP value because its beyond most of the super cars (F40, GT-R, etc) but getting too low for the tuned cars (Viper/Tuned, etc).
I might just give up and just do the F2007 ones.

I don't fancy PP400 because of the limited car choice, but I'll probably do it to see if I can beat you there. :mischievous:

Hehe it probably woudn't be hard to beat me on that one, all you need is a clean race! I reckon the OFC-1, Cappuccino, Copen and Cervo (the only ones elligible?) are all pretty evenly matched, though I did test drive each beforehand to see which I'd prefer. Hint: I didn't pick the quickest, but I did pick the second quickest! I do fancy doing the race in the Cervo, as it's the most unlikely race car in the game.

Good times, everyone! 14 days to go, we need a couple more players up the high end of the field...

Just to bump the numbers I did another PP400 race today, here are the screens.

PP Class: 400
Car used: Suzuki Cervo
Total Time: 56'41.777
Best lap: 2'46.985

Screens:
n61206378_37688465_4750.jpg

n61206378_37688466_5051.jpg

n61206378_37688467_5340.jpg

As you can see, I didn't actually win this race, and it was quite close too! I managed to get through the pack at the start, but on lap two the Alfa 147 had cleared them too and set about hunting me down. I was much quicker on the corners but losing out at least 60-70bhp -my top speed in the race without a tow was only 99mph! With a tow the highest I got was 105mph. The Alfa passed on lap 4 and on lap 5 I made a little mistake allowing the Mazda Atenza past too, and they both cleared off into the distance. By lap ten we were all starting to get into traffic, and I started to claw my way back towards the two red hatches,and whilst they were in traffic on lap 19 I passed the Alfa as he was passing a back-marker, and I set about on the Atenza. On the 20th lap at the hairpin I out-accelerated him but with a number of fast sections left I didn't have a chance and had to settle for second at the finish, the Alfa coming in 3rd.

The Cervo is clearly the slowest car in the game, my fastest lap in this race (which involved a couple of tows and very little braking!) is still 4.5 second slower than my best in the OFC-1, and I ended the race 1'33 behind the OFC-1 time, not to mention being slower than the Atenza. However, it's slowness certainly made the race more of a challenge!

On the weekend, I'm doing one for the f2007s, and maybe one for the 650pp too.

How come you haven't updated the PP400 and PP500 times yet? Also, theres a PP650 class? I want!
Lastly, can we change the PP700 to be PP750? 700 is an odd value, I can't find any car that can actually be upgraded to 700, only downgraded.

Back