Endurance Race: El Captain 200 Miles

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJ-CiviC
  • 28 comments
  • 1,519 views

DJ-CiviC

(Banned)
Messages
677
Hey guys, yesterday I've finally reach the 25% completition to open the endurance races hall (i know i'mma bit slow cause i was just racing in track meets, takin time to enjoy the game :P). So I want to win the Minolta for going on the 24h Nurburgring endurance. First I need to do the El Captain 200 Miles to win the Minolta. I was wondering which car would be appropriate to do this endurance and what settings/what mod should I put on it. I'mma little worry about this race cause only standard and sports tires are allowed and I've always run with Racing tires. Due to my hardcore driving technics (braking very late), I cant afford sports tires because I'll go straight out the track... Besides of that, sports tires doesn't give me a good handling, to be honest, POOOOOOOOOR **** :scared: .

So lemme know whats your thoughts about it. Propose me a car :) But please, no RWD overpowered which always spining in 2nd gear or always spining out.. lol

Cause overpowered RWD goes like that ---> :nervous: :scared: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 
I just did this race today, used an Acura HSC with no mods at all, not even tires. I did it in B-Spec mode, but it was the best race I had in GT4 so far! I only got the lead with two laps to go, I had to stay throughout the whole race toggleing between speed 5 and 4, because on 3 the AI would beat me easily.

You´ll get 200 points using this car in A-Spec mode, and I guess it´s not so hard to do it since my B driver who sucks big time did it.

You can get this car as a prize on the Honda´s Type R Meeting Event. That´s how I got it.
 
TVR T350C. 198 a spec points and a good close race.
 
Just find cars that are usually listed in w/e endurance race ur doing. Get a Car with about the same hp with the other cars, and tires is a major concern as well. For endurance races use R1's and R2's. GL :)
 
Supren
Just find cars that are usually listed in w/e endurance race ur doing. Get a Car with about the same hp with the other cars, and tires is a major concern as well. For endurance races use R1's and R2's. GL :)

I think you didnt read well homey. I said i can only use standard or sports in this one. Try to read before posting man... lol
 
It's probably the second most covered endurance race. (Because apperently everyone but me needs to start a thread about their experience doing the Nurburgring 24h)

Seems like most people use the Suzuki GSX-R/4. I can vouch for the entertainment value of it.
 
Emohawk
It's probably the second most covered endurance race. (Because apperently everyone but me needs to start a thread about their experience doing the Nurburgring 24h)

Seems like most people use the Suzuki GSX-R/4. I can vouch for the entertainment value of it.

lol... In case you didnt notice, I didnt asked for opinion about my thread, but about my request... Thanks :)
 
Uh, Emohawk answered your request.
The Suzuki.

I personally used a SLR because I wanted to get the race done fast.
BTW, you can use the Minolta if you want on the 'Ring 24Hours, but the Falken GT-R or M3 GTR do really well on that enduramce.

My 2 cents.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Uh, Emohawk answered your request.
The Suzuki.

I personally used a SLR because I wanted to get the race done fast.
BTW, you can use the Minolta if you want on the 'Ring 24Hours, but the Falken GT-R or M3 GTR do really well on that enduramce.

My 2 cents.

Thanks bro. Yeah I was thinking about the M3 GTR too. Anyway, I'm already on El Captain, i've decided to put my 837 HP Skyline on the track. I wanted to use a fair car for the race but you know... lol... I want this to be done quick :P But yeah M3 GTR is on the list with the Minolta for the 24hours. Note, I'll be doing the 24hours live on a-spec. No b-spec. Would be crazy...
 
It can go by pretty fast, if you just drive around, or it did for me.

I haven't done the 24Hour races yet, but I'll do them sometime next month.
 
28/66 laps got a TVR from the 5th place in my face... Can't get the front, he dont want too lol

EDIT: finally got him :P
 
and i acquired the Toyota Minolta + 250,000$ cash :P
 
When it comes to Enduros, I tend not to try for points-heavy races after the incident at Motegi SS - after watching the Preview to check out the competition, I took my Audi R8 expecting tough competition ... and found it was worth just a handful of points. Me vs a Sauber C9, the rest of the feild begin made up of Camaro, Zonda, RX-7 and Impreza Race Cars, but despite the low points haul, it was still tough: though I lapped the Camaro 22 times, there was just half a second in it between me and the Sauber.

So when I get to El Capitan some time next week (three days off!), I'll just take an Impreza out for a spin.
 
Amuse S2000 R1, S1 tyres, 295bhp, (maybe 200kg ballast?? I had it in anyway but you may not need it) gets you a very very enjoyable drive (no overpowered cars here. 800bhp Skyline?? Overkill...)

You can beat the Motorsport Elise easily by pitting every 15laps, and you get 200 A-spec points and the Minolta. For the first 12 laps though, that Elise will be following you closely.

Goodness all round.
 
I know it's done, but I used the NSX-R concept road car.

Fun times. That was the first time using that car, and I'm in love with it!
 
Covette C5R is the one I used with sports tires and I had no problem doin that
 
I use a caddilac cien...you don't need a very powerful car to win that one.
Same goes for all the other enduros that only have an "A" or "B" license requirement.
 
bacalhau
I use a caddilac cien...you don't need a very powerful car to win that one.
Same goes for all the other enduros that only have an "A" or "B" license requirement.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

"Cadillac Cien" "not very powerful car"... what are you taking?? it has 700bhp... that's powerful in my book. Geez - I won with less than 300bhp.
 
RenesisEvo
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

"Cadillac Cien" "not very powerful car"... what are you taking?? it has 700bhp... that's powerful in my book. Geez - I won with less than 300bhp.

Lol, I mean that it's not one of those Le Mans or super-racing cars that can reach 380km/h or 1200 hp (dunno how much bhp)

But it's indeed a very fast car, but not one of those that you drool when you see their speed and hp, etc.
 
It looks like you have got your questions answered. Now on to the 'Ring!
 
Since the topic ventures into endurance races...

How much B-spec points (total points, machine points, couse points etc.)
do I need in order to have a competitive and competent B-spec driver?

I'll be using cars that are similar with the competition with minimal mods..
 
DJ-CiviC
I think you didnt read well homey. I said i can only use standard or sports in this one. Try to read before posting man... lol

woops my mistake
 
Y not instead just practice and get the turns right with street instead of asking such question like that. If u dont want RWD...then go 4WD i recommend the R34 Skyline or one of the Evos. FF if u like, ull get spanked, FF sucks in GT4. RWD is preferable the best in selection in over all handling and top end.
 
DJ-CiviC
Hey guys, yesterday I've finally reach the 25% completition to open the endurance races hall (i know i'mma bit slow cause i was just racing in track meets, takin time to enjoy the game :P). So I want to win the Minolta for going on the 24h Nurburgring endurance. First I need to do the El Captain 200 Miles to win the Minolta. I was wondering which car would be appropriate to do this endurance and what settings/what mod should I put on it. I'mma little worry about this race cause only standard and sports tires are allowed and I've always run with Racing tires. Due to my hardcore driving technics (braking very late), I cant afford sports tires because I'll go straight out the track... Besides of that, sports tires doesn't give me a good handling, to be honest, POOOOOOOOOR **** :scared: .

So lemme know whats your thoughts about it. Propose me a car :) But please, no RWD overpowered which always spining in 2nd gear or always spining out.. lol

Cause overpowered RWD goes like that ---> :nervous: :scared: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
well what i did was a little wussy, i just took a over powered Ford GT '05, put it on fast, and overtake. went to bed, woke up with a Minolta... end of story..
 
Back