Endurance race question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 9 comments
  • 966 views
Messages
2,642
In the Endurance championships, do you have to refuel your car or is it simply a matter of changing your tyres? Also, does it warn you when you need to come into the pits?

Thanks :)
 
Sometimes, sometimes, and yes.
 
Fuel does get used up. As you run out, you will need to refill. If you wait too long - you're F'd.

It does not warn you. You need to keep an eye on your fuel gauge and tire usage, and decide for yourself when you want to pit.
 
fuel does get used up. As you run out, you will need to refill. If you wait too long - you're f'd.

It does not warn you. You need to keep an eye on your fuel gauge and tire usage, and decide for yourself when you want to pit.

+1
 
It does not warn you. You need to keep an eye on your fuel gauge and tire usage, and decide for yourself when you want to pit.

I guess that I interpret a gauge being low as a warning that action needs to be taken. Silly me.
 
I guess that I interpret a gauge being low as a warning that action needs to be taken. Silly me.

Hahah if only that were so!

The fact is most people these days require an "idiot light", as looking at a gauge is clearly too much effort.
 
hahah if only that were so!

The fact is most people these days require an "idiot light", as looking at a gauge is clearly too much effort.
pmsl.
 
Fuel does get used up. As you run out, you will need to refill. If you wait too long - you're F'd.

I stretched it too far at Suzuka and ran out on the back straight. My car slowed to 50mph and stayed there as I drove to the pits. Not actually F'd like you are if you run out in a real race.
 
Back