Endurance Racing in PCars

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 25 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
It's been confirmed that endurance racing will be in, what i would like to ask if it is possible to make online endurance races with driver's swap.

Like 16 drivers are racing say a 24h race in groups/teams and during pit stops another driver can take place and keep running for the team; more or less like we did with the:

GTP 6 Hours of Nurburgring

but without having to take pictures and such, all managed by the game.

It's probably an unusual request so i'm not sure SMS have looked into it or attempted anything like that, or even if anyone ever requested it, but it would be a GREAT feature IMHO.

I can't even see how this can be logistically possible on the console versions to be honest. Do any race sims on PC even have this feature?

ahahahaha :D no i won't be disappointed for this, i was more disappointed in hearing the field was limited to 16 like GT6, but such a request is pretty strange and unusual, but if any of the guys in contact with the studios might inquiry or ask about it :)

I can't even see how this can be logistically possible on the console versions to be honest. Do any race sims on PC even have this feature?

Logistically? i do not see any problem just when making a race add "friends" to "teams" (call them PArties on ps4) and allow a swap at boxes.

Or what you mean exactly?

Logistically? i do not see any problem just when making a race add "friends" to "teams" (call them PArties on ps4) and allow a swap at boxes.

Or what you mean exactly?

Well, yeah it would need to be a whole new type of lobby system that we haven't yet seen on consoles... that's all I meant really. The PS4's party system of course be the best starting point.

Thanks for pointing out that iRacing has it guys. Great to know it's out there and hopefully others will follow suit over the coming years.

The issue lies in server setup. lets just use pc as their easier to do these set up with.
lets say we have 32 cars and each has 2 guys. Thats 64 players.
Again not a major problem that number is manageable the issue then lie with connection and ping. Racing games while require similar net performance to fps game often are more strenuous on server as we races like to race people from round the world. we regularly see it here on gtp people from europe and america racing side by side. However fps games generally are split into europe and pacific or eastern servers in america. This system helps with the the games performance.
How do prevent this becoming an issue?
Well there are two ways.
1. a massive server
2. multi layered server similar to elite dangerous

However this takes a LOT of time and money and ultimately may still not provide the performance needed

Sorry to go a bit off topic but I didn't want to start another thread for it, I might have missed it but I've not seen an answer to the question about saving the 24 hour/Endurance offline races, will it be possible?

Sorry to go a bit off topic but I didn't want to start another thread for it, I might have missed it but I've not seen an answer to the question about saving the 24 hour/Endurance offline races, will it be possible?
Im going to be honest and say I dont know.

If your on xbox one , you can pause the game and turn the console off , and when you turn it back on you can resume the gameplay . Obviously it means you can't play anything else but it's a handy feature on the xbone !

If your on xbox one , you can pause the game and turn the console off , and when you turn it back on you can resume the gameplay . Obviously it means you can't play anything else but it's a handy feature on the xbone !

Yep, just want to 2nd this statement. This feature is great and I've used it on many games. As long as your Xbox is set to "Instant on" you can resume your game exactly where you left off, just as you paused it. I can definitely see using it on long races.

Thanks man, i didn't know this. I tried it out and it works :cheers:

Ahh right , I don't use it much as I prefer the PS4 but maybe I'll disable this feature . I must admit I stumbled upon it by accident .

iirc, Race 07, Raceroom, rFactor 1/2, iRacing, and GTR Evo all have driver swaps.

But be wary the instant on feature can cause more problems than wanted.

I don't mean to keep this off topic and it will be my last post on this, but I've had my Xbox One set to "Instant on" since I got it on launch day. I use it daily for TV/gaming/Netflix/Media Streaming, etc. and have had very few issues in the year and a half that I've had it. I'm sure others have different experiences, but that's mine.

I don't mean to keep this off topic and it will be my last post on this, but I've had my Xbox One set to "Instant on" since I got it on launch day. I use it daily for TV/gaming/Netflix/Media Streaming, etc. and have had very few issues in the year and a half that I've had it. I'm sure others have different experiences, but that's mine.
Same

So on PS4 does a game need to be enabled before shareplay can be used?

In share play the guest user/friend plays AS the original player by streaming the game (through the PS4 party system. Sure there might be a little more lag but is there anything actually stopping this working in principal? I've had friends in the UK use it with some of my games (The Crew, Driveclub, Far Cry 4, Destiny). They get a lower res (720p) and a little lag in control. Isn't it similar to streaming play to your own Sony Xperia phone or tablet? I think the share play may also be limited to a maximum of an hour at a time.

Last edited:
So on PS4 does a game need to be enabled before shareplay can be used?

In share play the guest user/friend plays AS the original player by streaming the game (through the PS4 party system. Sure there might be a little more lag but is there anything actually stopping this working in principal? I've had friends in the UK use it with some of my games (The Crew, Driveclub, Far Cry 4, Destiny). They get a lower res (720p) and a little lag in control. Isn't it similar to streaming play to your own Sony Xperia phone or tablet? I think the share play may also be limited to a maximum of an hour at a time.
good point. in theory we should be able to invite someone in at the point you want to stop playing, then they can take over. although isn't share play restricted to an hour at a time? wouldn't the owner of the game have to be back in an hour to start share play again?

good point. in theory we should be able to invite someone in at the point you want to stop playing, then they can take over. although isn't share play restricted to an hour at a time? wouldn't the owner of the game have to be back in an hour to start share play again?

As far as I'm aware that's the way it works although I haven't done it for as long as an hour.

Back