Engine sounds... and lack-there-of's

  • Thread starter Thread starter sheepborg
  • 18 comments
  • 3,439 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
133
Messages
sheepborg
As most of you fans of the classic muscle cars know, it seems that all of the muscle cars and other cars of that nature have a very ....pathetic... sound to them. For the longest time i had been very disappointed every time i switched into the 70 charger because it clearly sounded nothing like the '68 charger i own. The other day it occurred to me what an awesome idea it would be to hook up my surround sound thingy that has a wonderful bass speaker. So i hopped into the charger and.... What a noise came from it. It was great, like it should sound.

So what does this mean? My only guess is that pd took the proper sound of the cars.. but they happen to be below the capability of what typical tvs are capable of with the speakers they have.

Logically i went on rampage and started up just about every car with a lovely deep sound and, well that made my day.

What do all of you think about the sounds of the cars, and also does your setup allow you to hear what the cars should sound like?

as a note, the proper engine sounds that occurred from my experiment had the sad side effect of the hitting other car thud noise being a bit extreme.
 
I agree....a decent sub and surround setup can make-up for the lackluster overall engine noise from GT5.

I myself am running some 5.1 Klipsch Promedias and then bridged a Klipsch 2.1 setup to the rear channel, then placed those speakers in front. A pseudo-7.2 setup I guess I would call it. The result, is what I feel a decent blend of sound. The 2.1 setup accentuates the rear exhaust note a bit more (to makeup for lack of induction/engine noise on most cars)

Coupled with a Buttkicker system(you should look into), its quite an experience!

My apt neighbors must hate me when I drive a V8 :dopey:
 
Yep, and actually anything that isn't TV speakers will give you quality sound, and then the better the system after that will therefore give better quality.
 
it is only logical a better system = better sound quality, but many games arent set up to handle better audio, alot like gt5 isnt capable lower quality audio at all.

An interesting case and point is the ferrari challenge game sounds absolutely no better on the same sound system.

One of the other points i am trying to get across is that the sounds in gt are simply below what an average television can put out. You would think that pd could play to the average tv in some way. Just a thought.
 
I've just started lowering the Treble to halfway with Bass on the higher end, and I think it sounds more natural. Not that vacuum sound. I only put the treble back up once to check and it seemed like lowering the Treble made a world of difference. If you read this, please try it. We need to know if anything can be done did-uh-lee-do to make it sound better.
 
I've just started lowering the Treble to halfway with Bass on the higher end, and I think it sounds more natural. Not that vacuum sound. I only put the treble back up once to check and it seemed like lowering the Treble made a world of difference. If you read this, please try it. We need to know if anything can be done did-uh-lee-do to make it sound better.

it is a bit late for me to mess with sounds tonight, but i will try it out. Thanks for the suggestions 👍
 
most stock cars sound great
but as soon as u put a racing exhaust on it, most cars sound absolutley horrible, E.g. The Corvette ZR1 sounds good before R.E. but after u install 1, it sounds like a 4 cylinder, But the Ford GT Sounds even better after u install a race exhaust.. it just gives such a, Non-Finished Feeling:ouch:
 
i play GT5 with head phones on. also i leave the stock Transmission, intake & exhaust. i only upgrade engine 1,2,3 that way the sound dont change. Also i short shift and keep the car in a reasonable RPM range, just like when i drive a real car, the sound isnt that bad. It only sounds bad when i add a transmission and over rev the engine
 
Actually, I used to be very skeptical of GT5's engine sounds, but I think they're pretty acurate. All of my muscle cars sound really... muscley and all of my sports cars do sound a lot like they would IRL.

But then some cars like the Corvette (ZR1, Z06) and Camaro SS (the cool 2000 one, not the stupid new one) could sound better but it doesn't subtract from the experience.
 
the lambo lp's use the same note as the ferrari scuderia........its sad
 
Overall this is one area that GT5 definitely improves over previous games, but there are some dissapointing sounds. Overall I'm happy with what comes out of my crappy TV speakers. Altho I have to put a race exhaust on to ensure I can hear my car over the other cars. Ferraris are a major disappointment tho, I'll fiddle about with my bass settings.
 
i don't think any game could really do ferrari justice.
 
Actually, I used to be very skeptical of GT5's engine sounds, but I think they're pretty acurate. All of my muscle cars sound really... muscley and all of my sports cars do sound a lot like they would IRL.

But then some cars like the Corvette (ZR1, Z06) and Camaro SS (the cool 2000 one, not the stupid new one) could sound better but it doesn't subtract from the experience.

Hahaha are you kidding me???!!




Does this sound anything alike? No! Not even close.
You GT5 stans are really delusional.

 
Hahaha are you kidding me???!!

...
...

Does this sound anything alike? No! Not even close.
You GT5 stans are really delusional.

...

Are you really as stupid as that makes you look?

You're comparing a stock ZR1, shifting well before 6500 rpm to the RM ZR1 from GT5, which has the racing exhaust (well known to give the flat-plane sound) and fully custom 'box, which adds the gear whine over the top, and here rarely shifts before 7000 rpm. Care to find one of the stock ZR1?

Also, what is a GT5 stan?
 
Are you really as stupid as that makes you look?

You're comparing a stock ZR1, shifting well before 6500 rpm to the RM ZR1 from GT5, which has the racing exhaust (well known to give the flat-plane sound) and fully custom 'box, which adds the gear whine over the top, and here rarely shifts before 7000 rpm. Care to find one of the stock ZR1?

Also, what is a GT5 stan?

Well you are..stereotypical GT5 S.T.A.N.
loser.jpg


The point is i have a fully tuned zr1 , a stock one and a Rm one in my Gt5 garage.. So i know what i'm talking about.
Do you really think that any of them ingame sounds even close tho the real one?
 
Well you are..stereotypical GT5 S.T.A.N.
...

The point is i have a fully tuned zr1 , a stock one and a Rm one in my Gt5 garage.. So i know what i'm talking about.
Do you really think that any of them ingame sounds even close tho the real one?

I never said that. You're obviously just a troll. 👎
 
Last edited:
Dont need yet another sound complaint thread, now do we?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back