Engine Swap winners

• Thread starter Rautz
  • 34 comments

How far through the game were you when you won your engine swap prize?

• Total voters
GTP_Rautz
I am hoping we only have actual engine swap participants on the polls as to not skew the polls with misinformation as the info may(or may not) be helpful for those of us that have not yet landed an engine swap but play the game quite a bit

Feel free to respond to the thread with any other info that you may have such as the engine you won, if you have knocked out a few of the circuit experience cups and missions... and if you have just won an engine then current in-game mileage for your profile would be helpful too.

EDIT. Bugger did CTRL+V Save on that fifth option.
@admin, any way to nuke that fifth poll option??

Last edited:
Are you hoping to confirm that certain criteria (such as completing all menu books and/or all licenses) have to be met before engine swap become possible?

I've completed the menus but not all of the licenses, I've see engines on the roulette wheel a fair amount of times but never won one. As far as I'm aware it's pure RNG without qualifiers, the same as the bespoke engine parts.

When I got mine last week I was still on menu book 27. I don't have Super License yet. I got the Supra RZ engine.

I have done all menu books, bronze all license except the 917 on super, Car Collector 42 (bought 77 cars), most of missions except the endurances, driven 6719 total miles, zero online racing, all but 2 daily marathons. NO ENGINE SWAP PRIZES (yet).

Last edited:
I got a 787b engine before I was on roughly menu 25 and I had only completed the first 2 licences.

I got another engine before I finished menu book 39 Nd with only 2 licences done.

How far through the game were you when you won your engine swap prize?​

• After completing all menus but NOT finishing licences
  • After completing all licences but NOT finishing menus
  • After completing all licences AND menus
  • I am still completing my licences and menus

* I have way over 200 hours of driving time, completed ALL Menus, ALL Licenses, ALL Missions, ALL World Circuit Races, reached Collector Level 50, have 376 cars and have almost all of the game's trophies aside from 2 and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE ENGINE SWAP

^I'll choose this option.

Yes... IT'S THAT SHOCKING!!!

EDIT: Did I mention that I have got tickets for every day since launch (44 tickets) and the ones from the menus (17 tickets)??? No? Here it is.

Imagine... Deciding on a new EXCITING game feature being locked by a roulette system where the likelyhood of getting an engine swap is 1 in 100 days and there has been confirmation of already over 10 of them, and there's likely more.

Ok, rant over now.

EDIT 2: **** PD geniuses.

Definitely over now.

Last edited:
I’ve played pretty much daily since launch smashed through licences, missions and menus and got my first engine tonight off a four star ticket with only car parts as prizes, an LT1 which I promptly put in a Mazda ND 15 and made go 200mph probably won’t drive it again

Also golded all licences, missions, circuit experiences and completed all menus. Collector level 50 and yet ZERO engine swaps.

Usually end up getting parts which I don't care about as I always leave every car stock as it is. Otherwise the lowest credit prize from the daily roulette. Maybe one day.

It was pretty early on, so I don't think I had finished all menus. But I'm not sure.
But the licenses were definitely finished as that was the first thing I did when I started GT7 the first time.
But I only got one engine yet. The RX-7 engine for the '89 MX-5/Roadster. Did not use it yet as first I want to have the car twice and therefore I'm waiting for it to re-appear in UCD.

But today marked the first day since 10 days or so where I did not get the lowest possible money prize. Instead I got a lousy engine part for the Mercedes A class...

It doesn't matter at all what you did or finished. You get an engine swap when you get to one in the endless lists of prizes you go down when opening receiving tickets.

I got a 787B engine before completing the Cafė. I got the Dodge engine after completing the Cafe and I-B liscense.
I got the 5.0 Coyote last week and I have the I-A liscense. Still have not completed more than 1st set of Missions +1 Human Comedy mission.

And I have 8 other car parts.

No I wasnt doing the ticket time zone glitch. From reading you guys' responses I guess I'll stop complaining about all those minimum credit wins I get.

Last edited:
Also golded all licences, missions, circuit experiences and completed all menus. Collector level 50 and yet ZERO engine swaps.

Usually end up getting parts which I don't care about as I always leave every car stock as it is. Otherwise the lowest credit prize from the daily roulette. Maybe one day.

How far through the game were you when you won your engine swap prize?​

• After completing all menus but NOT finishing licences
  • After completing all licences but NOT finishing menus
  • After completing all licences AND menus
  • I am still completing my licences and menus

* I have way over 200 hours of driving time, completed ALL Menus, ALL Licenses, ALL Missions, ALL World Circuit Races, reached Collector Level 50, have 376 cars and have almost all of the game's trophies aside from 2 and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE ENGINE SWAP

^I'll choose this option.

Yes... IT'S THAT SHOCKING!!!

EDIT: Did I mention that I have got tickets for every day since launch (44 tickets) and the ones from the menus (17 tickets)??? No? Here it is.

Imagine... Deciding on a new EXCITING game feature being locked by a roulette system where the likelyhood of getting an engine swap is 1 in 100 days and there has been confirmation of already over 10 of them, and there's likely more.

Ok, rant over now.

EDIT 2: **** PD geniuses.

Definitely over now.
Same here. Literally completed everything possible in the game to this point and have not won a single engine swap.

Completed everything and gold licenses and no swaps yet. I just missed one recently, but that's the closest I've gotten and I've had the game since launch

I recieved a SR20DET a couple of days after I've finished all of the menus and licences.
I mean, at least it's something... (Still hoping for a Porsche flat-6 though, I want a bonkers Sambabus in my garage :P)

Last edited:
Completed everything and earned every possible ticket since release. 0 engines. My luck has been very bad. Other than credits, I've received cheap dupes of menu book cars, a ktm xbow, a viper gt3, 1 suspension part, and 1 roulette exclusive tuning part. Didn't think I'd ever even get an invite, but the last update solved that problem.

Well, let's see... gold on all licenses, gold on all mission challenges, gold on all circuit experiences (except Nordschleife, quitted after the first corner due to that cruise ship that they call a BMW M6 GT3), collector level 50 and... no engine swap so far.

But I guess they are going for a "realistic" experience, when out of nowhere, on a random sunny morning, someone knocks on your door and says:

_ Hey, you won a 787b engine! But I hope you have a '02 RX7, otherwise I won't allow you to touch that engine!

Because that is exactily how it happens.

I am hoping we only have actual engine swap participants on the polls as to not skew the polls with misinformation as the info may(or may not) be helpful for those of us that have not yet landed an engine swap but play the game quite a bit

Feel free to respond to the thread with any other info that you may have such as the engine you won, if you have knocked out a few of the circuit experience cups and missions... and if you have just won an engine then current in-game mileage for your profile would be helpful too.

EDIT. Bugger did CTRL+V Save on that fifth option.
@admin, any way to nuke that fifth poll option??
Won the smaller RX-7 engine on a daily ticket. Hadn't touched the circuit experience and haven't done s class license.

I think it's random and based on the roulette tickets. However, I didn't get any 6 star tickets until after I completed the menus.
I've won a few since. Although I've never had a 5 start ticket yet.
I think you can get engine swaps in 4 start tickets but I could be wrong, I am just working from memory.

Completed cafe, all gold on licences up to s and done some circuit experience and missions. Not got a single engine.

To those who have, out of interest how do you actually put them in a car, in GT auto I assume?

Completed cafe, all gold on licences up to s and done some circuit experience and missions. Not got a single engine.

To those who have, out of interest how do you actually put them in a car, in GT auto I assume?

Dunno not used mine yet. I don't want to ruin a perfect toy nice RX7 with an overpowered engine that will make it run too fast.

Havent done a single one but I do know the answer. You go into Garage, on the right there is a Gift option (sorry I'm doing this from memory, it could be called Parts) where all of the parts you get from roulette tickets are kept. You select the part you want and if you have the car needed it will give you an Install option

I got the 787 swap for the RX7 from a 4 star ticket, middle of menus. I have seen a few others, but not received another one. I also have not received any rare parts, but have seen a few drive shafts and turbo kits.

I recieved a SR20DET a couple of days after I've finished all of the menus and licences.
I mean, at least it's something... (Still hoping for a Porsche flat-6 though, I want a bonkers Sambabus in my garage :P)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220420003053.jpg

Now I REALLY can't complain :cheers:

I got the Hellcat-Charger and M64/03-911 before finishing the Menu (with all licenses already completed).
I open 2 tickets at a time, as I got this superstition that if I get the lowest reward from the first ticket, I would get a better chance at the 2nd ticket. I've won several parts as well, and a few safety cars.

I don't think there's any indication at all that the roulette ticket results aren't completely random and unaffected by your level, events completed, what race you did last, and whatever other confirmation bias people try to apply to them today.
(And yes, things can be random and not evenly distributed. A roulette wheel is random, but green appears less than 1/3 of the time. Just like all of the decent prizes in GT7.)

I open 2 tickets at a time, as I got this superstition that if I get the lowest reward from the first ticket, I would get a better chance at the 2nd ticket. I've won several parts as well, and a few safety cars.
I wait till I have 4 or more. I figure if I open multiples at a time, I'll at least get one good prize which will help me overlook all the lowest possible prizes. It doesnt work all the time and I just end up with 5k x4 LOLOL what-cha-gonna-do?

Back