English Translations for GT5:P Demo

I asked this before. In race options,

- should I choose professional or simulation, to get the most realistic experience? I guess it should be simulation but I'm not sure.

- and, what about power steering. Is it the same as irl? On or Off?

I don't really understand your question too well. The two types of simulation modes are standard (wrongfully labelled as starter) and professional. Professional will give you the more realistic experience.

I personally do not feel the difference of having power steering on or off in the game.

Im gonna join the crowd and thank you for this. Allowed me to have the triggers on my Sixaxis for accel/brake and triangle/X for shifting :)
Keep up the good work :)

I don't really understand your question too well. The two types of simulation modes are standard (wrongfully labelled as starter) and professional. Professional will give you the more realistic experience.

I personally do not feel the difference of having power steering on or off in the game.
Thanks to your photo update, I now know what to choose. In the steering options you can choose between:
* amateur
* professional
*simulation

In race (driving) options:
*standard
*professional

So, just to be clear, there is no way to look left or right with a regular controller? (why would this be....)
It was the same with GT4. You could do it with the DFP, but not the DS2.

Oh. I didnt even know you could do it in GT4.... Learn something new every day! Well, in any case, I dont really understand this decision, but I guess I am not overly worried as I will be buying a wheel as soon as GT5P comes out, but still, just doesn't make much sense to me...

Oh. I didnt even know you could do it in GT4.... Learn something new every day! Well, in any case, I dont really understand this decision, but I guess I am not overly worried as I will be buying a wheel as soon as GT5P comes out, but still, just doesn't make much sense to me...
Not enough buttons. Every button has a use on the control pad. One idea knocked around here has been using Sixaxis motion controls to look, but that is just here on GTP, nothing official.

Not enough buttons. Every button has a use on the control pad. One idea knocked around here has been using Sixaxis motion controls to look, but that is just here on GTP, nothing official.
Well they have steering assigned to both the right stick and D-pad L&R. If they gave an option in the controller setting to choose which you want, then you could assign the other to be the "look left & right" buttons. 👍

It is odd that they don't do that though. :odd:

Thanks for the translation, i'm waiting for it to download now, thanks to the other thread that showed how to get it, this site is brilliant!!!👍

Well they have steering assigned to both the right stick and D-pad L&R. If they gave an option in the controller setting to choose which you want, then you could assign the other to be the "look left & right" buttons. 👍

It is odd that they don't do that though. :odd:

I don't think enough people look around to warrant PD. I personally look around a lot - I find it very useful to avoid contact and where you make get space for blocking/maneuvers with the new AI - just have a look at this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2802996&postcount=32

And are you sure they mapped steering to the right stick? I play with the DFP so I wouldn't know.

Great work – thanks very much – has taken a lot of the guesswork out of it 👍

One question:

There doesn't appear to be a G25 wheel option - does it go by another name in Japan – if so, anyone know which?

Oh – another question. My GT5 Prologue demo downloaded in black and white. Anyone know why??? (I'm in Switzerland running on PAL and SD).

My GT5 Prologue demo downloaded in black and white. Anyone know why??? (I'm in Switzerland running on PAL and SD).

it's not the demo, it's your tv. it's unable to decode ntsc to pal properly. how old is your tv set?

Ah – I hooked the PS3 up to a 15" Philips monitor that's about 10 years old (awaiting delivery of full HD 37" LCD).

I've got a Sony Trinitron 13" I could try – but that's about 10 years old too...

I presume the new LCD will be OK then – wish it would arrive!

Great work – thanks very much – has taken a lot of the guesswork out of it 👍

One question:

There doesn't appear to be a G25 wheel option - does it go by another name in Japan – if so, anyone know which?

Oh – another question. My GT5 Prologue demo downloaded in black and white. Anyone know why??? (I'm in Switzerland running on PAL and SD).

Use a VGA box and hook it up to your computer monitor, that should solve it.

Don't know if this has been answered elsewhere – haven't seen it. Can anyone tell me, please?
No, it doesn't have full support in the demo, although you can use it. I would imagien that the settings for the DFP will work. So far the only unsupported G25 feature seems to be the H-shifter clutch.

Rumor is that a variation of the G25 may be the new wheel for GT5, so it may be expected to work fully then.

So all the people who are usingthe clutch in the vids are just doing it for absolutely no purpose in the game?
From what I have seen them say when directly asked, yes. I would probably do the same as I drive a manual in real life and using an H-shifter would just feel unnatural without using the clutch. I mean, driving my wife's auto I instinctively try to push the nonexistent clutch pedal, so I could see myself doing it in a GT game too.

Thanks for the translation, could you please look at the sound options in the full GT5 Prologue, there are a couple that seem to pop up a warning, I'm not sure if it's turning on 5.1 or 7.1 or something else.

I just found out that once you start the race if you hit triangle (the top button above the shifter on the G25) then the clutch acts properly, it has a point where it disengages and the gear indicater fades slightly, if you have it in clutch mode after you press triangle and then try to change gears without the clutch it drops you into neutral.

Now I've turned off the power steering and set it to simulation mode and recently purchased a G25 this game is so good it's insane!

For all those Aussies on the Gold Coast, (maybe other places in Australia too) Harvey Norman has a special on G25's at the Bundall store and after I bought mine they had 12 left at $200 off, so $300!

No, it doesn't have full support in the demo, although you can use it. I would imagien that the settings for the DFP will work. So far the only unsupported G25 feature seems to be the H-shifter clutch.

Rumor is that a variation of the G25 may be the new wheel for GT5, so it may be expected to work fully then.

Clutch also work, but not on all cars. In order to activate it you have to have triangle pressed each time (unfortunately) after you cross the start line or the countdown to start begins.

Back