entering Vs. exiting a corner

Hello;

This is my first post here. I'm getting back into GT3, while waiting for 4. Anyway , i have this tuning question.

I think that when adjusting some settings such as springs, for over/understear, the car will have the dialed in steering for the whole turn. If i lighten the springs up front, the resulting oversteer will be noticed entering and exiting the turn. It is probably more noticable entering the turn, as weight is transfered to the front under braking, and less noticable exiting the turn as the weight is transferred back while accelerating.

How do you correct for over/understeering while exiting a turn, without affecting the steering while entering the turn. I think you can use brake balance for entering a turn. What about exiting the turn under power. I think this is something to do with bound/rebound. Any help or opinions are appreciated.

http://www.smithees-racetech.com.au/theory/shocktune1.html might help you as it gives a very good real world overview of how to tune dampers (it's a bit more complicated than you need for GT3 as it talks about adjusting Left and Right as well as Front and Rear but is well worth studying).

Also, have a read of this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php? t=50112 which discourses this very subject.

One small general forum hint - it always pays to use the Search function first as you will often find that what you want to ask has been covered before (and people being people, posters get fed up with answering the same questions again and again and again ... :lol:!).

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Both links were helpful. The real world tuning is interesting, and helps for understanding. Sometimes i find tuning in the game doesn't work like it should on paper though. (i find the FWD integra has less understear with softer rear springs, vs. harder ones.... go figure!)

The thing thats weird about getting told off for not starting a completely 100% original thread is the that GT3 is is so old. There probably aren't any topics that hafvn't been discussed here before. This is the first board i've seen that encourages it it be so quiet!

Anyway, cheers for the help.

Back