Enthusia, An Acquired Taste?

• Thread starter Cobra_UK
  • 47 comments
Oh and the MR2 drives like it should in EPR. So it's much better.:) Careful in the wet though, just like in real life.;)

I had the exact same MR2 in GT4 and there was still much more body roll than I've ever seen that MR2 have in real life. I should know I've been in my friend's MR2 Twin Turbo lots of times. He's driven it very hard at times and I never seen the kind of body roll GT4 depicts.

The first person camera in GT4 magify's it because of it's position, GT4's body roll is pretty realistic when you watch it on a replay it doesn't look too much either, it just seems litke it does in the first person camera.

live4speed you're on my ignore list but I had the misfortune of reading your post because I didn't log in first. Once again in your infinite wisdom you contradict a subject which you obviously haven't researched, with the sole purpose to pretend like you know better or you have some kind of knowledge on the matter. You're stupid and full of crap. All you do is post nonsense founded on your idiotic imagination and 0% fact. You don't have a clue and your posts show that time after time I've had the bad luck to read them. Morons like you go through life with blinkers on thinking they know it all, but in reality they're the village idiots. Ignorance is bliss but I'm not one of the ones who humour you or god forbid take you seriously. I feel sorry for the people that do take you seriously.

THIS is what I think of you.;) Keep that in mind when you're considering replying to one of my posts again. Do you really what to spend time replying to a post written by someone who thinks that of you? I know you're sad but THAT sad? Ask yourself those questions before posting again and making an even bigger idiot of yourself, if that could ever be possible.:)

:lol: OMG, I completety forgot about this guy. Anyway keeping on topic, Hun200kmh said if you can drive the Tamora round the Lowesenring (spelling) without drifting, your pretty damn good at throttle and brake control, this is a big one for me because in GT4 I find the TVR's far too managable, they're not the easiest cars to drive in the game by any means but they don't display the true charater of a real TVR, EPR does this. It took me a while to get the hang of the TVR's, I can drive them without crashing, and win, but I can't get close to 100% out of them yet.

Cobra_UK
live4speed you're on my ignore list but I had the misfortune of reading your post because I didn't log in first. Once again in your infinite wisdom you contradict a subject which you obviously haven't researched, with the sole purpose to pretend like you know better or you have some kind of knowledge on the matter. You're stupid and full of crap. All you do is post nonsense founded on your idiotic imagination and 0% fact. You don't have a clue and your posts show that time after time I've had the bad luck to read them. Morons like you go through life with blinkers on thinking they know it all, but in reality they're the village idiots. Ignorance is bliss but I'm not one of the ones who humour you or god forbid take you seriously. I feel sorry for the people that do take you seriously.

THIS is what I think of you.;) Keep that in mind when you're considering replying to one of my posts again. Do you really what to spend time replying to a post written by someone who thinks that of you? I know you're sad but THAT sad? Ask yourself those questions before posting again and making an even bigger idiot of yourself, if that could ever be possible.:)
You know what? It's not like YOU offer much to this forum besides the exact same better-than-you-idiots attitude that you're claiming to hate. I'm really tired of hearing you attack my members like this. Holier-than-thou hypocrisy is not the way to stay on my good side.

The next outburst you make will be your last on this forum.

Cobra_UK
*snip*

What I find funny is that you don't think much of Live for Speed but took the time and energy to post two paragraphs to say it. I'm just wondering what is more idiotic? Generally ranting and calling people names or taking two paragraphs to say you don't like someone. :dunce:

Well it's like this Swift, this idiot kept trying to stir arguments with me a while back. I told him I wasn't interested, once I realised what an annoying troll he was and told him to get off my case. I told him I've put him on my ignore list hoping he'd grow a brain and some self-respect. But no, still after all this time here he is again with a classic unfounded post in which he replies contradicting something he hasn't a clue about. Every time he's done that I tell him I think he's an idiot and I'm not interested in what he has to say, yet he still keeps coming back.

I don't reply to his posts, I don't post in his threads. Why? Because I don't want to stir any crap and I don't really care about what he has to say. So ask yourself Swift, why does he keep doing it? Either because he's that low on self-respect to come and talk to that guy that doesn't want to talk to him or just try to stir things.:odd:

If I was him I'd have some self-respect and think to myself I'm just gonna ignore that Cobra_UK, he's not worth my time. I'm not going to look at his posts, threads or anything.

There's this thing in this world nowadays called political correctness, it means that if I turn around and call a spade a spade I'm just horrible and well, not nice. Well all my life I've respected honesty, not bulls**t so I say what I mean and mean what I say.👍 In case my honesty offended anyone else I apologise, for that, this rather long post and going off-topic.

Whoa, still whining about the guy you don't like huh? Notice how he gave you all of one sentence and then kept posting? Perhaps you should try that.

Don't bother replying to me, just get this thread back on topic. :) You wouldn't want something not nice to happen, would you?

Cobra_UK
Well it's like this Swift, this idiot kept trying to stir arguments with me a while back. I told him I wasn't interested, once I realised what an annoying troll he was and told him to get off my case. I told him I've put him on my ignore list hoping he'd grow a brain and some self-respect. But no, still after all this time here he is again with a classic unfounded post in which he replies contradicting something he hasn't a clue about. Every time he's done that I tell him I think he's an idiot and I'm not interested in what he has to say, yet he still keeps coming back.

I don't reply to his posts, I don't post in his threads. Why? Because I don't want to stir any crap and I don't really care about what he has to say. So ask yourself Swift, why does he keep doing it? Either because he's that low on self-respect to come and talk to that guy that doesn't want to talk to him or just try to stir things.:odd:

If I was him I'd have some self-respect and think to myself I'm just gonna ignore that Cobra_UK, he's not worth my time. I'm not going to look at his posts, threads or anything.

There's this thing in this world nowadays called political correctness, it means that if I turn around and call a spade a spade I'm just horrible and well, not nice. Well all my life I've respected honesty, not bulls**t so I say what I mean and mean what I say.👍 In case my honesty offended anyone else I apologise, for that, this rather long post and going off-topic.
What the hell are you on about, you're way overreacting, just because I didn't think your idea of patching GT4 was a great one back in November last year https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72808. You seem to forget, I'm supposed to be on you're ignore list, not the other way arround, I couldn't care less what your opinion of me is. You seem to be forgetting, you're not on my ignore list so I can still see your posts and if I have anything to add to the topic I will post I'm not on everyone's ignore lists, I can still find/provide info with everyone else in the thread. Besides, it was that long ago I never even remembered you anyway, why, because I don't get worked up over one dissagreement over the net. As for my post being bull****, care to at least give one reason why, so far all you've done is avoid the actual topic here in favour of hollow insults. At least giving a valid reason will allow you to get this thread back on topic.

Cobra_UK
Well it's like this... But no, still after all this time here he is again with a classic unfounded post in which he replies contradicting something he hasn't a clue about. Every time he's done that I tell him I think he's an idiot and I'm not interested in what he has to say, yet he still keeps coming back.
I've crossed paths with you before. You have a tendency to behave as if everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Call it a "boy who cried wolf" thing - after you've done it long enough, no one bothers to decide if the person really is an idiot or not - we're just tired of hearing you call everyone an idiot.
I don't reply to his posts, I don't post in his threads. Why? Because I don't want to stir any crap and I don't really care about what he has to say.
Your post above makes a liar out of you.
Yet you, the self-proclaimed intelligent, self-respecting member, can't seem to do that.
This has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with hypocrisy and arrogance. You behave in an arrogant way toward anyone you feel is inferior to you. You tend to define anyone who disagrees with you as inferior. Then you claim that your behaviour is better than those who think they are smart...

Get the picture yet?

I did not say that GT4 was unrealistic or it depicted too much body roll. I only said that the MR2 (in question) in GT4 had too much body roll compared to me being in the actual car in real life and that EPR was closer to the mark. That's all.

Now you all may think that I should have just posted that, and most people would have said "fair dues". But live4speed would then start a game of ping-pong which could last 10 pages in which he would never admit he was basically talking crap or that I might have point. And since he's done this to me quite a few times before I basically was not going to waste my time on it. Looks like this way wasn't any more succesful so I'll go back to ignoring him, shame he won't ignore me.:indiff:

Say, now that I've answered his post, should we let it go? I'm not going so say anything more on the matter.

Cobra_UK
Say, now that I've answered his post, should we let it go? I'm not going so say anything more on the matter.

Good, that should've been your attitude half a page ago.

live4speed
The first person camera in GT4 magify's it because of it's position, GT4's body roll is pretty realistic when you watch it on a replay it doesn't look too much either, it just seems litke it does in the first person camera.

(please, keep in mind that my native language isn't english and that there are things I have difficulty to express using the most apropriate words)

a) It is the first time - in almost one year - that I have seen Admins/Mods come here to make (well deserved) warnings. And I really felt it. Personally.

b) I'm not a mod and I haven't got any desire (or the ability) to be one. But I must say that I have a particular "feel" about this forum, because it was "born" after me and some others asked (pleaded) for it to exist, in the PS2 forum, and because I have been, since day one of its existence, a regular poster in it.

c) This forum has been, so far, one of the friendliest I've been to. It is maybe because, in this website primarily dedicated to the Gran Turismo series and fans, few users are regular posters.

d) In lots of threads we can read people arguing about EPR's best and worst, and also comparing EPR to GT4, with persons like Scaff, Wolfe and others changing their views, not necessarily agreeing with each others, and sometimes strongly disagreeing (and saying it)

e) Of course most of us like EPR a lot, and some even think that EPR is better than GT4. But no fanboyism has, so far, poisoned any discussion.

f) And from what I read, there is no fanboyism here, either, but just a "personal" problem.

Cobra_UK, read again what live4speed wrote. Is there sarcasm there? No. Is there any absurdity? No. Is it true? I don't know, and by now I really don't care.

So, please, keep your reason. I think you, me and everyone else that checks in here regularly like to have this "place" and to have it as a friendly one.

@Hun200kmh: 👍 👍

If I may make a point on the topic that turned into this mess --

I agree with live4speed's point, and that particular area has always been a bad one in GT4 as far as I'm concerned. In the first-person view, your viewpoint will bobble around (especially forward/down under braking), and do so in a very odd fashion. Then, when you look at the cars from a replay camera, they barely shift at all. :odd:

Wolfe2x7
Welcome to the club, TheCracker and road kill! :cheers:

As the others have already said, starting with something like the Miata will obviously help you learn to handle RWD, as will doing the Driving Revolution missions.

I would also recommend just completing Driving Revolution anyway, because it unlocks cars for Free Race, Time Attack, and Versus modes (the "arcade" modes).

Soon, you'll get good enough to find out one of the big reasons why we EPR-fans love our game so much -- the drifting. :) However, the ultimate RWD goal is to descend the Dragon Range in the Shelby Cobra without any black flags. :D Then you'll be the RWD master. :sly:

whoa forgot to check in on this post and i guess you remember me from the intro thread then sweet! :cheers: cheers indeed thanks wolfe and nsx-r for your info regarding the toyota mr2. and now looking at it it seems like i started this huge mess by asking about the mr2..:guilty: but it looks like the mods did a good job:tup:

Back