European Drift Championship | D-Max | Need of Judges.

• Thread starter mcgloney
  • 34 comments
mcglone1994
Still under construction!

[ Notice ]

Due to some problems i'm changing the way sign ups are now done. There still will be a 4 limit per team for joining this event but you don't sign up as a team. Everything will be individual, including your colour.

Introduction

European Championship. New league just for GT5, i hope new comers and experience drifters battle to the edge. Registration is open so get signing. Due to recent event's i'm capping 4 drivers per team so new teams or drifters can join in. A judge can not take part in the event and must be neutral what ever team they are in. Unfair results are not welcomed here and a team or driver will be disqualified if this is happening.

Cars: You can pick any car except American.

Rules & Regs

450 BHP Limit
No KG limit
No PP limit
FR Only
Comfort Hards only
No driving aids ( ABS Allowed )
Real Grip
Tyre/fuel depletion: Off

Tracks [ Lines will be uploaded later, so bear with me]
Monza
SPA
Sarthe
Rome
Madrid

Judging
Simply follows
Line, Angle and Overall Impression.
For each run the drivers will have 10 points shared out between them.
Each battle consists of two runs, one with each driver leading.

Mistakes such as wide lines or a wheel off track will deduct your share, while high angles, close tandems and good lines will increase it.
If the score after the second event is 10-10 (e.g 3-7 in first then 7-3 in second)
then the battle will be repeated.
It's not a drag race! The leader must not use full throttle off the line, as it would not give a slower car a chance to tandem, and would show no sportsmanship.

NO OVERTAKING unless leader falls off track, in which case you wait for the leader to regain his place before continuing the lap.
Four wheels off = 10-0 score to the other driver, but he must still finish the lap. If he then comes off the track the score will go to 5-5. If the driver finishes the lap without drifting it could lower their advantage over the other driver.
A considerable bump = 10-0, just as going off the track. There may be a slight touch during tandems, as long as it is minor and does not effect the other driver's line too much, it would not score you a 0-10, but may decrease your score.
The judge may decide to re-battle if the previous runs are too close to call for deciding a winner.
And most importantly,
JUDGE'S DECISION IS FINAL

In need of some. So message if you want to be one.
PSN: Saggyscrot

Registration form
[Team Name & Colour]
PSN: Driver
Car:

Team: D-Max
Colour: TBA

PSN: mcglone1994
Car: TBA

PSN: FRAG-ME-CG

PSN: SeanWelland

Team: D-max

PSN: Knight_Spirit

Last edited:
HP is a bit low maybe? I would prefer something like 500-500HP and then a weight restriction at like 1200kg?

None-the-less, keep going!

That'll do. But What do you think of bringing in a weight limit? I think it would definately even the playing field..

Just a question because i have seen american drivers/teams talk about it...
The EDC is a real life comp as well, but doesnt it only allow european drivers? (Not sure, just asking). Or do you mean european by just the tracks and cars?

Gonales
The EDC is a real life comp as well, but doesnt it only allow european drivers? (Not sure, just asking). Or do you mean european by just the tracks and cars?

European tracks. Anybody can join but not a lot are willing to import their cars temporarily just for a competition.

Powell covered that question up. But yeah tracks are European and anyone can join. As for the cars, just to knock out any confusion, any car is allowed in this event except american.

Do you have to be in a drift team to enter? I'd quite like to sign up.

Because i want other teams or new drifters to take part instead of the same one's you see in nearly every event.

Ahh fair enough then... I'll put a word in to Mallala, see if we can drum up some participants...

Back