even skylines need a real engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holdenhsvgtsr
  • 80 comments
  • 3,946 views
aint no replacement for cubic inches :D
and btw Andy Frost has a Vauxhall Victor not a vectra :lol: tard
 
By the way, you stalking me? Sweet...

I'm pretty good at calling out BS stories, so I know how to do some proper research on someone.


Just ask anyone around here who Douglas DeMuro is.
 
Now that is a perfect set up for that Skyline!!!! The sound of a V8 LS1 Twin Turbo!! :)👍
I want to see videos of that car in action!!!
 
I'm pretty good at calling out BS stories, so I know how to do some proper research on someone.


Just ask anyone around here who Douglas DeMuro is.

Ok, you win. I drive an '88 Civic DX sedan with a 5 gallon VTEC sauce cell in the trunk.
 
(By the way, not to Knock the RB26. I love how it sounds, and it's a great mill. the problem comes when someone decides to go off on American cars because thay have a bias.)

You are strangely defensive yet look at the thread title.
 
I have mixed feelings on this one. I don't see how the end result is that much better than the RB would have been (even though I love everything about GM small blocks). The RB isn't exactly an outdated engine so for me it doesn't make the most sense, however it sounds really mean and I' ll bet its fast as ^@#%@
 
I'm pretty sure LS1s are aluminum, right? That would make them lighter than the iron RB. There's also the low-end torque advantage and lower CoG for the V8. Definitely changes the car significantly.
 
Anyone who thinks that America hasn't produced good four-cylinder engines (or that we're just now getting around to it with the Chryco 2.4 and Ecotec) needs to research one little word that dominated the Brickyard for almost half a century......

Offenhauser
1079567635wa.jpg
 
I'm pretty sure LS1s are aluminum, right? That would make them lighter than the iron RB. There's also the low-end torque advantage and lower CoG for the V8. Definitely changes the car significantly.

Lets throw LS1's into everything then, including Supras!
 
Well, at least youg guys already covered Top Fuel engines. Oh, and don't worry about wether they make 8000 horsepower or not--they've got that covered, too. Now all we need is a dyno that can hold on to over 5000 lb-ft of torque, and we're set. And yes, the big 8.2L engines rev to over 8500 rpm...


...For 4.5 seconds. But hey, that's how you make big powah.
 
The HKS and Heat Treatments cars both have the power to run into the 200mphs, think 210-215 but because they are not only hauling the weight of the extra diff/driveline but also driving through it they suffer in trapspeed.

There isn't a problem with swapping a domestic motor into an import or vice versa, its something different, the only problem is as soon as it gets on the internet the know-it-all fanboys create bandwagons and slagging matches with the opposing side who is just as clueless and inexperienced with their car of choice as the original fanboy.

Much like this thread, see my sig.

Winding people up and being a stirrer is all good but at the end of the day a fast car is a fast car and real enthusiasts should be able to appreciate it for what it is.

I'm not saying this because I have a soft spot for Skylines, personally I just don't care if someones put an V8 in it.
 
I only have one word for that skyline with the LS1 RETARDED....DEEEDAAADEEE 👎 👎 and my super secret third thumb 👎
 
Man I was waiting for someone to have a go at me but there you go right away and prove my point.

Well done that man.
 
Man I was waiting for someone to have a go at me but there you go right away and prove my point.

Well done that man.

Can't see why someone would have a go at you, I agree completely with your post.
 
If you couldn't tell by his avatar and his sig, Diablomonkey is one of those bench racing Skyrine/JDM nutswingers. :P
 
Wow, what closed minded people you are. I like the V8 conversion. It takes patience, skill, and a decent amount of time for something like this. I for one am thrilled to see my beloved Nissan product with an LS1/LS2 stuffed under the bonnet. As I would be just as thrilled to see an RB26DETT stuffed under the hood of a Mustang GT. I appreciate the work and effort involved and not b*tch moan and complain about something being "ruined" in your short sided and closed minded view(s).

You know what else I love? Seeing all you closed minded import fans (the American V8 anti-Import fanatics) go ape **** when someone puts an American engine in a Japanese car. Brilliant entertainment.

(havent seen the Titan 5.4L used yet, mainly as this is a US engine only I think)

Not to nitpick but the Titan uses a 5.6L V8. Ford has the 5.4L, and GM mainly uses the 5.3L in their trucks. And yes the 5.6L Nissan V8 is an American designed and developed engine. But either way, I agree with your point.
 
Wow, what closed minded people you are. I like the V8 conversion. It takes patience, skill, and a decent amount of time for something like this. I for one am thrilled to see my beloved Nissan product with an LS1/LS2 stuffed under the bonnet. As I would be just as thrilled to see an RB26DETT stuffed under the hood of a Mustang GT. I appreciate the work and effort involved and not b*tch moan and complain about something being "ruined" in your short sided and closed minded view(s).

You know what else I love? Seeing all you closed minded import fans (the American V8 anti-Import fanatics) go ape **** when someone puts an American engine in a Japanese car. Brilliant entertainment.

Who is 'all you'? not that many of us mind. I personally don't mind and find it interesting.

Not to nitpick but the Titan uses a 5.6L V8. Ford has the 5.4L, and GM mainly uses the 5.3L in their trucks. And yes the 5.6L Nissan V8 is an American designed and developed engine. But either way, I agree with your point.

Yeah I know it is a 5.6, just some reason 5.4 popped to mind and I didn't think about it. :guilty:
 
Who is 'all you'? not that many of us mind. I personally don't mind and find it interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. Although I can see purpose in switching to an American V8, I have a hard time seeing the purpose in putting an RB or something similar into an American car, besides for shock value/being different. There was the RB26 Fastback Mustang from Tokyo Drift, which was obviously done just for publicity, and I know of a 2JZ Nova project in the works, as well as Bimmers of several generations getting the 2J. In fact, I've seen a number of cars getting the 2JZ swap solely for the purpose of drag racing. If it's what you love, more power to you. I just think it's funny that "drop a 350 in it" was always the redneck's method to making a car fast, now it's going mainstream. :P It's certainly tried and true.
 
Who is 'all you'? not that many of us mind. I personally don't mind and find it interesting.

I'm referring to the people like toyomatt84 and Diablomonkey.
 
Well, I'm glad to see that at least some people here have some sense. Import engines are good at what they're made for, and domestic engines are good at what they're made for. It all depends on what you want to do with a car.

Just for the record, though, I think bringing up any ultra-high-performance drag racing engine, specifically those that need to be rebuilt after every race, is a retarded way to "determine" who builds the "best" engines. With enough know-how and engineering, you can make practically any engine belt out insane amounts of power for 5 seconds before exploding.

I'm not trying to devalue the work that those drag teams put into their cars, here, but the engines that they use have very little in common with, say, the RB26 or LS1.

I should also hope that reliability/longevity makes it onto most people's lists for "qualities of a good engine." But maybe not. We all have different ideas of what a good engine should be.
 
I should also hope that reliability/longevity makes it onto most people's lists for "qualities of a good engine." But maybe not. We all have different ideas of what a good engine should be.
**** that man.

I only need my engine to get me to work once. You see I sell real estate for Mr. Trumph and can afford to buy a new vehicle to travel to and from the office every day. For guys like me, longevity is no object...

Seriously, if that's all someone could come up with, they're obviously coming up rather empty handed.
 
I'm referring to the people like toyomatt84 and Diablomonkey.

To be brutally honest, I found it funny how so many people think that the Chevy small block V8's are the "end-all" engine, and have no vision past the dated technology of a single overhead cam engine lacking any type of variable valve timing. I guess that, maybe there's only a select few of us who can actually look past our own continental boundary and see how it's done in countries where the automotive business is done entirely different. It's ok though, I can see some of you got your laughs in. It's just a shame that so many people took it so personally, and acted like I offended their way of life. 👍
 
As far as I'm concerned, it's the owners money and his car, so he can do whatever the hell he/she wants with it. If they choose to go with a V8, be it Chevy/Nissan/whatever, and they can make it work, more power to them. The R34 posted looks like it has top notch fabrication work. So what if its not the RB26? Does it really matter AT ALL? It's not what I would do if it was my time/money/effort, but I still appreciate it as an awesome piece of engineering.

Also, does anyone else think it's funny how the bandwagons were reversed but the arguments were so similar when the RB26 mustang was first unleashed on the internerd?
 
To be brutally honest, I found it funny how so many people think that the Chevy small block V8's are the "end-all" engine, and have no vision past the dated technology of a single overhead cam engine lacking any type of variable valve timing.

That is true. But the RB26 is not an "End All" mill, either. There really isn't an end-all mill. why? because humans make them, and there will always be flaws.

perhaps some people should learn to appreciate stuff INSIDE America, too. There's more to this world than Asia and Europe: Christopher Columbus found that out.

(There's nothing wrong with European and Japanese cars, though. I love them all.)

Also, does anyone else think it's funny how the bandwagons were reversed but the arguments were so similar when the RB26 mustang was first unleashed on the internerd?

I liked the idea...until I found out it didn't run, at which point it became kinda stupid. Evidently, the steering comumn got in the way of the engine.
 
I liked the idea...until I found out it didn't run, at which point it became kinda stupid. Evidently, the steering comumn got in the way of the engine.

It ran, the standard twinturbo setup interfered with the steering column, they fit a custom single turbo setup up (Not a big HP single like some would expect) and ran it.
 
they should had used Tundra/titan V8 instead. that american "thing" is blasphemy.
 
It ran, the standard twinturbo setup interfered with the steering column, they fit a custom single turbo setup up (Not a big HP single like some would expect) and ran it.

aha! Well, that makes a little more sense...and they still used Ford V8s in the stunt cars for reliability.

well, that makes it a little cooler :cool:
 
aha! Well, that makes a little more sense...and they still used Ford V8s in the stunt cars for reliability.


I don't think it had anything to do with reliability. They need to make multiple cars for back ups, damage stages (yes a few had to be smashed up) etc making multiple Mustangs with time consuming RB26DETT swaps is pointless, so they make one for appearance and the rest with the cheaper, easier, competent Windsor engines.
 
Back