Ever got cocky and lost embarrassingly because of it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 45 comments
  • 3,661 views
I like riding 1st place's butt until the last lap and then sneaking the win. But there has been quite a few times when I spin and end up loosing when I could have easily won.
 
I alway spin out when I am about to cross the finish line (using handbrake) online just to show off. :lol:
. . . And yes it has cost me races online alot (thinking I was on final lap)


:dopey:

EDIT: Dang... someone won this one on me already.
 
Whenever I win online sometimes I'll stop just before the finish line, turn the car around and wait for 2nd place. I then try to win in reverse by the closest margin possible. It's cost me a race or two, but I don't mind.
 
I was playing splitscreen with my girlfriend and after winning countless times I decided to get cocky for our last race so I selected the fiat 500 (the old one ) while she selected an M3 , and then I just selected a course without looking that turned out to be ssr7 .
She wall-rided her way to the win while I was stuck at no more than 40km/hr
 
Sometimes I like to spin out just before I hit the finish. Once I spun out only to realize I had one more lap to go. :banghead:

I did this also, was a 5 lap Nurb race online, I didn't see the lap change in the chat...

But I've also had people do this and come up short of the finish line and I passed them for the position (at end of race)... :)
 
Never got cocky and lost, but...

I have:
1. Got too distracted by looking / thinking about something else
2. Slowed down too much and managed to get off line
3. Been pestered by the wife and baby

And lost on those occasions.
 
One supremacist said to me on the online drags, "don't even try to drag my challanger on full tunnel, it has amazing top speed". I beat him with my supra, I had 40 hp less than him. I just love when tuners beat muscles =). In this case the muscle guy was cocky.
 
Spun out on the last corner of the last lap in the lead of the Cape Ring seasonal with the Mini and also the new one with the DTM car....:D
 
Somewhat like that.

I was in a room full of RWD Ferraris, and only this guy with his Nissan GTR, who pwnd us all in acceleration exiting the corner. I told him to get into a real man's rwd car, not his noobish 4WD. The next thing I saw was a wall. He rammed into me and I lost the race I was leading lol
 
last lap i wanted to go full throttle around the last grand valley turn, hit the wall and spun out into the pitlane
 
Doing seasonal race with the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen and had a 12 second lead coming down to the start/finish line and decided i would get cocky and activate the hand brake so needless to say i flipped it and as we all know it takes for ever to get this car back up to speed and lost by .0136 seconds .
 
I will never do that again, after losing a couple of races.
 
YES. It's usually if I get ahead of everyone and start showing off. Can't tell you how many time I've done a power-slide across the finish line. I had 1st place, but now someone else is in 1st, and I lose by a tenth of a second or whatever. :O

This has happened dozens of times within sim mode, and at least once online with actual humans. :guilty:
 
Back