Ever Wanted To Name Your Kid After a Famous Person?

Fritolay?
 
I was thinking Dorito... But apparently the image blows. Tisk-tisk.
 
I have a friend here who wants to name one of her kids Atticus, or a boy Fietka. And she also had a few other weird ones.

And then you get to wondering why parents like giving kids some of these really strange names or spellings because they think it's cute or whatever when it's the kid that has to live with the name for their whole life. Middle School and High School do happen...
 
My Dad had a girl at his high school with the name Chris P. Fish. I just hope she didn't marry Mr. Cream. :scared:
 
My mom has a patient whose parents are named Sharon and Rex. They named the girl Sharexia. She also has another girl named ****anya. Not kidding.
 
I had a childhood friend who's father had a financial planner named Wayne Dwop.

A kid down the street from me was Tommy Gum and had a sister named Candy.
 
My Dad had a girl at his high school with the name Chris P. Fish. I just hope she didn't marry Mr. Cream. :scared:

A girl with the name Chris?

EDIT : No, No wait (*reads whole thread*). A girl with the name Fishball?
 
Rue
and ordered KFC from a girl called Fishball.

:lol: oh man, did i accidentally stumble into the comedy corner without realizing?
 
My dad is named Ingemar after the Swedish boxer Ingemar Johansson. He became a world heavyweight champion the same year my dad was born (1959) wich is why I guess he's named after him.

If I'd name my boy (if I get one) after a famous person, it'd be Ronnie after the Swedish F1 driver Ronnie Peterson who died after a crash at Monza in 1978.
 
Does my name count? I'm named after a greek warrior...
 
My son shares his name with Danish royalty, but looks better on paper with how I put it on his birth certificate AND my kid was born before their brat was so I can also claim that the Danish copied me. ;)
 
That reminds me, one of my female Hong Kong-ians' English name is Coco.

I believe the term is Honkie. Coco is a very popular name here. I know three. Then again Coco Chanel didn't do too badly out of it! Here are some more names of people I have contact with; Arry, Vigers, Hebe, Tigger, Plato, Rio, Melody, Barbie, Noah, Ocean, Avis, Brain, Winki, Kinki, Yoyo, Sonic, Purple, Pakie, Mervin (woman), Cosmos, Rainbow, Venus, Lawton, Cutie, Richman, Rain, Sergius... I mean for the love of God up until 10 years ago this was a British colony for gawd's sake! :attachesmonaclegrabshorsewhipandpoursginandtonic:
 
Last edited:
To be honest I don't really want my son to be a junior. Too confusing when mail arrives.
 
Rue
I believe the term is Honkie. Coco is a very popular name here. I know three. Then again Coco Chanel didn't do too badly out of it! Here are some more names of people I have contact with; Arry, Vigers, Hebe, Tigger, Plato, Rio, Melody, Barbie, Noah, Ocean, Avis, Brain, Winki, Kinki, Yoyo, Sonic, Purple, Pakie, Mervin (woman), Cosmos, Rainbow, Venus, Lawton, Cutie, Richman, Rain, Sergius... I mean for the love of God up until 10 years ago this was a British colony for gawd's sake! :attachesmonaclegrabshorsewhipandpoursginandtonic:

HAHAHAHA Sonic! Did you ever asking him/her whether he was feeling blue?

Actually not a good idea, might have elicited a prickly response.
 
Back