Every GT2 car (spoilers)

• Thread starter Pupik
  • 58 comments
Originally posted by B Campbell
The power-to-weight ratios, are those for stock or fully tuned cars?

edit: also, are they the numbers that show up in the garage or at the dealership?
1. These are for fully-tuned cars, with race mods if possible.

2. Garage values, no bogus dealership values. I own (or at least, did own in a few cases) every car at one point, so they have been verified for accuracy.

Um....one day! I have an Excel sheet that had dealership figures, but I've been adjusting it here and there to show garage figures. Honestly, very few GT2ers bother with anything other than fully-tuned cars, so I don't think it's worth it.

Not to mention, keeping everyone honest in OLR's is tricky...might as well close up any loopholes a slower driver may wish to take advantage of.

H=hidden (on all versions)
J=Japanese version (gameshark to unlock them in NTSC versions)

I had a small question about the legend. Above is a quote from your legend. I have the the US version of the game, and I was wondering how to get the Japanese Version cars, and the hidden cars.

I have the Gameshark CDX, and GT2 version 1.2. Where can I find the gameshark codes to get those cars?

pupik
I was all geeked because I found a way to convert Excel format into these nice columned lists (formatting isn't preserved, however).

If I get a few more posts, then I can make the switch. My Platinum is rusting.

Any chance you can post the list as an excel worksheet (or email it to me)?
Thanks!

Nice work on those power to mass charts. Just a small comment so that the new players or non technical people realise that the fastest cars are the ones with the lowest numbers at the bottom of the tables. That Storia rally car is a suprise.

Well comprised list of everything you need to know about purchasing a car, though I would really have liked it if you did one small thing:

Put the Turbo max HPs and NA maxed HPs on the cars you can use either or on. This way, people could use the list as a tool for those cars, too. This way, if someone needs a car that has a dual purpose (i.e. using the NA tuning for one HP limit race set, and the TURBO tuned HPs for another), they can find one using the lists you've provided. Unless of course, you did that and I'm completely blind, in which case you may completely disregard this post and call it one more post for me towards being able to use a custom avatar.

TruenoEightSix
Put the Turbo max HPs and NA maxed HPs on the cars you can use either or on

I tried that, but the excel worksheet came up with calculation errors when you had differing power outputs. There are cars that can get both NA & turbo upgrades, just not at the same time. In any case, I haven't found one car (in GT2, that is) that gets a higher ultimate power rating with NA upgrades than if you used Turbo Kits instead.

In any case, I posted a list of the cars that could get both, it's somewhere on GTP.

Oh, and thanks for the thread resurrection, I was wondering who would find this useful!

pupik
I tried that, but the excel worksheet came up with calculation errors when you had differing power outputs. There are cars that can get both NA & turbo upgrades, just not at the same time. In any case, I haven't found one car (in GT2, that is) that gets a higher ultimate power rating with NA upgrades than if you used Turbo Kits instead.

In any case, I posted a list of the cars that could get both, it's somewhere on GTP.

Oh, and thanks for the thread resurrection, I was wondering who would find this useful!
Do you have a list of the codes for different parts that you can purcahse for each car?

pupik
I was wondering who would find this useful!

I find your website useful. I printed a bunch of the pages so at a glance I can tell which cars will be competitive in power/weight ratio. It's also helpful if you have a bunch of cars to choose from (let's say Civics) and you just wanna know which one is gonna be the best without having to buy them all one by one...wasting time.

TMM
Do you have a list of the codes for different parts that you can purcahse for each car?
Check my web site out for that.

Also, see (or search) the GameShark/Hybrids forum.

pupik, I don't think you have a complete list of body codes (e.g. wagnerl list).
I could get you a copy of wagnerl, which you could massage into something your own. Or you could use or refer to the list rogs has.
http://www.rogs.dial.pipex.com/
http://www.rogs.dial.pipex.com/carsb.htm
The Tangoman site referred to appears to have vanished.
You can find apparent links in Google, but the domain names are in some sort of strange state.

There is at least one missing page around the GameShark area of your site.

http://formulanone.port5.com/gt2/codes/buy-any-car.htm
refers to
http://formulanone.port5.com/gt2/cars/index.htm
which does not exist.

Also some pages (above /gt2) refer to
http://formulanone.port5.com/home.htm which is also AWOL.

This posting should be a PM, but you often seem to neglect those for a while. :)
So I might edit this content away after you have acknowledged it. :)

I have some of that data already. I have the body codes and engines codes and have found a spreadsheet which lists some of the body parts you can add, however I know the codes are wrong because when I use them it doesn't give me the part that I wanted. Also the engine codes don't match with the data I already have. I have also searched the forum and that didn't turn anything up.

As an aside, do you have a 'Single Game Save' format file for MK's GT2 editor? Yes I have done a search and come up blank, although not recently.

What happened to your yellow site? With all that GT data on it?

SportWagon
This posting should be a PM, but you often seem to neglect those for a while. :)So I might edit this content away after you have acknowledged it. :)

I'll get to it...didn't realize there were dead links in my site.

Some changes:

1. The Honda Accord 4WD Wagon ought to be listed as 4WD, not FF.

2. The Plymouth GTX is off by 30 years, it ought to be a '67 model.

TMM
What happened to your yellow site? With all that GT data on it?
pupik's?

I thought I was the only person with bad enough taste to use yellow backgrounds. :P

There's not that much yellow on my site.

There is some #ffcc00, though.

SportWagon
pupik's?

I thought I was the only person with bad enough taste to use yellow backgrounds. :P

It's like lined legal paper...not too bad..just gotta turn the contrast down on it! :) It's what I do here at GT planet too, with all this white.

It is a bright yellow (#ffff00), but it's the GT1 content that works for that site.

Haven't seen a better GT1 site before or since.

Very true. I pretty much read all hte GT1 stuff..the diaries. They're pretty funny sometimes!

pupik
It is a bright yellow (#ffff00), but it's the GT1 content that works for that site.

Haven't seen a better GT1 site before or since.

Actually, I moderated the http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/ background to #E8E830 and the diary pages had always been a gif background; I may have lost what fuzzy gray yellow background I even used for the gif now; I intended it to look dull yellow, like draft foolscap. Sort of a French Canadian pea soup colour.

How do you find the background colour for
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs ?

What about
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/oldhome.html ? :D

Bah. The webring stuff is essentially broken...

I tried getting my own site on that webring, Sportwagon. It was like a quiz, after a half-day of emails and links and trying to figure it out I gave up.

I used to be on three.

And they used to all show up in the space.

I actually semi-manage one of them. I should check up on it. But it seems extra-specially pointless if I can't get to it from the intended navtool on my own site. Bah. Maybe they've changed what you're supposed to put there, again.

But webrings are largely an idea whose time has passed, I guess. Or perhaps it never got here in the first place...

SportWagon
But webrings are largely an idea whose time has passed, I guess. Or perhaps it never got here in the first place...

Well, it was a good way to trade site traffic; "advertise my site, and I'll advertise yours", but after 1999, there seemed to be a bit of a paradigm shift in the way people wanted information from the web. The internet-ready computer became a bit of an appliance, so the importance of good search engines and 10 minutes of your time was vital. People wanted it NOW, they didn't want to hunt for information, unless it was totally obscure and hard to find.

Web rings would randomly throw some information on to your screen, it didn't matter if the site was as comprehensive as say, SportWagon's site, or as usless as an overposted "fake cheat code" site.

Just my 2 cents.

It's a cool idea (the webring) they just need to make it easier for dummies like me to join!

prejudice to all I am new on this forum, but I'm old in the game :) sorry if I showed up late

volkswagen polo 1.4 but then it could also appear in the synthesizer of events without necessarily the use of tricks? or you're forced to use Gameshark codes.

By the way, there is perhaps have a save with all of GT2 hidden cars to use with the ps3? I want to drive the CLK DTM ..... : (

Back