Every reward I've gotten from a lotto ticket has been the smallest every single time. Why does the game show cars and gold and big piles of cash.

• Thread starter lanny
  • 43 comments
United States
United States
Every reward I've gotten from a lotto ticket has been the smallest every single time. Why does the game show cars and gold and big piles of cash. My largest reward has never been more than 10,000 I'm I think more than half way thru the game. This doesn't seem right to me. See these big prizes? You'll never get any hahaha, right?

Yes indeed the rewards aren't great and it's very obvious that they usually get the smallest of rewards from what you get fired up, but it's not always like that.. plus it's already a given what reward they're going to get, namely the moment you get the ticket.

But there are also high wins, but these are rare. My highest win in credits so far was 500,000 from a 6 star ticket. but just yesterday I received the fantastic M6 Gr.3 BMW from a 4 star ticket. So it's not like you NEVER win anything big.

Pbr5W8H-150x150.png

Yes indeed the rewards aren't great and it's very obvious that they usually get the smallest of rewards from what you get fired up, but it's not always like that.. plus it's already a given what reward they're going to get, namely the moment you get the ticket.

But there are also high wins, but these are rare. My highest win in credits so far was 500,000 from a 6 star ticket. but just yesterday I received the fantastic M6 Gr.3 BMW from a 4 star ticket. So it's not like you NEVER win anything big.
Like I've said I have only recieved at the most 10,000 I see all these cars spinning around but have never gotten one.even three cars on one ticket and a big pile of cash, but I ended up wit 2,000. I can understand not getting a big prize but every so often, but over 50% of the game is complete and the reward has been the smallest every single time. So when do I win a car or something more than the smallest prize available. I guess at 95-98 % completed. This doesn't seem right to me.

Another one of these, eh?

Yea, that's how it goes 99% of the time. But, I just got a 1,000,000 (10 gold bars) from a 4 star yesterday. First time ever.

Last edited:
Every reward I've gotten from a lotto ticket has been the smallest every single time. Why does the game show cars and gold and big piles of cash. My largest reward has never been more than 10,000 I'm I think more than half way thru the game. This doesn't seem right to me. See these big prizes? You'll never get any hahaha, right?
Like I've said I have only recieved at the most 10,000 I see all these cars spinning around but have never gotten one.even three cars on one ticket and a big pile of cash, but I ended up wit 2,000. I can understand not getting a big prize but every so often, but over 50% of the game is complete and the reward has been the smallest every single time. So when do I win a car or something more than the smallest prize available. I guess at 95-98 % completed. This doesn't seem right to me.

The "lotto" isn't actually a lottery (or a roulette, which is the intended appearance). It's just a superfluous animation.

Your prize is predetermined - we don't know how, but a likely explanation is the system is derived from GT Sport's roulette and that was derived from GT5's used car dealership, so it's a very long list of "prizes" (probably just numbers that the game looks up to match with a prize) that you progress through each time you meet the conditions. Most of the prizes are a small amount of money or a middling amount of money, with larger amounts, car purchase invitations, car parts, and cars forming progressively smaller portions of the list.

We know that if you quit before saving and redraw the ticket, you'll get the same item. We also know that if you're going to win a car from a ticket and you're one car away from the threshold for a trophy (50 cars, 100 cars), the trophy will pop the instant you draw the ticket. That means that the ticket "knows" the outcome from at least the moment you draw it, if not before.

The other four items on the wheel are drawn seemingly at random from the possible prize pool, in what appears to be roughly equal parts of more money, invite, parts, and cars; generally if there's "more money" anywhere on the wheel, you'll get the smaller amount of money (I've seen the game pull credits but not the smallest amount exactly once so far).

That means that the prize is predetermined and the animation is just flourish.

Same here mate. That’s why I’m grinding the Tomahawk. They are taking the piss with the roulette. 99% of the time it’s the lowest. Hope the Tomahawk ruins their micro transactions.
Should be getting something for collectors level going up too. Just got level 34, have the over 100 cars trophy. Personally I think you should receive something for collectors level increase.

So far I got the Ford GT Gr3 car, the Genesis Gr4 car, the Hellcat Safety Car, 2 Greddy Fugus, the Mazda Rodster Touring Car, the RCZ Ralley Car, the Civic Limited Edition Type R and the Mazda RX 7 Sprint R, 2 times I got one gold bar and once the small pile of gold bars and a couple of tuning parts(although for cars I don't own) and one engine for a Dodge Hellcat..the other times I just got the small 5000credit ticket...

The only good thing I got from one of the tickets was a Coyote V8 engine swap and a Porsche invitation a few days ago after I already owned a Carrera GT.

Think I've had 3-4 cars and 5-6 tuning parts, the rest has been money and typically it is the lowest shown in the animation, however I've only 2k once, which is the same as the number of times I've had a gold bar... overwhelmingly it's 10k. One of the cars I won was the Super Formula Toyota, which I think is a million Cr., so that wasn't too bad.

It's money for nothing though, so no sense in getting bitter about it.

edit: Also, had Aston Martin and Bugatti Invites, but haven't looked at them yet.

Last edited:
I've won 500,000 three times with the roulette. When I finished the final championship with cafe book 39 I received a 6 star roulette that gave me 1,000,000. I got an engine part for a car I don't own and a suspension upgrade for another car I don't own but 999 times out of 1000 I receive either 2,000 , 5000 or 10,000 credits

I think it's fine. GTSport gave you cars everytime, it sucked imo. Having all sorts of racing machines. Now, I only have GR3 Benz I've won in these tickets... Not OP at all. I don't feel entitled to win anything on these tickets and it's fine by me.

The Roulette has been very generous in my case. I have won 1 million twice IIRC, 500k a couple times, 100k several times, 30k and so I have also won a handful of parts as well as cars. ....and yes, also very low amounts as well.

What I don't recall winning yet is an invitation.

I got my 4th roulette car yesterday. A Tundra..... yay....

The chance game has been pretty cruel to me a well. I can count on 2 hands the number of times it's given me something other then the small change stack.

It’s just a bit stupid these still pay 5k when they adjusted the economy to pay better and will presumably keep adding races with higher payouts.

Like why should I even give a **** about a roulette that pays trash when I can get 800k+ in a race.

never won anything with a real lottery ticket zero nil zip zilch nada
at least $5000 is better than nothing
and I have won a couple cars and bigger cash prizes plus some parts

generally if there's "more money" anywhere on the wheel, you'll get the smaller amount of money (I've seen the game pull credits but not the smallest amount exactly once so far).
I had that happen as well tonight. I opened a 6* ticket and it had the big stack of gold bars, the smallest coin stack and one of the medium stacks next to two cars on display in the ceremony. I got 1.000.000 Cr.

Last edited:
Same here every day since I got the game it’s always the smallest amount of money occasionally get some racing part for a car I don’t own

I'd be OK if they just took the roulette part out and just show me the 5,000cr. this way I don't know what I could have won.
or make it actually what it implies, an actual random prize without any weighted items. but that would make sense so I don't see that happening any time soon.

I concur. It’s insulting to receive the smallest reward 99.5% of the time. I would rather them just delete the roulette tickets if they won’t change the algorithm. The reward payouts benefit me 0%.

We know that if you quit before saving and redraw the ticket, you'll get the same item.
Had a thought (dangerous things I know), and it may be something already tested. But has anyone tried quitting, then doing a race and redrawing the ticket. Do we know if the ticket is predetermined at the time it's awarded and set for good then, or could it be reshuffled should a significant enough event take place after it's been awarded?

I would test this myself, but I'm away from console due to life for a few days.

Last edited:
Worse than getting the minimum cash amount, this morning, from the lottery, I received an invitation for a car I absolutely do not need or want. :rolleyes:

Anyone remember that episode in a British tv show, i think it was Bottom, where there is a company that sells products that are annoying to the clients, like a package that can't be opened? I think GT7 is something like that.

Last edited:
I got the Vulcan from the 6 star when I completed the menu. All dailies have been lowest possible every time since then...

Skip the animation - waste of time. Oh, and now we have a "random" star ticket (afaik we have no way to influence this), then the "random" roulette wheel? I guess I could just let them expire. I realize no one at PD can see me saluting them with my middle finger at the disclosure of lowest possible reward, but I feel better.

Don’t want this to feel like it’s rubbing it in but as far as my experience it’s been well spread out from gold amounts to cars and even the ticket type each day got 100k today and 500k last week are you getting the daily mileage ? Also I cross my fingers and vision what I want 😁 doubt it works but it can’t make it worse 👍
I also race a lot and earn a lot and spend a lot not sure if that impacts my ticket chances but again can’t hurt trying gotta love LeMans 700 Sardegna Road and Spa Touring 800 Been racing them clean with the R92CP love that car

Last edited:
Don’t want this to feel like it’s rubbing it in but as far as my experience it’s been well spread out from gold amounts to cars and even the ticket type each day got 100k today and 500k last week are you getting the daily mileage ? Also I cross my fingers and vision what I want 😁 doubt it works but it can’t make it worse 👍
I also race a lot and earn a lot and spend a lot not sure if that impacts my ticket chances but again can’t hurt trying gotta love LeMans 700 Sardegna Road and Spa Touring 800 Been racing them clean with the R92CP love that car
What DW ticket you get or what prize you get is not affected by spending lot or how many races you do.

Cause if it was My gift box wouldn't be fill with useless 3* tickets.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240129093717.jpg
Cant delete them so I have to wait till they expire.

Back