• 36 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colombia
Bogota,Colombia
GTP_ARP93
Hi there fellow :gtplanet:'ers:

Cool Bannner By: Nenad.​

Year 2010 is almost here, and to get more excuses to get your butt behind your wheel and do some quality seat time (other than the magnificent WRS and EYSII) I was planning on doing a time trial tournament with the EVO 10, a great car for training which comes in two variants, which makes it perfect for begginer and maybe experienced drivers as well. Also...Year MMX...Mitsubishi Motors evo X... :P.

This tournament will comply with GT WRS OnLineRacing Rules, and will be available to all GTP members. Competition will be divided in two tiers, one for the standard EVO X (which will be sort of a "begginer" level) and one for the "Tuned by PD" EVO X (which is supposed to be more challenging), Tier 2 for the ones racing on the standard EVO X and Tier 1 for the ones racing on the tuned EVO X. In order not to interfer with things like Social Life/WRS/EYS II, there will be a time period of two weeks between rounds.

The idea is making a one-make championship that will run across al GT5P tracks. Since all tracks have two variants, one will be run by Tier 2 and the other by Tier 1.

If you are interested in an event of this sort, which can be a good way to increase your skills, please post here to register your interest. Also, state which Tier you want to join, 1, 2, or both.

Interested ones (so far):

*crazytortise (Tier1)
*LancerEvo7GSR (Tiers 1&2)
*maximumattack (Tier 1)
*DGiant2000 (Tier 1)
*TheStig13 (Tier 2)
*dranddad (Tiers 1&2)
*horde_r35 (Tiers 1&2)
*tony1311 (Tiers 1&2)
*GTP_ken_b
*Crispy74 (Tiers 1&2)
*Ren831 (Tier 1)
*Captain Roh (Tier 1)
*Blitz187 (Tier 1)
*lbsf1 (Tiers 1&2)
*MadMax86 (Tier 2)
*CarBastard (Tiers 2)​

Registrations will close on January 10th (Sunday) at 23:59 GMT. Since enough competitors are registered, the first round will begin on January 11th (Monday).

All the best, and happy new year, Alejandro :cheers:.

Last edited:
Hmmm very interesting concept here. Might be a bit much with being in WRS and EYS II but will sleep on it. Could be great fun 👍

Hmmm very interesting concept here. Might be a bit much with being in WRS and EYS II but will sleep on it. Could be great fun 👍

I'll be leaving a 2 week period for each round so people are allowed to have a breath and, the main goal of this tournament, practice.

Should I sign you in Tier 1?

If the GTP tag wasn't necessary I'd do it, I just don't have internet so I don't need one yet.

If the GTP tag wasn't necessary I'd do it, I just don't have internet so I don't need one yet.

Ok, then forget about GTP Tag, I thought of it for organizing this with GTP divisions but it would be leaving a lot of members behind.

Shall I add you to any Tier?

I'm always looking to improve my GT skills, my only reservation like CrazyTortise is that I'm participating in both the WRS & EYS at the moment and don't want to let you down by being a part time competitor. :sly:

I'm always looking to improve my GT skills, my only reservation like CrazyTortise is that I'm participating in both the WRS & EYS at the moment and don't want to let you down by being a part time competitor. :sly:

Well, as I answered to crazytortoise, you have two weeks per round here, and the car is a fairly manageable one, shouldn't take you much time ;). Want me to sign you in anyways?

Sign me up for tier 2 please.
Also, do we need to send in replays for time verification?

Sign me up for tier 2 please.
Also, do we need to send in replays for time verification?

To TheStig: Yes, the idea is sending all replays. Main reason is to get feedback for everyone.

To Andy: It's great to count with you mate ;).

Right now I can't add you guys to the list (PS3 browser doesn't allow me to edit my first post) but I will soon.

Last edited:
Alejandro nice idea.

Started doing this some time ago on the pad with FF cars, never carried on with the dfgt.

So put my name in the pot, as I have time on my hands I'll go into both, may get me going on TT's again where I left off.

Phillip.

Very original mate! Sign me up:tup::)! (Tier 1 & 2)

Last edited:
I'll be leaving a 2 week period for each round so people are allowed to have a breath and, the main goal of this tournament, practice.

Should I sign you in Tier 1?

Oh what the hell, sign me up buddy 👍

Tier 1 please

Oh and its CRAZYTORTISE, NOT CRAZYTORTOISE :sly:

First of all Happy New Year to everybody !!! :cheers:

Alejandro, great idea, count me in for Tier 1

Cheers
Ren

Seems well thought out and fun... Im not a great TTer but I will give it a go :) Set me in the Tuned Tier ;) One question though... What is the 411 on tuning? Is it allowed or are we driving all stock setup?

Seems well thought out and fun... Im not a great TTer but I will give it a go :) Set me in the Tuned Tier ;) One question though... What is the 411 on tuning? Is it allowed or are we driving all stock setup?

Going out on a limb here but im guessing if they TT's we can't tune ;)

Great to see you here Blitz! As crazytortise said, no tuning is allowed since TTs are done in arcade mode and the idea is having the field as levelled as possible. Cheers.

Going out on a limb here but im guessing if they TT's we can't tune ;)

Great to see you here Blitz! As crazytortise said, no tuning is allowed since TTs are done in arcade mode and the idea is having the field as levelled as possible. Cheers.

Darn it!! :) There goes my advantage... :P Ok no worries... Sign me up for the Tuned Evo!

I was thinking that each round being two weeks and GT5 "coming" on March, we should be done by then so we can focus on our soon-to-be new toy.

What do you guys think? Should I start the first round earlier? Make the rounds a tad shorter? What problems can this two solutions spread?

Greetings ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back