• Thread starter Nismonath5
  • 4 comments

Nismonath5

Premium
New Zealand
South Auckland, New Zealand
Nismonath5
Hey people!

I've got a standard, straight-from-the-box G29 wheel setup that I'm currently using (and loving!!!). However a few weeks after purchase, I've noticed a very slight squeaking that only occurs when I'm steering. It's slowly gotten a bit louder and more pronounced, so I'm wondering how to fix it. Does something need lubricating? :boggled:

It's all under warranty and whatnot so getting a replacement or repair is no worries, just wondered if there was anything I could do to fix it here at home. Cheers!

It will due to something internal so yes you could no doubt open it up and grease something but as it is new I'd just get it replaced.

I don't warranty anything unless it's a motor failure as generally these commercial wheels are very easy to fix and I don't like being without my gear even for a week.

If you bought it local and can swap it same day great, but if it's a mail order and you only have a short time left in the warranty I'd crack it open and grease it properly. Plenty of how to videos out there if you don't know how.

I've had my Fanatec opened up to clean a few times already, checking the belt etc. Easy stuff.

Okay so I literally just turned the wheel lock to lock a few times without FFB, and that seems to gave helped. Might keep doing it every so often and seeing if that continues to lessen the squeak. Cheers guys!!!

Back