Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
IA License|550PP WTCC Mount Panorama Winner!

Despite the win, I believe this car needs a review. Maybe MPanorama and the car do not match, but with RH, suffered a massive oversteer. Switched to SS, some of the oversteer was tammed.
During the race, the bumps were terrible to the car...

Sorry Shaun, it's my first not so good review... :indiff:
No need to apologise. I suspect that this car was not tuned at Bathurst which is one reason it isn't quite as competitive there. If memory serves me correct, it was tuned at places like Silverstone and Nurburgring GP/F track where everything is smooth and I think it had a full aero package. including flat floor to help with the handling around those tracks. Ill take another look and check it out though. :)

No need to apologise. I suspect that this car was not tuned at Bathurst which is one reason it isn't quite as competitive there. If memory serves me correct, it was tuned at places like Silverstone and Nurburgring GP/F track where everything is smooth and I think it had a full aero package. including flat floor to help with the handling around those tracks. Ill take another look and check it out though. :)

:bowdown: Will do new run with FF and "review the review"... :crazy:

I just took the car for a test run on Bathurst, (Aston Martin GT3) and yes, you are right, it is a little over steering but that isn't the car so much as it is the effect the track has on the car. As I mentioned, it was tuned on uber-smooth tracks and the roughness of the aussies is messing with that a little but nothing too bad in my view. I am looking forward to your review of your review as you put it :)

Photo Art from Ha Long Bay

P1000403.JPG

I just took the car for a test run on Bathurst, (Aston Martin GT3) and yes, you are right, it is a little over steering but that isn't the car so much as it is the effect the track has on the car. As I mentioned, it was tuned on uber-smooth tracks and the roughness of the aussies is messing with that a little but nothing too bad in my view. I am looking forward to your review of your review as you put it :)

OK, now I feel like a :dunce:...

What a difference! Who would guess from a simple Flat Floor... Im doing the the race again right now and im leader at the beginning of lap 2... :crazy:

So, new review:

Fast and stable, despite being tuned to smooth tracks, dealt with MPanorama very well... 👍

:)

Last edited:
OK, now I feel like a :dunce:...

What a difference! Who would guess from a simple Flat Floor... Im doing the the race again right now and im leader at the beginning of lap 2... :crazy:

So, new review:

Fast and stable, despite being tuned to smooth tracks, dealt with MPanorama very good... 👍

:)
No worries. As I said, typo from my side so really not your fault. Glad you are enjoying the car now. :)

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

600PP
586 BHP
975kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/100
14.00/14.10
5/4
6/7
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.743
2nd 2.136
3rd 1.688
4th 1.376
5th 1.159
6th 1.021
Set final gear to 3.365

FC LSD
10/14/18
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 96.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 2
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
350/600

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune is not the smoothest turning RX-7 Touring Car but it completely safe to use for DS3 users. It turns in well, has lots of grip on corner exit and can do Sub 2 min lap times at Silverstone and 1 min 25 second lap times on Brands Hatch Consistently.

View attachment 149472

Damn, this thing is fast! :eek: And nimble! Made history in Mount Panorama, broke the 2 minutes barrier!!

DSC_0010.JPG

This car and this track are made for each other. 👍

Damn, this thing is fast! :eek: And nimble! Made history in Mount Panorama, broke the 2 minutes barrier!!

This car and this track are made for each other. 👍
Excellent time. This car in your hands is a very good ride. :)

This thing is a beast:) sticks like glue to the track but if you miss your breaking point your going off roading:D(the bnr34 skyline that is)
I assume you mean the 600PP SS version? If so, then I can see what you mean, You have to hit the braking points to get the best out of this tune. It will get a little angry and punish you if you miss them by a few meters.

TVR Tamora '02

500PP
333 BHP
980kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil
(Check PP before applying this oil change)
Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
80/85
8.00/7.80
5/5
4/4
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.581
2nd 1.921
3rd 1.504
4th 1.220
5th 1.017
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
12/16/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 96.5%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Bonnet

tamoraimg1-jpg.138126
tamoraimg2-jpg.138127
tamoraimg3-jpg.138128
tamoraimg4-jpg.138129

Last edited:
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition '12

500PP
367 BHP
1503kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Soft Tyres
NO Oil Change
(in an electric engine??)

FC Suspension

F/R
70/80
12.00/11.50
5/4
4/4
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
10/12/16

Set power limiter to 82.9%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

teslaaeimg1-jpg.167809

teslaaeimg2-jpg.167810

Last edited:
Photo Art from Ha Long Bay

View attachment 239810

Photo Art from Laos (Don Det Island)

View attachment 239742

Nice pics Shaun....👍

I see your'e still banging out loads of tunes mate...."He's a machine" A great quote from COD World of War....Where do you get the time....I haven't really been on GT6 for a few days...i really do need to get these seasonals done..i did get Gold the other night on the Nismo Super Lap with your 600pp GT-R NISMO '14 Tune...Which drove really well i might say...I really enjoyed this car on here...Great Tune...Cheers Mate.....👍

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition '12

500PP
367 BHP
1503kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Hard Tyres
NO Oil Change
(in an electric engine??)

FC Suspension

F/R
70/80
12.00/11.50
5/4
4/4
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
10/12/16

Set power limiter to 82.9%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

teslaaeimg1-jpg.167809

teslaaeimg2-jpg.167810

Looks a cool car...i never got this one with my Anniversary Pack...Thats a shame.

Nice pics Shaun....👍

I see your'e still banging out loads of tunes mate...."He's a machine" A great quote from COD World of War....Where do you get the time....I haven't really been on GT6 for a few days...i really do need to get these seasonals done..i did get Gold the other night on the Nismo Super Lap with your 600pp GT-R NISMO '14 Tune...Which drove really well i might say...I really enjoyed this car on here...Great Tune...Cheers Mate.....👍
I study for a few hours. give myself a few hours break. The tunes I have been publishing today have been revisions of previous tyre compounds so they didn't take as long to finalise as a tune which I have to start from scratch. I use to play Modern Warfare 2 online ages ago when I had a PC. Great game that was. Just working on another variation of an american electric car but it should be pretty fast when I'm finished. You should do those seasonals' quick. Get the pay day and the paint chips. I think the new seasonal events come out this thursday.

I study for a few hours. give myself a few hours break. The tunes I have been publishing today have been revisions of previous tyre compounds so they didn't take as long to finalise as a tune which I have to start from scratch. I use to play Modern Warfare 2 online ages ago when I had a PC. Great game that was. Just working on another variation of an american electric car but it should be pretty fast when I'm finished. You should do those seasonals' quick. Get the pay day and the paint chips. I think the new seasonal events come out this thursday.

It's good that your'e expanding your garage with different tires on the tunes you already have...it will make it so much easier to do Trio's of some seasonals using the same car with different PP'S and tires....Wicked....👍

COD games were so good online back in the day....👍

It works on the normal version too I believe.

Cool i will give it ago once i've tackled the seasonals.....:cheers:

Expert Level Rainmasters | Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, 5 Laps | 500PP | SS
View attachment 240065
BMW 135i Coupe '07 | 500PP | SS | STD Brakes ABS 0 | No Aids | G27 | Winner

View attachment 240066
View attachment 240067
TVR T350C '03 | 500PP | SS | STD Brakes ABS 0 | No Aids | G27 | Winner​
Did the RUF miss its braking point? It seems a very long way off the racing line. Great job by the way with no aids and using standard brakes, I doubt I would be that good in the rain with zero abs on. :)

Did the RUF miss its braking point? It seems a very long way off the racing line. Great job by the way with no aids and using standard brakes, I doubt I would be that good in the rain with zero abs on. :)
Yes, I've enjoyed very much the RUF's failing. :lol:

The BMW is great and powerful. It can fool you easily with the docile engine sound. Just when you look at the indicator you realize the over 200 kph.

Thank you. :)

I use a DS3 and can manage to roll on & off the accelerator with ease.
Coming off the brakes is ok too but trying to apply the brakes smoothly isn't as easy for some reason.

I used to have a Logitech wheel & pedals back when GT3 was all the rage but after a while it got sick with a bug or two and retired.
A mate bought the same wheel when GT4 was released but it was of poor quality with the cord coming away from the pedals exposing the wires inside & didn't take long to develop noises in the steering.
I'd only consider another wheel of the highest grade & with a suitable mounting solution.

Lotus Elise 111R '04 cars are coming.. Just started to tune up 3 versions with full body kits and will do another car with no rear wing. This is my afternoons treat after getting 8 out of 10 in my Anatomy and Physiology test for uni today.

Edit: I may be some time, not because they are hard to tune. I have seen how devastating good these cars can be so I want to make them amazing in every aspect before I publish. Stability on these tunes aren't good enough... These cars are like the SAS of the british army... They deserve to be shown respect and need some extra TLC to make them worthy of that stature :)

Last edited:
Lotus Elise 111R '04 cars are coming.. Just started to tune up 3 versions with full body kits and will do another car with no rear wing. This is my afternoons treat after getting 8 out of 10 in my Anatomy and Physiology test for uni today.

Edit: I may be some time, not because they are hard to tune. I have seen how devastating good these cars can be so I want to make them amazing in every aspect before I publish. Stability on these tunes aren't good enough... These cars are like the SAS of the british army... They deserve to be shown respect and need some extra TLC to make them worthy of that stature :)
Looking forward. What are the PP Ranges going to be, if may I ask?

Latest Posts

Back