Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
A Spec Events (Updated 26/6/14)

P1010287.JPG

Confirmed Guaranteed Golds. Like with the last A Spec Seasonals, If you use a tune from my garage, id be grateful if you'd me know which tune you used successfully so I can add it to this list. Many thanks. I really do appreciate the feedback and thoughts on these tunes all of you give.

Edit: 3 Golds in the bag. The 700PP race is going to be a fun credit grinder, thats for sure.

450PP SH (Autumn Ring)
BMW 120d (Pete05 Version)
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08 (350PP CS)
Honda Accord Euro-R '02
Honda CRZ '10 (With additional power upgrades)
Lotus Elise 111S '03
Lotus Elise Type 72 '01
Mini Cooper '02 (350PP CS)
Mini Cooper S '11
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00 (400PP SH)
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 2.0 16V '02 (400PP CS)
Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 (Reduced power parts)
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94

550PP SM (Apricot Hill)
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 (With SM Tyres and LSD set to 12/10/16 instead of 10/12/16)
Audi R8 Chrome Line (550PP Version)
Audi TTS Coupe '09 (500PP with SM Tyres)
BMW M3 GTR '03 (550PP version with SM Tyres)
Ferrari 458 '09
Ferrari 430 '06
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Lexus LFA Nurburgring '12
Maserati GranTurismo S '08
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
SRT Challenger SRT8 '08 (Pete05 Version with SM Tyres)
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00

700PP RH (Spa)
Audi R8 Race Car '01
Mazda 787B Stealth Car

Last edited:
Wow, 3 Gold for Breakfast. AI's acting more friendly at Spa and no Shortcut Penalty at Eau Rouge :)

Edit: At Spa i won with the Audi R8 Race Car and Mazda 787B Stealth Model. All with one Attempt
The Audi R8 Race Car from my Garage or was it your own? trying to save myself time if I know of a winner already :)
Another wicked tune...she handles lovely:) cheers
Yes, This old car certainly is no slouch! she can put newer models to shame.

With your Tune of course ;)
I am happily surprised how suited the tune I created is to Spa. It has so much grip, if only my driving skill was as equal and id be in the lead by now. Im up into 6th place after 3 collision penalties, 2 offs and being rammed up the bottom. Fun times!

Edit: even with all of the above, I got to within 1 second of the lead cars and then boom, they braked early and I got the collision penalty. Still got 3rd and 6 seconds behind them. This car is most definitely capable. :)

Last edited:
Honda CRZ '10

400PP
162 BHP
1025kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Comfort Soft Tyres

Aerokit Type A
Custom Wing Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
135/140
4.50/3.25
5/3
4/5
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

Six Speed Transmission

FC LSD
12/14/16
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 98.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
all other engine parts standard

Downforce set to 16
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 70kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 135145
Hi i used this for the seasonal Autumn ring mini...very nice tune:) i used all your settings but boosted power..ie Power 92%
Stage 2
S C
S E
I S M
C C S
I T
M R T K
Best Lap 43.256
A really nice tune shaun thx:)

I am happily surprised how suited the tune I created is to Spa. It has so much grip, if only my driving skill was as equal and id be in the lead by now. Im up into 6th place after 3 collision penalties, 2 offs and being rammed up the bottom. Fun times!

Edit: even with all of the above, I got to within 1 second of the lead cars and then boom, they braked early and I got the collision penalty. Still got 3rd and 6 seconds behind them. This car is most definitely capable. :)
With the Bentley i was 5 seconds behind the leading Pescarolo before the last chicane and off he goes. I accepted the invitation and won. They drive like drunk :cheers:

With the Bentley i was 5 seconds behind the leading Pescarolo before the last chicane and off he goes. I accepted the invitation and won. They drive like drunk :cheers:
They really do! I was 18 seconds behind on lap 4 (my errors and spins obviously). So, I drive 2 clean laps and coming onto lap 5, both lead cars make the same mistake on the first corner, I grab second place from 10 seconds back of 2nd place and then follow up the hill and take the lead car through eau rouge. Once I did that, the 2nd place car proceeds to make another error 5 or 6 corners before the finish straight so I end up winning by 5 seconds... Taking candy from a baby is almost too generous a saying for this one.

Argh, The ring at night in a car which isn't tuned in the slightest. I am going to pass on that one. I really wanted that paint colour too. I can't complete a lap of the 'ring in day light without going off at some point so I've got no chance in the dark.
If I can do it you can too, I believe in you! It took me a few hours every few days but I did it today using TCS 4, ABS 1, ASM OFF, and controller sensitivity 7. P.S. Before this race I would do whatever I could to avoid Nurburgring and now I kinda like it :)

If I can do it you can too, I believe in you! It took me a few hours every few days but I did it today using TCS 4, ABS 1, ASM OFF, and controller sensitivity 7. P.S. Before this race I would do whatever I could to avoid Nurburgring and now I kinda like it :)
I got bronze and thats more than enough for me. Its not that I dislike the ring, Its a very fun circuit and I love races round there. Just not when I get disqualified for going off track.

Current Development Program

Honda Accord Euro-R '02 (450PP SH)
Toyota GAZOO racing Toyota 86 166 '12 (500PP RH)
Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12 (450PP RH)
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00 (SM-SS Tyres) - Done
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 (500PP SM)
Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00 (400PP CS)

Last edited:
I got bronze and thats more than enough for me. Its not that I dislike the ring, Its a very fun circuit and I love races round there. Just not when I get disqualified for going off track.
I know the feeling, had it happen many times before I finally golded it.

The Audi R8 Race Car from my Garage or was it your own? trying to save myself time if I know of a winner already :)

Yes, This old car certainly is no slouch! she can put newer models to shame.

Morning Shaun i don't enough credits at mo for the Audi R8 race car yet or the Bentley:( but i do have a Toyota minolta which i used in Spa 700pp seasonal and won first try with it...i got 206's on all 5 laps..fastest lap 206.047:) i just wondered if you have this car or are going to tune one because i would like to try your tune...no worries if you dont...because i know how costly these cars are cheers Badger

Ferrari 458 Italia '09

600PP
677 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/90
9.30/13.50
5/6
4/7
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
(I have kept this the same from Praiano63 transmission setup as it was perfect for this tune) Many thanks @praiano63
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.111
2nd 2.466
3rd 1.990
4th 1.646
5th 1.396
6th 1.193
7th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.500

FC LSD
12/13/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Power limiter set to 95.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is slidey but very controllable. The back end is a little looser than most 458 tunes I have tried, but it works well on DS3. This car is not great on tyre wear (such as willow springs 20 miles) but on super car festival, tuned car festival etc it is a real blast. This car really loves to eat up the corners.

This is a Mark 1 tune for me. Once I have more time in the future to get a better tyre wear version done, ill do that as mark 2. For now, I am happy with the results of this tune.

View attachment 139352[/quote
]
Lovely tune for New Apricot Hill 550pp seasonal ..settings as above but power dropped to 78.2% all other power parts standard....it drives very nice on this track...but dont hit the corners to fast.
Fastest Lap so far.. 129.921 :) cheers shaun

Last edited:
A Spec Events (Updated 26/6/14)

View attachment 176604

Confirmed Guaranteed Golds. Like with the last A Spec Seasonals, If you use a tune from my garage, id be grateful if you'd me know which tune you used successfully so I can add it to this list. Many thanks. I really do appreciate the feedback and thoughts on these tunes all of you give.

Edit: 3 Golds in the bag. The 700PP race is going to be a fun credit grinder, thats for sure.

450PP SH (Autumn Ring)
Honda Accord Euro-R '02 (Currently still a work in progress)
Honda CRZ '10 (With additional power upgrades)
Mini Cooper S '11
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94

500PP SM (Apricot Hill)
Audi R8 Chrome Line (550PP Version)
Maserati GranTurismo S '08

700PP RH (Spa)
Audi R8 Race Car '01

Apricot Hill Seasonal is 550pp Shaunie boy:) i know you know this and its just a typo error:)

Morning Shaun i don't enough credits at mo for the Audi R8 race car yet or the Bentley:( but i do have a Toyota minolta which i used in Spa 700pp seasonal and won first try with it...i got 206's on all 5 laps..fastest lap 206.047:) i just wondered if you have this car or are going to tune one because i would like to try your tune...no worries if you dont...because i know how costly these cars are cheers Badger
Morning. I am checking my garage now and the only cars which I currently own which stand a chance of beating the LMPs at Spa are;

Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Tune already created)
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (Using Praianos tune)
Ferrari FXX '07 (May need retune since 1.09 to exploit this car fully - Will do this later)
Chaparral 2J '70 (Using Praiano tune)
Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 (Praiano Tune)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (Tune already create - 615PP, so a challenge to win but maybe possible)

Thats all the High PP cars I have in my garage (Spot the guy who didn't make use of 1.01 glitch :) )

I am grinding credits at the moment whilst tuning to acquire a number of LMP cars for the future. these may not be brought for a while.

Apricot Hill Seasonal is 550pp Shaunie boy:) i know you know this and its just a typo error:)
Ah yes, you are correct, I must have got distracted by the amazing site of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Amended now.
Ferrari 458 Italia post
I can tell you was going to say something good about this car.. Probably something to do with slapping a set of SM tyres on it and going for gold?

Ah yes, you are correct, I must have got distracted by the amazing site of Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Amended now.

Ferrari 458 Italia post
I can tell you was going to say something good about this car.. Probably something to do with slapping a set of SM tyres on it and going for gold?

Ferrari 458 Italia post
Lol and you knew I was going to use this car for this didn't you...lol what can i say she's a beautiful machine and of course a wicked set up:)

Morning. I am checking my garage now and the only cars which I currently own which stand a chance of beating the LMPs at Spa are;

Audi R8 Race Car '01 (Tune already created)
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (Using Praianos tune)
Ferrari FXX '07 (May need retune since 1.09 to exploit this car fully - Will do this later)
Chaparral 2J '70 (Using Praiano tune)
Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11 (Praiano Tune)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (Tune already create - 615PP, so a challenge to win but maybe possible)

Thats all the High PP cars I have in my garage (Spot the guy who didn't make use of 1.01 glitch :) )

I am grinding credits at the moment whilst tuning to acquire a number of LMP cars for the future. these may not be brought for a while.
No probs mate...i only have the Chaparra and R18 TDIl in my garage from the cars above..might give them ago..but they might not be up to it.my Minolta was Praiano tune also..it was nice:) i tried the Peugeot 908 HDi Fap 10 but could only manage 4th...it didnt quite have power to keep up:( looking forward to waiting to see what other car you tune for it :) Happy grinding

Last edited:
The new Toyota TS030 with 620 PP is ok. Not very fast on the Straight but stable at Curves. 2.06 Laps are possible

Edit: The Fastes at Spa is the Mazda 787B. 220 mph at the Straight and Lap Time 1.59 min

Last edited:
Thought I would write in and Thank You for all the work you put into tuning these cars up for a "Rookie" GT player like myself! lol This is the first Gran Turismo game I have played. Never owned a Play Station until about 9 months ago when I said screw it and I went out and bought a PS3, NASCAR '14, a set of headphones, (GT6 when it came out in Dec.) and a G27 wheel. Now I'm officially hooked!! So with that said you wanted feedback on what tunes were working for the seasonal event A-specs so I used your tune on the Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 on the Beginner's 450pp race!. I used pretty much everything you had and just tweaked the power around to hit the 450pp mark and gave it a run. I got gold on my first go at it!! So if a "Rookie" like myself can throw it on the track with your tune and Gold first shot then it might be good for some others as well? Either way Thanks again for the help! Cheers!!

No probs mate...i only have the Chaparra and R18 TDIl in my garage from the cars above..might give them ago..but they might not be up to it.my Minolta was Praiano tune also..it was nice:) i tried the Peugeot 908 HDi Fap 10 but could only manage 4th...it didnt quite have power to keep up:( looking forward to waiting to see what other car you tune for it :) Happy grinding
I should have the Peugeot 908 HDi. I think I recall buying one of them at some point. I shall have a recheck of my garage and see what tune is already applied and if its still to my liking. If I do own it, it'll be a Praiano tune probably.

The new Toyota TS030 with 620 PP is also ok. Not very fast on the Straight but stable at Curves. 2.06 Laps are possible
Thats really good times at that power! you must have hit some really clean laps. I think I managed one lap at 2.08 but the rest were 2.12 - 2.15s because of AI braking way before the corner and me flying into the back of them because I hadn't reached my breaking point yet.

Thought I would write in and Thank You for all the work you put into tuning these cars up for a "Rookie" GT player like myself! lol This is the first Gran Turismo game I have played. Never owned a Play Station until about 9 months ago when I said screw it and I went out and bought a PS3, NASCAR '14, a set of headphones, (GT6 when it came out in Dec.) and a G27 wheel. Now I'm officially hooked!! So with that said you wanted feedback on what tunes were working for the seasonal event A-specs so I used your tune on the Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 on the Beginner's 450pp race!. I used pretty much everything you had and just tweaked the power around to hit the 450pp mark and gave it a run. I got gold on my first go at it!! So if a "Rookie" like myself can throw it on the track with your tune and Gold first shot then it might be good for some others as well? Either way Thanks again for the help! Cheers!!
Your welcome for the tunes, I do them for this exact reason, to help others out in career races and in the seasonals. I remember is GT5 when I use to struggle a little and I found a couple of tuners which helped me get through that game. Now I am paying Karma back for the good things back then with helping others in GT6.

The new Toyota TS030 with 620 PP is also ok. Not very fast on the Straight but stable at Curves. 2.06 Laps are possible

Hi guys another race car for Spa to consider is the Mazda 787B Stealth model or normal one i had one of Praianos tunes in my garage..she also got gold first try...best lap 205.257 and she sounds awesome:)

Got her down to 203's per lap:)

update: New Lap time 2.01.096:)

Last edited:
Well your tunes are 2 for 2 now!!.. I used your LFA Nurburgring '12 tune that you had set @550pp & I had that car so I said lets give a shot and I Gotz me another Gold! lol I drove it like I stole it but I passed the leader on the last straight on lap 5 first go.. Must be a glitch in the system or something.. lol Thanks again Man!!

Well your tunes are 2 for 2 now!!.. I used your LFA Nurburgring '12 tune that you had set @550pp & I had that car so I said lets give a shot and I Gotz me another Gold! lol I drove it like I stole it but I passed the leader on the last straight on lap 5 first go.. Must be a glitch in the system or something.. lol Thanks again Man!!
You'll probably find that most of my 550PP SS tunes will work pretty good with SM tyres. I imagine the grip level you expect at times may not be there (such as in the middle of the long curve) but that shouldn't stop the car being consistent throughout the lap as a whole. The 458 Italia is another one which you can throw around with SM tyres on it and it will give you the win easily. Just about to publish a new set of tunes. 2 of which are specifically designed for Apricot Hill and two for Autumn Ring.

I should have the Peugeot 908 HDi. I think I recall buying one of them at some point. I shall have a recheck of my garage and see what tune is already applied and if its still to my liking. If I do own it, it'll be a Praiano proberly.
Finally got gold with the Peugeot 908 HDi:) 206's

Tommykaira ZZ-S '00

550PP
277 BHP
622kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Medium Tyres

NO Oil Change
Custom Wing

Wing Stay E
Wing I
Winglets N
Wing Size -3
Wing Width +14

FC Suspension
F/R
90/95
4.40/4.95
5/5
4/6
2/4
2.0/1.4
-0.05/0.08

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.859
2nd 2.239
3rd 1.771
4th 1.467
5th 1.249
6th 1.096
Set final gear to 3.020

FC LSD
10/12/16
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 97.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Downforce set to 17

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

This tune has hints of understeer in it to warn the driver when the car is at its corning limit. Use throttle control to bring the car back onto the racing line and this will keep the car balanced and fast through the corner. It may only have 277 horses but it is very efficient in how it uses them. Keep in the Turbo power range and this car will do 1.29s each and every lap on Apricot Hill.

ZZSImg1.jpg

ZZSImg2.jpg

Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07

500PP
396 BHP
1360kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Medium Tyre

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Custom Wing Type B