Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hi Shaun ! There are new Time Trials and Drift Events. For the Red Bull Super Lap i used the Ford GT LM Spec II just with the Limiter down to 600 PP. Time was 1.2842. Also good is the VW GTI Vision (first lap 1.29 ) and the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM Race Car (1.28..) Ascari i won with the McLaren MP4 12C but this was not so easy. Still stumble at Drifting. All Cars expect the Corvette was tuned with your Settings :cheers:

Edit: for the Ford GT: Engine Tuning to Normal and no Supercharger

Edit 2: I run the Corvette now with your Settings (Page 13) and i did a 1.271 :) Just Engine to normal, no Supercharger. Limiter to 87.8 and Final Gear to 3400
I am at work at the mo but I had time to do red bull ring before work. I used the Toyota TS030 hybrid tuned down to 600pp and got a 1.26 on the first lap. There is a lot more speed there though if I am brave enough to carry more speed through the sharp bends. I will tune up an mx5 later for drifting and give the mp4 12-c on ascari. I have a Ferrari California tuned at 550pp with ah tyres already so that should work too.

At Ascari i won again with a BMW M3 chrome line and i drived the Ferrari California but i had 5 go offs and one clean Lap but 1 Second over Gold. There are no more Credits to win so i loose interest. Your choice with the Toyota TS030 was the best cause it's the fastes Car so far (1.25..) :) Ascari is a wicked Track with the Disqualification by touching the Grass

Last edited:
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

442PP
219 BHP
903kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Inch Up: 1 Wheels

Comfort Hard Tyres

FC Sus
F/R
105/110
4.00/4.50
5/6
4/5
1/2
0.0/0.0
-0.28/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
8/2

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.850
2nd 2.180
3rd 1.687
4th 1.393
5th 1.198
6th 1.067
Set final gear to 5.000

FC LSD
42/48/15
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power limiter set to 100.0%
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Achieved gold with 8500 points on the new Drift Trial seasonal.

MX5DriftImg1.jpg

MX5DriftImg2.jpg

Last edited:
At Ascari i won again with a BMW M3 chrome line and i drived the Ferrari California but i had 5 go offs and one clean Lap but 1 Second over Gold. There are no more Credits to win so i loose interest. Your choice with the Toyota TS030 was the best cause it's the fastes Car so far (1.25..) :) Ascari is a wicked Track with the Disqualification by touching the Grass
Did you add power parts (on the BMW M3 Chrome Line) to reach 550PP or did you leave it at 500PP to get gold? Also, you should add me to PSN account so I can see what lines you are taking, I think I may be able to learn something from you when it comes to driving lines. Mine aren't the best and I'm sure I can be faster.

Did you add power parts (on the BMW M3 Chrome Line) to reach 550PP or did you leave it at 500PP to get gold? Also, you should add me to PSN account so I can see what lines you are taking, I think I may be able to learn something from you when it comes to driving lines. Mine aren't the best and I'm sure I can be faster.
At this Case just Enging Tuning stage 3 for the BMW. For Time Trials i always use max PP. But how can i add you to PSN account ?

Edit : Ok Shaun i have you on my Friedlist :). It's only you and diaz ;)

Last edited:
At this Case just Enging Tuning stage 3 for the BMW. For Time Trials i always use max PP. But how can i add you to PSN account ?
I have upped it all the way to 550PP with all engine parts. I should be able to get gold now.
You goto Friends (when you press the PS button) or on the PS menu system, Add a friend and type in my PS user name morans1980. That should send me a friend request which i can authorise. I have sent a friend request to your username now. (chrisspeed281).

I have upped it all the way to 550PP with all engine parts. I should be able to get gold now.
You goto Friends (when you press the PS button) or on the PS menu system, Add a friend and type in my PS user name morans1980. That should send me a friend request which i can authorise. I have sent a friend request to your username now. (chrisspeed281).
OK i have you on my List now :)

Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

520PP
386 BHP
1230kgs
Weight Distributon 53:47

Dirt Tyres

FC Suspension

F/R
130/135
9.00/8.75
5/6
4/5
2/3
1.5/2.0
-0.15/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

Transmission set as standard

FC LSD
20/40
25/50
5/10
Torq Dist Centre Diff
30:70

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Downforce
F/R
150/200

Tuned with ABS 1 only

I managed to get 6800 points with this and get gold. Half luck and half tune. The tip for this car is to swing out wide and come back in clipping the apex with the front of the car before powering through. Its not the nicest drift tune I've created but it got me gold and thats what counts.

SubaruDrift.jpg

Last edited:
Ascari is evil! If only they'd let me use the Audi R8 Chrome Line and id have a lot more confidence going flying into corners! Darn 2 wheel driving! Is the Military paint worth this effort? Time to change from the BMW M3 to something else and see if that improves my not so impressive time.

Edit: Done - McLaren MP4-12C detuned to 550PP. I was trying to do it in the BMW M3 before but I realised my mistake when I drove the McLaren, It is so much better on that track!

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

520PP
386 BHP
1230kgs
Weight Distributon 53:47

Dirt Tyres

FC Suspension

F/R
130/135
9.00/8.75
5/6
4/5
2/3
1.5/2.0
-0.15/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

Transmission set as standard

FC LSD
20/40
25/50
5/10
Torq Dist Centre Diff
30:70

Engine Tuning Stage 3

Downforce
F/R
150/200

Tuned with ABS 1 only

I managed to get 6800 points with this and get gold. Half luck and half tune. The tip for this car is to swing out wide and come back in clipping the apex with the front of the car before powering through. Its not the nicest drift tune I've created but it got me gold and thats what counts.

View attachment 180273
I did it with the Audi S1 but it feels like i'm doing a fast Lap.

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

615PP
529 BHP
900kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
22.25/22.50
6/8
5/7
2/4
2.5/3.0
-0.15/0.30

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.496
2nd 2.685
3rd 2.055
4th 1.670
5th 1.407
6th 1.224
Set final gear to 2.920

FC LSD
8/10/20

Downforce
F/R
525/700

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 174307
View attachment 174308

This tune is very nice for the New seasonal 600pp Time Trial on the Red Bull Ring... 83% power limiter all other settings as above...Gold...Best time so far 1.27.698.
Cheers for this great tune Shaun:)

51.. Points so far. First Curve is ok but at Nr. 2 and 3 i can't earn enough Points
Not trying to teach you how to drift but the best way to get the MX5s points up is to get the drift going before you hit the yellow cones and you will be scoring high before the corner is upon you.
This tune is very nice for the New seasonal 600pp Time Trial on the Red Bull Ring... 83% power limiter all other settings as above...Gold...Best time so far 1.27.698.
Cheers for this great tune Shaun:)
It is a very nice tune. A very easy gold for this track. I reckon you can get another 2 seconds easy out of the Toyota.. I left a second or two on the tarmac when I got a 1.26

Not trying to teach you how to drift but the best way to get the MX5s points up is to get the drift going before you hit the yellow cones and you will be scoring high before the corner is upon you.

It is a very nice tune. A very easy gold for this track. I reckon you can get another 2 seconds easy out of the Toyota.. I left a second or two on the tarmac when I got a 1.26

You're right there's def more in her on this track...but i was Happy with Gold on the first try and got my paint...So i'm going back to Spa now to earn some more credits:) cheers

I wanted to thank you again for giving me a Gold set up. I got gold on lap 2. You have to stay away from the curbs though. I rolled my TS030 on the first attempt and just did a restart. That makes 3 of your set ups that has been the Midas Touch.👍👍👍

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08

650PP
748 BHP
1250kgs

Sports Soft Tyres
Change Oil
Flat Floor Type A

FC Sus

F/R
105/115
15.50/17.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.479
2nd 1.900
3rd 1.450
4th 1.175
5th 0.994
6th 0.868
Set final gear to 3.100

FC LSD
5/8/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power limiter at 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 8kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 128191
A very nice tune Shaun....thanks:)

So far in my garage, I have completed two of the road car VW GTI's. To complete this collection, the next set of cars to be tuned are:

VW Polo GTI '01 (400PP CS) - Done
VW Lupo GTI '01 (350PP CS) - Done
VW Golf IV GTI '01 (450PP SH) - Currently being retuned after testing on another track.

GTIs that have already been tuned are:

VW Golf I GTI '76

Golf76a.jpg

VW Golf V GTI '05

GolfGTI05.jpg

Last edited:

I used your TS030 tune and posted a mid 1,25 as my first run. Tweaked the settings a bit and landed a mid 1,23. The car is more than able to shave off some more time,now it's just a matter of me being able to push it that extra bit to make it.

Keep up the good work Shaun.

I wanted to thank you again for giving me a Gold set up. I got gold on lap 2. You have to stay away from the curbs though. I rolled my TS030 on the first attempt and just did a restart. That makes 3 of your set ups that has been the Midas Touch.👍👍👍
Seasonal tunes are my bread and butter, The garage only came about because of these types of events. I really enjoy driving the TS030. Its unbelievably stable and not in the least bit scary when you plant your right thumb during cornering.

I used your TS030 tune and posted a mid 1,25 as my first run. Tweaked the settings a bit and landed a mid 1,23. The car is more than able to shave off some more time,now it's just a matter of me being able to push it that extra bit to make it.

Keep up the good work Shaun.
Thats a really good time, I think my best in the car was a 1.26 but I left about 1-2 seconds on the tarmac as I wasn't willing to push the tune as much as it was able to go. Driver skill ran out before the tune ran out I think. :)

Seasonal tunes are my bread and butter, The garage only came about because of these types of events. I really enjoy driving the TS030. Its unbelievably stable and not in the least bit scary when you plant your right thumb during cornering.

Thats a really good time, I think my best in the car was a 1.26 but I left about 1-2 seconds on the tarmac as I wasn't willing to push the tune as much as it was able to go. Driver skill ran out before the tune ran out I think. :)

It made for an entertaining drive to say the least. I'm gonna go at it again to see if i can improve my time.
The car itself has more to give,that i'm sure of. But as to my abilities to make it happen remains to be seen.

Oh,and on another note. Your MX5 drift tune... Nice setup on that one. I managed an 8800-ish run.

Keep doing what you do.

It made for an entertaining drive to say the least. I'm gonna go at it again to see if i can improve my time.
The car itself has more to give,that i'm sure of. But as to my abilities to make it happen remains to be seen.

Oh,and on another note. Your MX5 drift tune... Nice setup on that one. I managed an 8800-ish run.

Keep doing what you do.
Im glad the MX5 Drift tune has worked for someone else, was starting to worry it was more luck on my side that got me 8500 points. :)

Ill be here for some time yet, this game is in its infancy and in many ways, so are the tunes, PD will probably give me a reason to re-visit them at some point!

I have only just cottoned on to the fact that the number of posts in my garage has passed 1000 posts. This is quite an honour for me as it means either one thing, either I gabble a lot and have quite a few meaningless conversations or the tunes I create have been talked about and discussed a fair bit.

Id like to thank all the regular contributors to this thread for their continued feedback and comments about my tunes and how they can be improved (and subsequently have been improved based on feedback). The garage and tunes wouldn't be as they are if it wasn't for those who have contributed so much to this thread and for that I am sincerely grateful.

I hope that you all keep visiting and I'll try and keep this thread updated as much as possible with new tunes and maybe reviewing some old tunes which can be improved thanks to the 1.09 update. As always, if you see anything thing that is incorrect, a tune that doesn't feel like it probably should or you just want some general banter, feel free to keep posting in this thread.

Once again, Many thanks!

View attachment 178355
Well done! That is quite an achievement.

I think it is nice to have the odd few conversations along the way as well as tuning talk. It makes the game experience more sweet.

Well done! That is quite an achievement.

I think it is nice to have the odd few conversations along the way as well as tuning talk. It makes the game experience more sweet.
I agree with you. I don't see the point of having such a great platform that GTPlanet is and not using the features to get like minded people talking about not only cars, but having general banter as well. We live in a connected world and GTPlanet is a bit like travelling to me, I can talk to people from all countries, about a common interest very easily.

Back