Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Thats it. No more of this torture. I finally ran a total time (including rolling start of 7.36) and only slid off the track twice (but kept it in the right direction) and I still come second by 3.813 seconds. TCS 4, ABS 2 and SRF turned on. No hope on this one.

That event seems to be your kryptonite, Shaun.. I used to be you back in the day when GT4 was all the rage. It made me feel like a complete oaf thb. From that point on, practice practice and more practice..

At one point i practically lived on the Nurb. Then came GT5, and the hell that is green reared it's face yet again. Countless hours spent on that track, but it has paid off.. I now know that track like the back of my own hand.

One has to invest some time to fully understand the "green hell", but once you do, that feeling is priceless.

I agree 100 %. The RUF BTR was not a easy Car at GT5 but with the GT6 Physics it's like driving on Ice even with all Aids on :indiff: A TC 6 Drift was a new Experience

Edit : all other Tunes work good as always

Its a wicked tune Shaun and i love the sound of it.....but to tame this car and to make it 100% driveable for me i had to Use all aids and then she drove Awesome with AS..Strong, TC 5, Asm..on, Abs...1, Srf on, controller 0.
Brakes changed To F9 R7:tup:

Once i got use to that i started to take of aids one at a time...my end result was Scary But just driveable.
AS....strong
Tc5
Asm off
Abs1
Srf off
Css 0

Very nice though Shaun and well done for being able to drive this ice skating tiger with only abs 1 and tc 1:bowdown:

Last edited:
Its a wicked tune Shaun and i love the sound of it.....but to tame this car and to make it 100% driveable for me i had to Use all aids and then she drove Awesome with AS..Strong, TC 5, Asm..on, Abs...1, Srf on, controller 0.
Brakes changed To F9 R7:tup:

Once i got use to that i started to take of aids one at a time...my end result was Scary But just driveable.
AS....strong
Tc5
Asm off
Abs1
Srf off
Css 0

Very nice though Shaun and well done done for being able to drive this ice skating tiger with only abs 1 abd tc 1:bowdown:

I shall have to try out this so called "ice skating tiger" you speak of.. The maiden voyage will take place at.....you guessed it.. The green hell..

well work time B*U*D*D*Y* R*A*C*E*R* JUST THE LOVE OF GT 123456 TO BEE COME 7 SOME DAY :cheers::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Time isn't an issue. Credits however is.. I currently have 332,153 credits. I need to do a massive grinding session to get my credits up ASAP. I am once again a poor tuner. :( The RUF BTR is tuned to be a little loose. Throttle control is key to this tune and once you've got that and a good rhythm, you can make that car dance.

Ok mate...thanks anyway....i wish i could send you some credits:)

With the RUF....I will keep plugging away with it...i know its an awesome tune because it really does work well the aids on:cheers:

My main problem with it with only ABS 1 and TC1 on was breaking..every time i braked the car would go out of control and to the left...any hints

Shaun what track did you tune it on

cheers mate:cheers:

No. The rabbit ate the useless predator. It was almost too easy for it. Never mind.
Go do some packing or work on some builds. It helps if you come back to it later

That event seems to be your kryptonite, Shaun.. I used to be you back in the day when GT4 was all the rage. It made me feel like a complete oaf thb. From that point on, practice practice and more practice..

At one point i practically lived on the Nurb. Then came GT5, and the hell that is green reared it's face yet again. Countless hours spent on that track, but it has paid off.. I now know that track like the back of my own hand.

One has to invest some time to fully understand the "green hell", but once you do, that feeling is priceless.
I agree 100%.

If I had a dollar for every lap I've done around the Nordschleife, I could buy the track & have enough money left over to fill a large garage with priceless rides to enjoy on the best circuit on this planet.

The ultimate challenge is driving at night in the pouring rain without the driving line. Doing the Nurburgring 24 minutes (that still irks me) in a non-premium GT300 or DTM spec car is so good when you get it right.

Renault Sport Megane R.S. '08

450PP
255 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 59:41

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/110
7.50/4.50
6/5
5/7
3/6
1.2/0.0
-0.06/0.08

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.597
2nd 2.032
3rd 1.616
4th 1.332
5th 1.135
6th 0.996
Set final gear to 3.080
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
10/14/20
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 93.7%
Sports Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 53kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 207607
View attachment 207608

Wicked tune Shaun and i can drive it with only ABS 1 on:cheers:

Go do some packing or work on some builds. It helps if you come back to it later

I agree 100%.

If I had a dollar for every lap I've done around the Nordschleife, I could buy the track & have enough money left over to fill a large garage with priceless rides to enjoy on the best circuit on this planet.

The ultimate challenge is driving at night in the pouring rain without the driving line. Doing the Nurburgring 24 minutes (that still irks me) in a non-premium GT300 or DTM spec car is so good when you get it right.

Thats hardcore @Pete05 drivlng at night in the rain without the driving line....your the man :bowdown:

I do love that track:cheers:

VW Scirocco R '10 (Seasonal Tune)
460 PP
278 BHP
Weight 1300kgs
F/R Weight Dist 50/50

Tyres CS
FC Sus
F/R
90/90
7.50/8.50
5/5
4/4
5/1
1.0/2.0
-0.08/0.04

Standard Brakes
F/R
3/2

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5500
set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.351
2nd 1.816
3rd 1.440
4th 1.176
5th 0.994
6th 0.874
Set final gear to 3.640

FC Mech LSD
12/18/12

Clutch - Twin Plate
Set power limiter to 95.8%
Sports Exhaust
Mid Range Turbo Kit

Everything else standard in the power section

Weight Reduction stage 2
Ballast Set 74kg to position 50
Gold achieved with TCS and ABS set to 1. all other driving aids turned off.

View attachment 111211

Excellent tune Shaun!! Thank YOU!

Back