Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
Ferrari F40 '92 700PP

Today, I tested the Ferrari F40 šŸ„° that you developed at Le Mans.
I just fitted it with hard racing tires and lowered the power through the ecu.
Good job! šŸ‘Œ
The overall balance is very good and it is quite fast with reasonable fuel consumption but it has a serious balance problem under braking which causes it to oversteer even in a straight line! šŸ˜­
I think it's due to the updates that polyphony has slipped in the meantime.šŸ˜¤
I partially solved the problem by equipping it with the brake lever which I set to -5. šŸ‘
Perhaps a slight correction to the suspension or differential will completely erase the problem.šŸ‘Œ

Ferrari 250 Berlinetta passo corto '61 550PP
Sadly, they nerfed the heck out of the economy on this car. I used to be able to get 4 laps at FM5, now its down to 3 laps, pretty bogus for a non-meta car. Otherwise, very nice, solid and stable drive. If you push her too hard, she will make you pay, but when you stay within her limits, sheā€™s a great little performer. Iā€™m sure she can break 4:15 (see L1 for evidence of that), but after 2 wet and sloppy races, Iā€™m done trying for now.

83BCA079-2A41-4489-AD88-9A97E09D8256.jpeg

McLaren F1 '94 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A car that needed a little bit of teasing to get to this stage. It occasionally feels like it needs to be a little stiffer in the rear but to do this would hurt the front end turn in so I left it in this stage and it works well. Very easy to drive, safe at speed and as long as you don't overdo the breaking zones, you'll hit those apexes perfectly. Enjoy this one folks.

View attachment 1200786
View attachment 1200787

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as image. Can be adjusted for other tracks if required.

View attachment 1200788
View attachment 1200789

Still awaiting addition races to really test this one out but I took it to the european tracks and it dominates cars that are a lot newer than this.
at last! someone has manage to tame this beast šŸ˜‰ thanks @shaunm80 šŸ˜ my justification of acquiring this expensive machine is now complete šŸ˜‡

Ferrari 512 BB '76 (600PP)
Now this is very strange. Your version was less economical, recorded higher top speeds, had better grip and just FELT faster than the one I tested yesterdayā€¦but according to my chart, was not as fast. Iā€™ll write that up to having the heat too high in my house and the constant feeling of drowsiness. Your tune just feels better and was an absolute joy to drive, Iā€™m sure I can improve on the times with her.

F4456FD7-6074-42F7-ADCB-768E48F21837.jpeg

Hi Shaun yesterday I wanted to test the Radical Sr3 SL'13 but noticed that there is now a problem with the gearbox. Indeed, the value of the 1st gear is now impossible to reach (thanks Pody and his updates!).
Would it be possible to redo this precise adjustment?
See attached the photo where my 1st gear is positioned on the lowest value. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20221028_105448_edit_29645837009538.jpg
    IMG_20221028_105448_edit_29645837009538.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 19
Sadly, they nerfed the heck out of the economy on this car. I used to be able to get 4 laps at FM5, now its down to 3 laps, pretty bogus for a non-meta car. Otherwise, very nice, solid and stable drive. If you push her too hard, she will make you pay, but when you stay within her limits, sheā€™s a great little performer. Iā€™m sure she can break 4:15 (see L1 for evidence of that), but after 2 wet and sloppy races, Iā€™m done trying for now.

I suppose it is realistic as the "old engines" in these amazing cars were always a little more fuel hungry than the newer equivalents. You are right though, it is a non-meta car and probably shouldn't need as many pit stops compared to other around it. The theme between all these old Ferrari's is that they are all amazing and were very nice to tune up. I always enjoy driving these cars for any race they fit into.
at last! someone has manage to tame this beast šŸ˜‰ thanks @shaunm80 šŸ˜ my justification of acquiring this expensive machine is now complete šŸ˜‡
Yep, This car is definitely one of the priciest on the game but once you apply this tune to it, it does make it much easier to drive at the limit. McLaren cars are certainly entertaining but they have definitely required more love to get them into shape than they probably should need.
Smooth at 700, very ā€˜cleanā€™ drive.

It isn't the best looking Ferrari ever released but it does go very well. Thankfully, the back of the car looks nice so we don't have to focus on that long bonnet.
Now this is very strange. Your version was less economical, recorded higher top speeds, had better grip and just FELT faster than the one I tested yesterdayā€¦but according to my chart, was not as fast. Iā€™ll write that up to having the heat too high in my house and the constant feeling of drowsiness. Your tune just feels better and was an absolute joy to drive, Iā€™m sure I can improve on the times with her.

The 512BB on paper should feel slower as it was a "baby" Ferrari when it was released. Extremely desirable and drives really well. I do think the 600PP range is best for this car but you've obviously found a good balance on the RH tyres.
Hi Shaun yesterday I wanted to test the Radical Sr3 SL'13 but noticed that there is now a problem with the gearbox. Indeed, the value of the 1st gear is now impossible to reach (thanks Pody and his updates!).
Would it be possible to redo this precise adjustment?
See attached the photo where my 1st gear is positioned on the lowest value. Thank you in advance.
I will take a look at this car when I go back on the game. A few of my cars have been hit quite badly by the updates. My 700PP Porsche '13 hybrid car jumped 24pp since I last drove it and now I have no idea if it will drive well at 700PP without retuning that thing. If it is only a transmission change, that will be easy to resolve though. I usually do my gear boxes 0-10%, 20%, 40% and then make the last two gears looks nice on the graph line. You could always have a play with it yourself and see if you find a gear ratio that works for you.

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02 600PP
SS Tyres
This car is special in more ways than one for me because it is one of my favorite cars irl and you sublimated it with your settings! šŸ˜
With objectivity, she is perfect, I don't see how she could be improved in this category of PP. šŸ‘Œ
It holds the road superbly and accelerates very hard.
I enjoyed myself with Tokyo 5 laps 600pp where it turned out to be much more efficient than I imagined.šŸ˜±
To consume without moderation !šŸ‘

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PP

Racing Soft Tyres

A slightly faster version of the RM tune but the tyre wear is worse due to the PD physics. A nice handling car though.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PPRS-1.jpg

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PPRS-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG to meet the track.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PPRS-3.jpg

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PPRS-4.jpg

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe '54 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres

A very nice handling Ferrari that will make winning low PP races fun. The car exterior has been left totally stock as it is looks amazing as standard.

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farine Coupe 550PP-1.jpg

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farine Coupe 550PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set FG as image

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farine Coupe 550PP-3.jpg

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farine Coupe 550PP-4.jpg

Winning race image

Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farine Coupe WinShot.jpg

I like the Cayman RM and RS tunes back to back. You can visually see the minor changes in suspension settings needed to be made to compensate for the different grip levels. I might try them with both tires and see what my lap times are for giggles.

This car is special in more ways than one for me because it is one of my favorite cars irl and you sublimated it with your settings! šŸ˜
With objectivity, she is perfect, I don't see how she could be improved in this category of PP. šŸ‘Œ
It holds the road superbly and accelerates very hard.
I enjoyed myself with Tokyo 5 laps 600pp where it turned out to be much more efficient than I imagined.šŸ˜±
To consume without moderation !šŸ‘
Thanks. This is one of the earliest tunes in my garage so it is nice to see it is still going strong. I do enjoy these 4wd cars when they are this much fun.

I like the Cayman RM and RS tunes back to back. You can visually see the minor changes in suspension settings needed to be made to compensate for the different grip levels. I might try them with both tires and see what my lap times are for giggles.
It is the small details that make these cars useful. You can make a car drive on both tyres but then you will not get the best out of the individual settings. I look forward to seeing what you make of them.

Thanks for the classic car tunes! I will definitely try the Ferrari and Porsche ones. Sadly, I donā€™t own a TZ2 yet. Hope itā€˜s available from the LCD soon!

Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres
Hi all! :)

@shaunm80, a small review on the Nissan:

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from the original tune: NONE
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20221105165356.jpg

I've used this car several times at 700PP on Le Mans, it's very competitive at that range and it makes an excellent "cash cow"...
To see a tune at 800PP it was a very nice surprise indeed...

So, in regards of the tune all I can say is that it's perfect, an absolute grip machine, even can be considered a bit off of GT7 mechanics...

However, there is a small downsize (related to 2nd gear) that i'll pass to explain:

1. Taking by example the Sardegna race (fuel + tyre wear) by using this car you'll have to make a decision, go full send (FM1) and take advantage of all the car power but very high fuel usage, or go lean (FM6) and then 2nd gear kind of dies a bit, i.e, it takes too long to get to the higher revs in order to put the power down. I have to say I use AT, I known, it does not help... :(

Shaun, may I ask your opinion on this? I know AT does not help indeed, but what dou you think of it?

Apart from this particular situation, the car and tune are flawless, please try them! :lol:

TY and chat soon! :)

EDIT: Off to test the Cayman GT4... :P

Last edited:
Hi all! :)

@shaunm80, a small review on the Nissan:

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from the original tune: NONE

I've used this car several times at 700PP on Le Mans, it's very competitive at that range and it makes an excellent "cash cow"...
To see a tune at 800PP it was a very nice surprise indeed...

So, in regards of the tune all I can say is that it's perfect, an absolute grip machine, even can be considered a bit off of GT7 mechanics...

However, there is a small downsize (related to 2nd gear) that i'll pass to explain:

1. Taking by example the Sardegna race (fuel + tyre wear) by using this car you'll have to make a decision, go full send (FM1) and take advantage of all the car power but very high fuel usage, or go lean (FM6) and then 2nd gear kind of dies a bit, i.e, it takes too long to get to the higher revs in order to put the power down. I have to say I use AT, I known, it does not help... :(

Shaun, may I ask your opinion on this? I know AT does not help indeed, but what dou you think of it?

Apart from this particular situation, the car and tune are flawless, please try them! :lol:

TY and chat soon! :)

EDIT: Off to test the Cayman GT4... :P
If you are running on FM6, you could shorten the 2nd gear and adjust 3rd to come in earlier. That should help with the power reduction you have described. I will give this tune a go and see what I can make of it too. I normally use the F1500 race car for my daily grind but this would be a good test to see what is going on.

If you are running on FM6, you could shorten the 2nd gear and adjust 3rd to come in earlier. That should help with the power reduction you have described. I will give this tune a go and see what I can make of it too. I normally use the F1500 race car for my daily grind but this would be a good test to see what is going on.
Will do..

TY Shaun! šŸ‘

Alfa Romeo TZ2 carrozzota da Zagato '65 600PP

Racing Hard Tyres

An easy to drive, fun racing car. Old school but really fast on certain tracks.

View attachment 1205330
View attachment 1205331

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1205332
View attachment 1205333
Bought the TZ2 from Hagerty today and tried it with your tune on Tokyo 600. First laps are a bit sketchy on the RH, but after the track dries up a little the car is really nice to drive around the S bends. I was able to do a no pitstop race with a couple of laps on FM2. Tyres are fine for the whole race.
No lap records or a particularly fast race but a nice experience nonetheless!

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A high powered GT3 car. Extremely fast and safe.
@shaunm80

A silly question, why the nitrous? :lol:
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 700PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A full powered Gr.4 car on RM tyres. Fast and safe to drive at the limit.
Hi all!

Here's my review on the Porsche GT4... Finally can do it, been waiting to try this car for a long time...

• Tested at 700PP Le Mans 30m race
  • Changes from original tune: FINAL GEAR ADJUSTED
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20221106150623.jpg

A huge surprise strike me when testing this car (a very good one!):

1. Huge power and torque, the difference between FM1 and FM6 on fuel is barely noticed;​
  2. Loads and loads of grip, no oversteer or understeer​
  3. Perfect mid-cornering, rotation and acceleration​
  4. Racing Medium tyres are very well balanced for this car, had a completely dry race at Le Mans and it was a 1 pitstop, the RM lasted for 4 laps (very good indeed) and fuel management is excellent​
  5. Drove it to the limit on the last lap and the response was superior (4:03 lap time)​
An excellent tune and a grinder imo... TY Shaun!

Chat soon! :)

Last edited:
Will do..

TY Shaun! šŸ‘
So I tested this car out and I see what you mean about the 2nd gear. You can feel it sort off but it doesn't kick in for about 2 seconds properly to get the rev range. I would do what I mentioned and make 2nd gear shorter and just make 3rd gear kick in sooner. As you mentioned, handling wise this car is great for sardegna but I didn't appreciate that this car required a earlier braking zone compared to the my normal drive. All round though this Gr.3 car is awesome fun for this race.
Bought the TZ2 from Hagerty today and tried it with your tune on Tokyo 600. First laps are a bit sketchy on the RH, but after the track dries up a little the car is really nice to drive around the S bends. I was able to do a no pitstop race with a couple of laps on FM2. Tyres are fine for the whole race.
No lap records or a particularly fast race but a nice experience nonetheless!
Thanks for buying this car to try it out. Do you use MT or AT? to make this race without stopping is impressive. This car can obviously have great fuel economy. This car has always felt underpowered at its peak range but it always feels nice to drive even though it won't set land speed records as you pointed out.
@shaunm80

A silly question, why the nitrous? :lol:

Hi all!

Here's my review on the Porsche GT4... Finally can do it, been waiting to try this car for a long time...

• Tested at 700PP Le Mans 30m race
  • Changes from original tune: FINAL GEAR ADJUSTED
View attachment 1206363

A huge surprise strike me when testing this car (a very good one!):

1. Huge power and torque, the difference between FM1 and FM6 on fuel is barely noticed;​
  2. Loads and loads of grip, no oversteer or understeer​
  3. Perfect mid-cornering, rotation and acceleration​
  4. Racing Medium tyres are very well balanced for this car, had a completely dry race at Le Mans and it was a 1 pitstop, the RM lasted for 4 laps (very good indeed) and fuel management is excellent​
  5. Drove it to the limit on the last lap and the response was superior (4:03 lap time)​
An excellent tune and a grinder imo... TY Shaun!

Chat soon! :)
Firstly, the nitrous was part of my roulette give away prizes so I just added it in to the car. It isn't required but if anyone happens to have this part, it can be useful where nitrous is allowed in races.

The GT4 Cayman car is a very nice car. The RM version is definitely the one that will be overall more useful as the tyre wear physics. Thank you for testing this one and I am glad that you found this car to be as responsive and safe as I intended to make it.

So I tested this car out and I see what you mean about the 2nd gear. You can feel it sort off but it doesn't kick in for about 2 seconds properly to get the rev range. I would do what I mentioned and make 2nd gear shorter and just make 3rd gear kick in sooner. As you mentioned, handling wise this car is great for sardegna but I didn't appreciate that this car required a earlier braking zone compared to the my normal drive. All round though this Gr.3 car is awesome fun for this race.
šŸ‘ I'll give a try next weekend with the changes to 2nd + 3rd gear you suggested and let you know it...
Regarding the early braking I noticed it too, for me, it made me a tiny bit slower...
Firstly, the nitrous was part of my roulette give away prizes so I just added it in to the car. It isn't required but if anyone happens to have this part, it can be useful where nitrous is allowed in races.
Oh... I see... I believe Sardegna is not allowed, wouldn't mind using it though... :lol:
The GT4 Cayman car is a very nice car. The RM version is definitely the one that will be overall more useful as the tyre wear physics. Thank you for testing this one and I am glad that you found this car to be as responsive and safe as I intended to make it.
šŸ‘

Thanks for buying this car to try it out. Do you use MT or AT? to make this race without stopping is impressive. This car can obviously have great fuel economy. This car has always felt underpowered at its peak range but it always feels nice to drive even though it won't set land speed records as you pointed out.
I use MT. After the second lap I noticed that I was going to be short about half a lap of fuel at the end, so I switched to FM2 for the next two laps and short-shifted for a bit. The power delivery of the turbocharged engine helps as well. I didnā€™t check the graphs but thereā€˜s plenty of power before the redline so you can keep up those lap times while short-shifting.

It is the small details that make these cars useful. You can make a car drive on both tyres but then you will not get the best out of the individual settings. I look forward to seeing what you make of them.
I have some time off later in this week so I plan on giving it a go. Would you mind if I posted a video of my findings? (It's not a well known channel like Tidgney or SuperGT. Let's call it a work in progress :lol:)

I use MT. After the second lap I noticed that I was going to be short about half a lap of fuel at the end, so I switched to FM2 for the next two laps and short-shifted for a bit. The power delivery of the turbocharged engine helps as well. I didnā€™t check the graphs but thereā€˜s plenty of power before the redline so you can keep up those lap times while short-shifting.

I thought as much. I canā€™t make those fuel maps work because Iā€™m a automatic driver. Kudos to all the manual peoples though.

I have some time off later in this week so I plan on giving it a go. Would you mind if I posted a video of my findings? (It's not a well known channel like Tidgney or SuperGT. Let's call it a work in progress :lol:)
I have no issue with you posting your findings of the tunes I make. Feel free to use my tunes as you wish.

Back