Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
CBH
Hi @shaunm80 tuning is different in GT7, because of these suspension settings below will be effects any Performance Points change on a car.

Body Hight Adjustment effected by PP
Anti-Roll Bar Level effected by PP
Damper Ratio (Compression) % effected by PP
Damper Ratio (Expansion) % effected by PP
Natural Frequency HZ effected by PP
Negative Camber Angle Degrees effected by PP
Toe Angle Degrees effected by PP

Aerodynamics effected by PP
LSD effected by PP
There are a lot of changes in this game regarding the tuning, I am still getting my head around the tuning aspect. Creating a base tune seems easy, fine tuning it however takes longer than it did in gt6.

After a long week in work I am looking forward to spending some time completing a few cars.

There are a lot of changes in this game regarding the tuning, I am still getting my head around the tuning aspect. Creating a base tune seems easy, fine tuning it however takes longer than it did in gt6.

After a long week in work I am looking forward to spending some time completing a few cars.
I just have to get use to the new changes and you are right, tuning up a car is now going to take a bit longer. I don't like the new way because for many many years it was the old way of tuning, and I just have to get use to this new way.

Last edited:

Looking forward to your tunes mate, enjoy your weekend, cheers 😎

Ferrari F430 '06 600PP
SM Tyres

FerrariF430.jpg

FerrariF430-1.jpg
FerrariF430-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya great tunes looking forward to seeing what else you produce, keep up the good work 👍
Thanks. I am glad that you liked them. All these cars are very useful for the single player game play and also anyone still working through the cafe booklets.

I have a Supra Gr.4 ready to go, just haven't had time to get the images from the PS5 yet.

Getting a car in publishing condition is a lot harder right now than it seemed in GT6. I have 4 more cars (2x Ferraris, Ford GT and a Porsche 911) which almost seem done and then they just break traction at the worst possible time and I am really having a hard time getting that sorted. I'll get there though.

Not sure. Bring power restricter down by 1% and it will adjust back. Or just run above 600pp when events allow. Might as well have the extra horses.

Thanks for these. I am struggling with the World Touring 600. Cannot find a car that I like in both the rain at the RedBull ring and then on dry Suzuka.

May give your Supra a go.

Toyota Supra RZ '97 (600PP)

SS Tyres

Additional parts installed on this car via GT Auto
Standard Size Wheels
Front aero Type B
Side Type A
Rear Type A
Wing Type B

Toyota Supra RZ '97.jpg

Toyota Supra RZ '97-1.jpg

Toyota Supra RZ '97-2.jpg

Setting up the transmission
Install FC Transmission
Set top speed to 340kph
Manual adjustment: Input gear figures first and then sent final gear
Can readjust final gear to suit tracks without affecting gear ratios.

Toyota Supra RZ '97-3.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't yet got into car preparation like in GT6 and GT Sport. I wanted to have your opinion on the preparation of the cars. Is it more difficult for you? Is it so different than in previous editions? Or do the changes have the same consequences on the cars as in previous editions? Thank you in advance.

I haven't yet got into car preparation like in GT6 and GT Sport. I wanted to have your opinion on the preparation of the cars. Is it more difficult for you? Is it so different than in previous editions? Or do the changes have the same consequences on the cars as in previous editions? Thank you in advance.
Hey! Hows it going? The whole physics of GT7 is different to what we had in GT6. Some cars feel planted and perfect straight of the bat but then others are definitely in need of tuning. The Toyota Supra Gr3 car that came with the 25th anniversary edition is awesome and needs no work what so ever.

Tuning up a car from scratch definitely needs more time than I previously put into my GT6 tunes and I didn't spend too much time tuning in GT Sport as life got in the way a little. I would say that there are definitely old school elements of tuning but the trickiest part is fine tuning car when they have one or two little inconsistencies. I am sure there is a way to fix it quickly but I have not found it yet.

I suspect once i've spent a lot of time tuning various cars up and become more natural with the game physics it will be way easier to get a tune perfect but for now I am happy just to be back tuning with a full tool box and aftermarket parts rather than what GT Sport offered us.

I am looking for Lexus LC500 help. I am having issues with turning into corners, understeer, and getting alot of play at high speeds, seems to spin out of control. I have raise the down force and adjusted the toe but no luck.

Thanks for these. I am struggling with the World Touring 600. Cannot find a car that I like in both the rain at the RedBull ring and then on dry Suzuka.

May give your Supra a go.
I can confirm that the supra ‘20 at 600pp is good for a win on this event. I did it myself earlier with this car. Really good in the rain. Have to hit all the apex’s on Suzuka to keep up with the nsx though.

I am looking for Lexus LC500 help. I am having issues with turning into corners, understeer, and getting alot of play at high speeds, seems to spin out of control. I have raise the down force and adjusted the toe but no luck.
I don’t own this car yet and I’m saving my credits for tuning up the cars I have already. Each tune costs in excess of 400k with all parts I put in. This tuning gig is very credit heavy.

Ford GT '06 (700PP)
Sports Soft Tyres

Aftermarket Wheels
Front Aero Type B
Side Type A
Wing Custom Wing Set

A revised and updated Ford GT '06 tune for the americas circuits. A lovely motor this and one that will put a smile on your face.

Ford GT '06 700PP-Car.jpg

Ford GT '06 700PP-1.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 370
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

Ford GT '06 700PP-2.jpg

Ford GT '06 700PP-3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your tremendous job, I love your tunes.
Do you think is possible to get a competent car with 550PP to try to beat clubman plus races? They are hard ones!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your tremendous job, I love your tunes.
Do you think is possible to get a competent car with 550PP to try to beat clubman plus races? They are hard ones!

Thanks in advance!
I will be looking for one of these cars for these events. I have been having trouble getting a win with a non-tuned car myself. Once I find one i'll definitely post it.
Thanks for sharing. What do you think of this guy's approach?

I suspect that I would probably crash into a wall after a few corners. Unfortunately I don't have this car to try it out and see how user-friendly this car is.

I suspect that I would probably crash into a wall after a few corners. Unfortunately I don't have this car to try it out and see how user-friendly this car is.
I asked because I can't follow his logic, but having said that, I think his tune for the DBR9 in GTS was extremely quick...I'm scratching my head, is it just exploiting game physics?

Latest Posts

Back