Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 929 comments
Hi all really struggling with fujispeedway world touring car 800 could you suggest a car and tune please

Last edited:
Thank you. I am happy to be back. It has been a while since I’ve been in the tuning frame of mind. Getting back into it slowly.

Your not the first to notice to lack of American cars. It is definitely something the garage needs. The rs car you want is the latest version?
Yes m8 the focus rs 18

So I got a s660 for the endurance race. Base tune is lapping at 2.30 a lap with fuel saving. 1 stop technique will get me to 7th or 8th place. I am guessing with a more honed tune and going for a 2 stop it will be faster but is it 50 odd seconds faster which is what the pit stop costs? What is everyone else’s technique for this endurance race?

Base Pantera with ballast to 1500kg and power restrictor to 449.98pp with CM's

Started fuel saving, then just decided to go map 1 and won fairly easily.

Base Pantera with ballast to 1500kg and power restrictor to 449.98pp with CM's

Started fuel saving, then just decided to go map 1 and won fairly easily.
Which endurance race is this? The one I am working on is the kei car at 400pp cs tyres.

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R '17 750PP

Sports Soft Tyres

Aero Parts:
Front Type A
Side Type B
Rear Type A
Wing Type A

A balanced and very fast GT-R. Not a time-attack tune but it is safe and consistent which is me all day long! I started this tune on RM tyres but i couldn't find a balance so changed it to SS tyres. I will revise the 800PP RM tune at a later date but for now I am happy with this.

Nisan GT-R '17 750PP-1.jpg

Nisan GT-R '17 750PP-2.jpg

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 300
Set gears as per ratios
Set final gear to suit track
final gear can be adjusted as needed.

Nisan GT-R '17 750PP-3.jpg

Nisan GT-R '17 750PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda Roadster Touring Car 600PP

Racing Soft Tyres

This car is designed for the mission race. Gear box will need a fresh design if used on any other track.

Capable of lapping at 0.59-1.00 min per lap on RS tyres. This race does have a habit of raining so don't do what i did and not install Wet tyres for this. Went from 1st to 5th. painful yes..

Mazda Roadster TC 6.00PP-1jpg.jpg

Mazda Roadster TC 6.00PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 220
Set gear ratios as per image
Set final gear
Do not adjust unless needed for another track.

Mazda Roadster TC 6.00PP-3.jpg

Mazda Roadster TC 6.00PP-4.jpg

Ford Focus RS '18 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres

A fun and easy to drive Ford Focus RS. Aimed it at 600PP so the only tyre option was SM tyres. to go to SS it would boost that PP way too high. Drive is within its limits and this car is a blast. Enjoy!

Ford RS '18 600PP-1.jpg

Ford RS '18 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 310
Set rations as per image
Set final gear
FG can be adjusted if needed

Ford RS '18 600PP-3.jpg

Ford RS '18 600PP-4.jpg

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP (Revised 16/3/23)

Sports Soft Tyres

Aero Parts
Front Type A
Wing Type A
20 Inch Wheels

A easy to drive and consistent 600PP Mustang. Smooth and safe. I downloaded the art work from someone else and it added the aero parts but I think it looks much better and doesn't do the tune any harm either. A nice looking cruiser. Pretty fast too. This car has been revised recently with additional parts. Still just as awesome with the handling.

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP-1.jpg

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 280
Set gears as per ratio in image
Set final gear as needed. Can be adjusted.

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP-3.jpg

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 '09 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

I saved this tune to publish last in this batch. It is a joy to drive and has an engine note to die for! Safe and fast. Tuned on an italian track with lots of camber and turns to ensure it doesn't kill you. Respect the limits of this car as it pumps out alot of HP for SS tyres and you'll have a blast! Enjoy.

Also, If you want it slower (why would you??) but safer... (again why?) I have included the alternative settings for this..

Lamborhini Murcielago LP640 '09 700PP-1.jpg

Lamborhini Murcielago LP640 '09 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set final gear
can be adjusted

Lamborhini Murcielago LP640 '09 700PP-3.jpg

Lamborhini Murcielago LP640 '09 700PP-4.jpg

Alternate Slower and safer version

Lamborhini Murcielago LP640 '09 700PP-AltTune.jpg

Hi all really struggling with fujispeedway world touring car 800 could you suggest a car and tune please
Hi, I won it with Honda nsx concept-GT 16.
I am rookie in this game so it might be that my trial and error settings are not best, but hey, try and see if it works for you. I was driving first 7 laps on heavy wet tires and last laps on intermediate.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_124434.jpg
    IMG_20220418_124434.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20220418_124504.jpg
    IMG_20220418_124504.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220416_204245.jpg
    IMG_20220416_204245.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 52
I hope that you all enjoy the new selection of tunes, I added a little of everything in to this batch. Some american cars, a mission winning car (when you have wet tyres as an option of course), and a few cars which have been sat in the back of the garage for too long waiting to be finished.

Next batch will hopefully have the BAC Mono for the mission race once I set that one up and I will throw in some more American cars as we are still low on those.

I haven't forgotten the Aston Martin GT3 car, It is sort of ready but I am not happy with the consistency yet. Hopefully will be done in the next batch.

2 cars there for me to try.

I've been grinding the Tokyo 600pp race with different 600pp cars..... Helps pay for all the tuning and new cars.

A 4th place finish still nets $325K and you get a heap of laps to get the feel of the car.

2 cars there for me to try.

I've been grinding the Tokyo 600pp race with different 600pp cars..... Helps pay for all the tuning and new cars.

A 4th place finish still nets $325K and you get a heap of laps to get the feel of the car.
I am going to be working nights so won't have much time to play but I do plan on completing the new events soon. Anyone know which car is best to use for the 620PP race at trial mountain where you can pick any car? I tried the Gr.4 McClaren but the lead car seems miles away even after 2 laps.

One of the events I am yet to win is the 700PP GT-R race but I have a Nismo GT-R all prepared for tuning at this range. Hoping that this car will dominate that race.

Hi my friend, thanks for your beautiful work !!!!
I have one question for you if you want to answer : if you move the final Gear your PP move or not ?
Sorry 2 questions 🤣🤣 : you make your transmission after making your engine ?
Thanks a lot Shaunm

I have one question for you if you want to answer : if you move the final Gear your PP move or not ?
Thanks a lot Shaunm
Rule of thumb used to be, and i'm pretty certain it still is.. Do the necessary modifications first and do the transmission last.

From my own experience with regards to tuning i can definitely say yes, changing your gearing does indeed alter the performance rating.

Hope that answers your questions

Last edited:
Rule of thumb used to be, and i'm pretty certain it still is.. Do the necessary modifications first and do the transmission last.

From my own experience with regards tuning i can definitely say yes, changing your gearing does indeed alter the performance rating.

Hope that answers your questions
yes thank you very much that answers my questions. It's so different from GT6 and GT Sport that I get mixed up a bit even though I've already done 2 cars. thanks again @LordJCS :cheers:

Ford Mustang GT '15 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres

Aero Parts
Front Type A
Wing Type A
20 Inch Wheels

A easy to drive and consistent 600PP Mustang. Smooth and safe. I downloaded the art work from someone else and it added the aero parts but I think it looks much better and doesn't do the tune any harm either. A nice looking cruiser. Pretty fast too.

View attachment 1139245
View attachment 1139246

Transmission
Set TS to 280
Set gears as per ratio in image
Set final gear as needed. Can be adjusted.

View attachment 1139247
View attachment 1139248
I like this tune 👍👍

yes thank you very much that answers my questions. It's so different from GT6 and GT Sport that I get mixed up a bit even though I've already done 2 cars. thanks again @LordJCS :cheers:
No worries.

i find myself scratching my head sometimes when it comes to tuning on this.. So many aspects to take into consideration when tuning a car, as every little thing has an effect on the performance point rating in the end.. So one has to be careful and really have a plan in place before tuning.

Happy tuning and who knows, we might see each other on the track someday.

View attachment 1120573

Gran Turismo 7 Setups

Hello all and welcome to Exeter GT Tuning. Once upon a time ago I had a modest sized tuning garage in GT6 but life got in the way for GT Sport and I didn't have the time or enough energy to keep going with the tuning aspects of that game. For GT7 however, I am definitely going to back and will be posting tunes for cars once more!

I look forward to seeing some of the old people from my previous thread and also new people who are looking for easy to drive cars in GT7.

I will be making the old style tunes that made GT6 more fun to play and as has always been the case, feel free to chat, ask any questions and comment on any of the tunes that will be forthcoming.

In time I will be more open about why I went quiet for so long but for now Hello again everyone! Sorry I was not about for ages and I hope to see a few of you in GT7 in the future.
I'm looking for a setup for the GT-R NISMO GT500 '16. I'm pretty close, but am interested to see if someone else's approach can improve my lap times. And do you use the transmission flip?

Thanks a lot Shaunm
I always do the transmission last. Once I have all the parts installed and I am happy with the PP I will design the transmission. It does affect PP for sure so I may have to use the power adjuster but with the right settings on a transmission you can claw some of that time back.
@shaunm80 could you make a tune for the Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 ‘14 please? I love FF cars, especially the golf :cool:
Brought parts for this car and the Polo '14 as well. Gonna be working on these next week.
I'm looking for a setup for the GT-R NISMO GT500 '16. I'm pretty close, but am interested to see if someone else's approach can improve my lap times. And do you use the transmission flip?
I don't have this car yet. Been grinding some high payout races so I can buy cars and parts for tuning. I will get round to racing cars in the future but unless I win them, I am not spending many credits on them right now. They need to be something I will race with before I buy them right now.

I am working a night shift tonight and then have a few days off. 9 cars already prepared for tuning, just need brain power and time next week to get them sorted.

I always do the transmission last. Once I have all the parts installed and I am happy with the PP I will design the transmission. It does affect PP for sure so I may have to use the power adjuster but with the right settings on a transmission you can claw some of that time back.

Brought parts for this car and the Polo '14 as well. Gonna be working on these next week.

I don't have this car yet. Been grinding some high payout races so I can buy cars and parts for tuning. I will get round to racing cars in the future but unless I win them, I am not spending many credits on them right now. They need to be something I will race with before I buy them right now.

I am working a night shift tonight and then have a few days off. 9 cars already prepared for tuning, just need brain power and time next week to get them sorted.
I’m looking forward to the golf :cool:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 '09 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

I saved this tune to publish last in this batch. It is a joy to drive and has an engine note to die for! Safe and fast. Tuned on an italian track with lots of camber and turns to ensure it doesn't kill you. Respect the limits of this car as it pumps out alot of HP for SS tyres and you'll have a blast! Enjoy.

Also, If you want it slower (why would you??) but safer... (again why?) I have included the alternative settings for this..

View attachment 1139249
View attachment 1139250

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set final gear
can be adjusted

View attachment 1139251
View attachment 1139252

Alternate Slower and safer version

View attachment 1139253

Ferrari F40 '92 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A glorious Ferrari. Awesome drive and this is definitely the right PP range for it. I went and added another power part after settling on this tune and slightly ruined it and now I can't remove the part so I have to spend more time on mine but this tune is definitely the best version I have found. Enjoy folks.

View attachment 1134074
View attachment 1134075

Transmission settings
Set TS to 350
Set gear ratios as per image below
Set final gear as per track
Can be adjusted

View attachment 1134076
View attachment 1134077
Fantastic tunes mate. Looking forward to trying some more of your tunes out.

Can I ask a question; can the engine upgrades be distilled down to numbers? For example if I already had some non removable power upgrades to the value of (for example) 30PP, can I just turn the ECU or Power Restrictor down to remove/compensate for those 30PP so that my car arrives at the same PP value as yours? Or will there be some upset to the tune overall when I do this?

Last edited:
Fantastic tunes mate. Looking forward to trying some more of your tunes out.

Can I ask a question; can the engine upgrades be distilled down to numbers? For example if I already had some non removable power upgrades to the value of (for example) 30PP, can I just turn the ECU or Power Restrictor down to remove/compensate for those 30PP so that my car arrives at the same PP value as yours? Or will there be some upset to the tune overall when I do this?
Hey, Thanks. Happy to hear that you are liking these machines. Definitely fun at 700PP for sure. If you have non removable parts on your car, adjusting the power restrictor won't affect my tune at all, Depending on the parts you have installed your overall power values may differ but the handling of the car won't change.

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Oz wheels 1" size up

A fun and easy to drive frenchie classic. Looks good, sounds good, drives good. Bon voyage!

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550pp-1.jpg

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550pp-2.jpg

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 270
Set gear ratios as per image below
Set final gear.
If needed final gear can be adjusted (will affect PP as usual)

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550pp-3.jpg

Renault Clio V6 24V '00 550pp-4.jpg

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 650PP

Sports Soft Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Front Aero Type B
Side Type A

A calm, fast and safe american sports car. Can actually take corners pretty easily without signing your will before entering them. Enjoy!

Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 650PP-1.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 650PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 350
Set final gear as per ratios below
Set final gear as needed (if different from mine PP may be affected..)

Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 650PP-3.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 650PP-4.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A car designed to beat the 700PP nissan GT-R race in the game. Does so very easily. I had sloppy driving and still won by 14seconds. Could have and should have been more.

It does have some of that 4wd understeer that most of them seem to have inherently but it is very much an all round better to drive with this tune now.

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 700PP-1.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 350
Set gear rations as per image below
Set Final gear as per image
If adjusting final gear PP may change..

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 700PP-3.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 700PP-4.jpg

Back