Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 933 comments
How would you as a tuner increase braking stability?

I have been using your F40 tune (although today was the first day I actually ran it for the Le Mans 30 minute race) and it sometimes feels squirrely under braking...the best solution to this is just to do all your decelerating in a straight line of course, but on Le Mans, there are a couple of turns near the end that almost require you to brake while in the turn. It may just be a quirk of the car, but was wondering if you can offer any additional advice.

Thank you for all your hard work!

It's a shame this is such a gas guzzler because it drives beautifully. Had to pit 4 times on Sardegna even with FM on 6 so no good for the wtc800
I will just take it as a win that it drives well I suppose. It doesn’t surprise me that it eats gas like it does. For me it’s one of those cars you just drive and smile a lot in. Thanks for testing it out though in the endurance races. One day these cars will have their races to shine in.

How would you as a tuner increase braking stability?

I have been using your F40 tune (although today was the first day I actually ran it for the Le Mans 30 minute race) and it sometimes feels squirrely under braking...the best solution to this is just to do all your decelerating in a straight line of course, but on Le Mans, there are a couple of turns near the end that almost require you to brake while in the turn. It may just be a quirk of the car, but was wondering if you can offer any additional advice.

Thank you for all your hard work!
You can adjust the braking sensitivity until you find a better balance for your style or adjust the brake balance forward or backward depending if your car is not a 50 50 balance to even out the braking zones. I do the later for Porsches sometimes when they have a lot of weight in in the rear ended and not much on the front. Hope that helps.

On another note. Attention everyone. Great news! A massive drop of tunes incoming this afternoon. A lot of my troublesome tunes have been sorted and are ready to show to the world. If you have spent lots of credits on the expensive stuff then these tunes are for you. If your still working on them, keep going as it will be worth it!

Before I give you all the goodies, id just like to share a proud moment on this game so far for me.

Those three legendary cars that give you this trophy.. A feat to save up this much in credits but a real feel good moment.

TLC.jpg

Ferrari F50 '95 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

This car is a true beauty. Really nice to drive and looks like the bees knees. Fast and safe, you can drive this thing all day with a smile on your face.

Ferrari F50 '95 700PP-1.jpg

Ferrari F50 '95 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG.

Ferrari F50 '95 700PP-3.jpg

Ferrari F50 '95 700PP-4.jpg

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

Wide Body Kit

You know when you think that you just don't have enough Ferrari's in your garage. Well I added a few more because I can. This one was horrible to tune as it started off so shockingly bad to drive. It is now a safe and fast tune. The rear end feels kind of stiff at times but drive a few laps in it and you'll understand what I did with this tune and why it works well now. I enjoy this tune a lot as you can pick it up and go off with it easy peasy. Personally tested on the Ferrari 700PP race and it wins that easily.

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 700pp-1.jpg

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 700pp-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per image.

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 700pp-3.jpg

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 700pp-4.jpg

Ferrari Enzo WinShot.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Yep. another one.. Very capable as this PP range and works well around Suzuka which is my final test track for all the GT3 cars.

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730pp-1.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730pp-2.jpg

Transmission
Different setup (slightly) compared to my usual style. Couldn't get 1st and 2nd right so I looked to @praiano63 for inspiration on how to get this one right.

Set TS to 200
Set ratios as per image.
Set FG as per image.

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730pp-3.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 730pp-4.jpg

Ferrari FXX K '14 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A tune that was requested by a member. It is a costly buy but it is worth the money you'll be pleased to know. The LSD cannot be adjusted which made for interesting tuning but I think I found the balance in this car now. It is safe, fast and occasionally requires some throttle control. That being said, it is a really fun drive.

I promise, this is the last Ferrari for today but don't worry as I have more Porsches that are coming for all you lovely people because one can never have enough Porsches.. You can thank me later. :)

Ferrari FXX K '14 800pp-1.jpg

Ferrari FXX K '14 800pp-2.jpg

Ferrari FXX K '14 800pp-3.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 915PP

Racing Medium Tyres

So I have been working on this car for weeks. Finally had a moment of pure inspiration and found this magical setup. Really easy to drive and you can smile ear to ear when you drive Spa and go up the hill at full speed. It just feels awesome!

A great car which is insanely fast for its age. Enjoy!

Oh.. you may notice that I am now pretty much broke in this game.. It is back to the grind for me now. :(

Porsche 962 C '88 915PP-1.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 915PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

Porsche 962 C '88 915PP-3.jpg

Porsche 962 C '88 915PP-4.jpg

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 730PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A really nice and easy to drive GT3 car. Definitely one of the best handling cars in this PP range.

On the plus side, I am officially running out of Porsches to tune up now so there will be lots of other manufacturers making their way into my garage soon!

Oh. If you a new player and don't have this car, do what I did and get through the sponsorship car option and it is virtually free other than a few extra parts. It is certainly worth it!

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 730PP-1.jpg

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 730PP-2.jpg

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 730PP-3.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Yeah.. this is not cheap but it awesome and it is definitely worth selling a kidney or two should you get the chance! (please don't sell a kidney in real life... I won't be held responsible for those sorts of actions!)

Okay, being serious now, this car is sooo good. Tested it on a race that I had yet win and it make it ridiculously easy to do so. I felt like I was cheating a little. You'll find this car towards the top of its class any day of the week. For those who brought this a week or so ago, well done good people! I salute you and your ingenuousness.

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800pp-1.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800pp-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800pp-3.jpg

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800pp-4.jpg

Race Strategy - Barcelona
FM1 for half a lap
FM4 until you pit for fuel on lap 6
FM4 until the end. If you need to fuel save, go to FM6 in the mid field mickey mouse corners and you can really eek out that fuel consumption.

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 WinShot.jpg

Last edited:
Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP

Racing Hard Tyres

An easy to drive, nice handling and safe race car. Seemed to be one of choice for one of those mission events but I haven't tested it myself on that one. I downloaded the livery as seen in the picture as I think it looks awesome. Im sure you'll enjoy this tune too!

Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP-1.jpg

Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP-3.jpg

Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP-4.jpg

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres

This car has been a pain in the a*se to tune up. It was worse than rubbish when stock. bugged in all areas when it came to resolving issues and don't get me started on the braking habits.. Thankfully, many hours later of tearing my hear out I present a drivable old classic that should not have been this hard to tame.

This car cannot be made "perfect" but this is the best state I can get it in and I hope you all enjoy it. Also. It is a lot cheaper than some of the other tunes published today so hopefully some of you own this one...

Anyway. Enjoy!

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600pp-1.jpg

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600pp-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set FG as per image.

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600pp-3.jpg

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600pp-4.jpg

That it is for today with regards to the tunes ready for publishing. For those of you who have them/can afford them or sell kidneys to buy them, let me know what you think. These were some of my problem tunes which were tricky to get right.

Next time on the expensive tuner show, some not so expensive tunes (everyone goes Yay!!). You can expect some Lambo's, Italian cars (yes.. more) and I will try and throw in some really cheap tunes (low PP) for your enjoyment.

What a great job!!!! Both in quality and quantity! I think the people who follow you won't know where to turn!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:
Thank you very much. I don't publish as much as I use to but when I do I always have a decent number of tunes ready to go. Life and work schedule make it difficult at times but I hope that the tunes I give people make them happy.

One things for sure though, this batch of tunes is going to make lots of people broke with their in game credits. How is your garage going? I see your slowly building up your tune collection. Hope you're enjoying this aspect of the game as much as I do.

Thank you very much. I don't publish as much as I use to but when I do I always have a decent number of tunes ready to go. Life and work schedule make it difficult at times but I hope that the tunes I give people make them happy.

One things for sure though, this batch of tunes is going to make lots of people broke with their in game credits. How is your garage going? I see your slowly building up your tune collection. Hope you're enjoying this aspect of the game as much as I do.
yes it is true that work and family life does not leave much time to be able to play and build cars. But I find this game really very interesting and this part of making cars is really very good. I also enjoy it a lot like in GT6. Yes, as you say I'm going little by little because it's really different and more picky. And I have a lot less feedback than for GT6 and GT Sport so I'm not in a hurry. 🤣🤣

I wish you much success as in the previous GTs. And above all, have fun and enjoy yourself. I will be happy to drive some of your cars like in GT6.
:cheers:

Hi Shaun just wondering if there's a tune for a maxed out GT-R Nismo 17, I'm not bothered about the PP just want to get it as fast as possible and going round corners like a UFO. 🛸

The car was sweet till I messed with it and I just can't seem to get it back, followed the tune for lower PP but it's just not right with all the power (946 BHP), it understeers way too much and if I sort that it then spins out.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

My GT-R Nismo Silver Bullet...
180fb8a909294-screenshotUrl.jpg

Shelby G.T.350 '65 600PP

Sports Soft Tyres

This car has been a pain in the a*se to tune up. It was worse than rubbish when stock. bugged in all areas when it came to resolving issues and don't get me started on the braking habits.. Thankfully, many hours later of tearing my hear out I present a drivable old classic that should not have been this hard to tame.

This car cannot be made "perfect" but this is the best state I can get it in and I hope you all enjoy it. Also. It is a lot cheaper than some of the other tunes published today so hopefully some of you own this one...

Anyway. Enjoy!

View attachment 1153596
View attachment 1153597

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set FG as per image.

View attachment 1153598
View attachment 1153599
Hello my friend. Myself i've spent a lot of time on this car. A real headache.
I'll test your car later. I didn't drive any car from your garage since GT6 when i was both tester and tuner during shootouts.
At this time i remember i had a lot of admiration about your settings. I'll send some feedback soon.;)

Hi Shaun just wondering if there's a tune for a maxed out GT-R Nismo 17, I'm not bothered about the PP just want to get it as fast as possible and going round corners like a UFO. 🛸

The car was sweet till I messed with it and I just can't seem to get it back, followed the tune for lower PP but it's just not right with all the power (946 BHP), it understeers way too much and if I sort that it then spins out.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

My GT-R Nismo Silver Bullet... View attachment 1153954
Hey. That does happen when you start changing settings. I've done it many a time with a good setup and made it worse. The one thing I do now is save a baseline setup that I like and then create a test setup for any changes I make. As for a maxed out tune, I am probably not the guy to do that right now. I tried tuning the other GTR at max settings (800PP Racing Medium tyres etc etc) trying to give it drive club physics but I failed miserably and went back to a toned down SS setup at 750PP which worked much better.

As i've mentioned previously this game is one that I am still learning my tuning style on so its not to say I won't have a maxed out version in the future. If you run racing tyres, I find that higher numbers on the suspension can be beneficial and then you just balance it out so you get flat out acceleration with no slip on the rear. Keep playing around and you'll find it I'm sure.
I'll test your car later. I didn't drive any car from your garage since GT6 when i was both tester and tuner during shootouts.
At this time i remember i had a lot of admiration about your settings. I'll send some feedback soon.;)
Hey there! good to hear from you. I think I saw that you had issues with this one too for a little while. It certainly wasn't the easiest car to sort out. I am more than happy for you to give a tune a go and see what you think. My style hasn't changed since GT6 so hopefully you'll enjoy it somewhat. Keep up the great work making tunes for the community too, your garage is definitely making this game accessible for lots of players new and old.

@shaunm80 A bit of a strange one but how would you maximize performance in a super formula car?
Having not played around with this car too much, the basics I would do myself to make this a top car is to find a setting that makes the rear tyres grip under full acceleration with minimal sideways slippage and I would crank up the LSD acceleration as much as the car can handle to get traction of the corners. In an ideal world you'd want 35+ on LSD acceleration as long as your rear tyres don't slide as soon as you floor the accelerator.

Hey there! good to hear from you. I think I saw that you had issues with this one too for a little while. It certainly wasn't the easiest car to sort out. I am more than happy for you to give a tune a go and see what you think. My style hasn't changed since GT6 so hopefully you'll enjoy it somewhat. Keep up the great work making tunes for the community too, your garage is definitely making this game accessible for lots of players new and old.
what is good in this community is to see that the tuners help each other. We try cars from other tuners and that helps us in building our cars. To see @praiano63 test cars from @shaunm80 and vice versa shows the good spirit of this community. Thank you gentlemen for showing me from GT6 how to make cars and be an inspiration.
Thanks a lot :cheers: :bowdown::bowdown:

The Kei Cars finally have another run in the new menu book from todays update. The first race (americas) can be easily won by the cappuccino car, I then switched to the S660 for the next two races (Europe and Japan) as that has better speed in it.

Alpine A220 Race Car '68 700PP

Racing Hard Tyres

An easy to drive, nice handling and safe race car. Seemed to be one of choice for one of those mission events but I haven't tested it myself on that one. I downloaded the livery as seen in the picture as I think it looks awesome. Im sure you'll enjoy this tune too!
Hello Shaun!

I've been a user of your tunes since... like... I don't know, forever, and they match my driving style perfectly (Only ABS driver here)!
Love the way how the settings allow me to drive some of the most "wild" cars on the edge with no assists and how planted they feel...

In particular the tune quoted, I have to say it makes the Alpine a totally different breed of a car! Super grip, great stability entering and exiting corners, great top speed (I grind Le Mans 700PP)... Already used your Silvia TC at 700PP, the new BRZ GT300 at 800PP and many others... Got planned to drive the 155 TC and the other Subaru GT500 or something... :P

The point is, don't mind me asking, do you have planned to tune the 99 GT-R GT500 (if you own the car of course...)? Or the recently Strassenversion LCD avaliable?

Excellent job on the tunes! :)

TY! 👍

Last edited:
Hello Shaun!

I've been a user of your tunes since... like... I don't know, forever, and they match my driving style perfectly (Only ABS driver here)!
Love the way how the settings allow me to drive some of the most "wild" cars on the edge with no assists and how planted they feel...

In particular the tune quoted, I have to say it makes the Alpine a totally different breed of a car! Super grip, great stability entering and exiting corners, great top speed (I grind Le Mans 700PP)... Already used your Silvia TC at 700PP, the new BRZ GT300 at 800PP and many others... Got planned to drive the 155 TC and the other Subaru GT500 or something... :P

The point is, don't mind me asking, do you have planned to tune the 99 GT-R GT500 (if you own the car of course...)? Or the recently Strassenversion LCD avaliable?

Excellent job on the tunes! :)

TY! 👍
Hello! definitely a blast from the past. Really good to hear from you and glad you stopped by the new garage.

Thanks for trying out these cars. Definitely a good selection of cars and I agree about the Alpine, certainly a drivers car that makes it fun at any track. The Alfa 155 is a beast too, you'll enjoy this one for sure.

I do have the 99 GTR race car in my garage and I will definitely be putting a tune on that thing in the future. It is pretty good stock but I will give it my personal touch.

Keep enjoying the tunes and once again, great to see you around again.

The Alfa 155 is a beast too, you'll enjoy this one for sure.
Hi Shaun!

Just to give a small feedback on the Alfa:

• Performed great on Le Mans 700PP, in terms of top speed, cornering ability (flawless on this one), braking stability, good corner exiting speed, superb fuel economy...
  • Did the 1st part of the race on the RM as per stated on your settings, the tyres did good and the wear was OK, maybe I'm used more to the RH... However, after the 1st stop changed to RH and the handling/behavior of the car did not changed at all, only needed to adjust the mid cornering speed to the RH's and the car performed at the same level with RM...
Overall excellent tune! 👍

Many thanks! :)

PS: Will the Porsche Strassenversion be in your plans for a possible tune?

Hi Shaun!

Just to give a small feedback on the Alfa:

• Performed great on Le Mans 700PP, in terms of top speed, cornering ability (flawless on this one), braking stability, good corner exiting speed, superb fuel economy...
  • Did the 1st part of the race on the RM as per stated on your settings, the tyres did good and the wear was OK, maybe I'm used more to the RH... However, after the 1st stop changed to RH and the handling/behavior of the car did not changed at all, only needed to adjust the mid cornering speed to the RH's and the car performed at the same level with RM...
Overall excellent tune! 👍

Many thanks! :)

PS: Will the Porsche Strassenversion be in your plans for a possible tune?
Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned this tune is a beast. glad you liked it though.

the new Porsche is nearly done. A few last minute touches and it will be good to go. A really nice car it is.

For those of you who are expecting a lot of Italian mid engined supercars, well, they aren't done yet. They need more work and a lot more time. However, A large amount of new tunes are imminent with a mix of 600PP road cars and some Gr.1 cars for the new menu book or Gr.1 races if you've already done that. I hope you enjoy all the new tunes.

Back